Desperately need help with pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which wires are you getting the 1 reading from at the cdi?s

its about 8.21 on the old coil and 9.5 on the new coil at 20k

The one reading at the cdi is coming from, the green wire to the blue/white, and red/black. it starts at one and stays at one

Im not getting any reading its just staying at one at the connector to the cdi

Edit:its 00.5 at 200ohm, and its just staying at one for 2kohm from the black/yellow to the connection at the end of the plug

are you testing the wires going into the cdi here?
what colour wires?

the coil readings are high, but it also depends on the internal winding ratio the coils have been made at.
i would be guessing both coils are fine, all good.

maybe check the readings at the cdi
the blue/white stripe and the green at 200 Ohms on the meter
and the black/red stripe and the green, at 2000 Ohms on the meter

if either one reads 1 there is a bad connection or broken wire between the stator plug and the cdi

to test the individual wires, set the meter to 200 and put 1x lead to the blue/white on the stator end of your loom and the other lead off the meter to the cdi, it should read .5 or so

if you get a reading of 1 there, there is a broken wire or damaged terminal on one end ot the wire
test the green wire the same way then test the black/red stripe wire

let me know how you go

Last edited:
I am getting a one reading from the connector going to the cdi, from the green-blue/white, and green-red/black

the loom between the stator plug and the cdi is the problem
bad terminal connections or broken wire

alrighty I went out and re-checked and I am getting a one on both of those readings so I guess this would be the issue, how would I go about resolving this???

first up,
i would be checking the wiring as i have suggested above between the stator plug and cdi, just incase there is a broken wire.
if you find the green is broken, you can just run a new piece of wire there

either you could order a new china loom to suit your bike, and hope that it doesnt stuff up again.
think they cost about $6 for a new loom here
or you could go down to your local auto parts store and get an new plug/socket kit to suit 4 wires, just use a car style plug and socket.
or thirdly some spade terminals, male and females, and cut your old plugs off the loom and use the push in connectors there

then connect it up to the existing wires, cut the old plastic plug of the wiring, strip the insulation off the wires and solder the terminals to the wires if you can, if not crimp them well
do the same with the new plastic socket/s.
make sure you match the colours of the wires where the plug and socket connect

i think you have found the problem, and probably learnt something about electrics at the same time

Last edited:
I want to thank you so much, I will cut off the connector at the cdi end and take it to an auto parts store to get a new one, if they don't have it ill try radio shack, where I will also pick up a cheap solder gun. So its a problem with the connector??? no the wires

sorry go to do some work. will check in later
good luck

dont just cut the cdi connector off, it probably isnt an easy plug to find

im guessing it may be the plug and socket that join the bikes loom to the stator loom

use my last few posts to re test the wires and find the issue first

radio shack may sell replacement terminals for the plastic plug and sockets as well.
probably a better quality.
ask them to show you how to get the old terminals out of the plastic housings so you can replace them
it's easy enough to do

Last edited:
ok so your talking about the connector coming from the stator, to the connector going to the connector at the cdi. alright will test and see, hopefully I can replace the terminals and all will be good hahaha

yeah, now you're onto it.

lucky you didnt take your bike to the auto electricians
they probably would have bought fitted an new coil and cdi like you
then found they had no spark still,
so bought and fitted another stator, still no spark...
then worked out that the $6 loom is crap and replaced, repaired or remade that and got it going in the end,
your bill would have been $150 or more for parts and labour that wasnt needed.....

just because they couldnt be bothered checking the wires/terminals

live and learn
post your results too

and that little star with the green above it next to the yellow triangle on the rh top of each post is for rep points, click on it if i helped you out, lol
cheers, good luck

I will post a video tomorrow when I hopefully get it running, Im just going to replace the plug that plugs into the stator coming from the cdi, I'm not going to mess with trying to replace the terminals in the current one, might as well just replace it.

I will post a video when I get it running!

alrighty the harness has been replaced, I got it to start up and rev up, but stupid me had the gas turn off on the carb, so once it cools down ill go out and get it started up again!

ok, so its back to being stupid again, when I got it started earlier, I flipped the kill switch on and off and it turned on so I figured it was something in the kill switch wrong, so I cut the lines because there is no unplug on the bike and now its doing something different, ill take a vid later to show.......ughhhhh, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel

it will still run with the kill switch disconnected, dont let the 2x cut wires touch, insulate the ends with tape
you will need to unplug the stator plug or cdi plug to turn it off though.

sounds like you are close to getting it sorted,
if you need help, just ask

I'm gunna crack a beer for ya in celebration when ya get this puppy running.

hahaha^^^this thing has been trouble ever since I got it, Ill try again tomorrow, ill make some adjustments to the idle, and fuel and air screw and see what I can get. ugh hahahaha, Ill make a video of what its doing so you guys can give your two cents hahaha

Latest posts

Back