dhz bikes do 120kmph?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course the bike can do 120 if its geared up. but the manufactures dont say that. they quote most 140/150s top speed is 110. Which they dont. I could say my car can do a 8 sec quarter. (If i put a big block with nitrous in it)

You're talking about two totally different things ... Gearing a vehicle up to do a certain speed with the stock engine is totally different to fitting a bigger engine or supercharging it with nitrous to pull a quicker acceleration time ...

IF your mate's Pitpro 140 can only do 75 kph (46.6 mph) then either :

1) It's seriously under geared ...

2) It's seriously out of tune ...

3) OR your mate is grossly over weight ...

The power speed calculator says it only takes 3 hp to pull 341 lbs (75 kg bike w/ 80 kg rider) to 75 kph ...

10 HP which is what 140's are supposed to have will pull 1300 lbs (589.6 kgs) to 75 kph (46.6 mph) ...

It's more the HP figures that sellers are stating that's grossly inflated ... And most people are unaware of the power of 1 REAL horse ...

1 horse has enough power to haul its own weight plus a rider to 49 kph ... and some are even faster ...

I think they must have used a sick and starving , sedated horse ... or even a rocking horse when they came up with the 1HP figure to measure engine power with ...

[By contrast, a galloping thoroughbred racehorse (the fastest horse in the world) can reach a maximum speed of about 49km/h, or 13.6 metres/second for distances of over 1 mile (1.6km). A quarterhorse reaches speeds of about 50 mph (76km/h) over shorter distances (20 metres per second).]

Athletic Animals

He he he ... How right I was !!!!! I never read that link thoroughly ...

Here ya' go Dabomb ... something extra to add to bottom of your posts ... LOL ...

[The horsepower unit is an internationally recognised (*BS'd ~ cough ~ BS'd*) unit of power. It is defined as the power required to lift a weight of 75kg over a distance of 1 metre in one second. A real horse is actually 10-13 times as strong as this, so one horse does not equal one horsepower.]

So kiddies ... your pit bike is probably lucky to have 1 real horsepower ... A horse weighing between 840 to 1300lbs can run as fast as 55 mph ... with a rider on it's back ...

Horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The famed HP has been over stretched ... almost as much as the mythical 2 stroke "powerband" ...

The power speed calculator says it only takes 3 hp to pull 341 lbs (75 kg bike w/ 80 kg rider) to 75 kph ... 10 HP which is what 140's are supposed to have will pull 1300 lbs (589.6 kgs) to 75 kph (46.6 mph) ...[/QUOTE said:
just curious.. but does that take in consideration of of the added down force and air/wind resistance that would be creatted against the bikes fearings and the width of the riders body?

i dont doubt ur info, that a 3hp enginge could do 75kph but has anyone actually done it..

i got my motovert (modded 125) up to 100 to 120 kph in a coupe of kms of wide open dirt on friday in swan hill we got a video but my friend has it up in swan hill

i got my motovert (modded 125) up to 100 to 120 kph in a coupe of kms of wide open dirt on friday in swan hill we got a video but my friend has it up in swan hill

no u didn't...

if only feels like it because the bike and you are small..

Here ya' go Dabomb ... something extra to add to bottom of your posts ... LOL ...
The famed HP has been over stretched ... almost as much as the mythical 2 stroke "powerband" ...

2stroke.gif

Last edited:
The wording I meant to use is that there's no such thing as only 2 strokes having a "powerband" ...

That's not a 2 stroke powerband ... that's an expansion chamber supercharging the engine in the exact same way that a turbo charger would on a 4 stroke when it spools up and starts boosting ... The only difference is that the charge gets blown in through the mouth of a 4 stroke and not up the ass like it is in a 2 stroke ... LOL ...

Just watch how it works in SLO-MO ... and you'll see the pipe sucking in an extra cylinder full of charge when the piston is sitting still at BDC and no longer pulling in charge ... That's how they cheat over a normal 4 stroke or a normal 2 stroke ... Take the expansion chamber away and there goes the "band" ...

ALL engines have a powerband ...

Power band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dont u love forced air induction? especially in the a-nus.
if you didnt have a powerband then you wouldn't have power, some are just narrower than others :)

Latest posts

Back