dhz bikes do 120kmph?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but didnt James Watt also discover Radar by accident, thus allowing us (NOT THE FRIGGIN AMERICANS, NUMERICAL SUPERIORITY IS NOT "WINNING", nor is it sporting!!!) to win the war, beat the germans and stuff, so thus it is acceptable that he fudged a few figures??
if he didnt get royalties for fudging hp figures, and discovering radar, we'd all be riding friggin BMW X450's, which would truly suck...

Well the Chinese discovered an alternative use for recycled plastic , alloy cans , coal , waste red Aussie dirt that nobody else would have bought and helped us beat a recession ... so it should be OK for them to fudge the figures then ...

true, but did they have to build dirt bikes out of that stuff?? ha ha ha.
coincidentally as a result of this thread, the bling40 now puts out 28.25 hp... ha ha ha

IF the Chinese didn't make pit bikes we'd still be forking out a fortune to build one up out of a stock CRF50 and grossly over priced fancy brand name parts ...

Man ... a bit less than 2 real horsepower ...

A human can put out between 1.2 to 2.5 HP ... A horse can put out up to 14.9 HP ... In reverse ... 1 human power can = 1.5 to 2.5 HP ... 1 genuine real life horsepower can = up to 14.9 HP ... 1 hp is the power output of a horse taking it very , very easy ...

Horsepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a result of this thread my penis puts out close to 28hp :D

IF the Chinese didn't make pit bikes we'd still be forking out a fortune to build one up out of a stock CRF50 and grossly over priced fancy brand name parts ...

Man ... a bit less than 2 real horsepower ...

A human can put out between 1.2 to 2.5 HP ... A horse can put out up to 14.9 HP ... In reverse ... 1 human power can = 1.5 to 2.5 HP ... 1 genuine real life horsepower can = up to 14.9 HP ... 1 hp is the power output of a horse taking it very , very easy ...

Horsepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You both have very valid points.

so in theory, without James Watts, we'd be riding BMW X450's, speaking german, hp figures would be accurate, china pitbikes would only put out 6hp, but then in reality wouldnt exist as the japs were in cahootz with the germans in ww2, and would thus have created a monopoly on pitbikes so the only minis we'd have, would be overpriced CRF50's like Cactus said, and Dready would have a small penis....?? have i got all that right? ;)

I didn't see Dready's post before posting mine ...

Yep probably 99% of Miniriders members would be walking or riding BMX's with cards pegged to the frame and reading about modified CRF's in pit bike magazines ...

In short ... who cares what top speed a dirt bike will do ... as long as the frigger goes hard and is kept in tune then that's all that matters ...

Amen, Sir.

come to think of it, had James Watts not fudged the hp figures and discovered radar, i wouldnt have a shedful of china minis...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

Chinese bikes have single handedly converted thousands of otherwise non mechanically minded people into highly proficient mechanics ... thru frustration and despair driven necessity ...

you can throw all your calculators and equasions at ya pitbike all you want. i will beleive the person who has actually rode one at that speed. But you cant do 110 on a 140. who knows how their topspeed is calculated. i raced bikes for years and i know what 100kms feels like. and it definatly aint that. And again my car speedo is correct and i know for a fact my mates 140 was doin around 75-80.

you can throw all your calculators and equasions at ya pitbike all you want. i will beleive the person who has actually rode one at that speed. But you cant do 110 on a 140. who knows how their topspeed is calculated. i raced bikes for years and i know what 100kms feels like. and it definatly aint that. And again my car speedo is correct and i know for a fact my mates 140 was doin around 75-80.

hate to put you to shame but i got vids off it on my channel in youtube , if you want ill GPS a vid for you running down the m1 100kms in a 125 :eek:z50

i worked out the top speed a while a go with using gear ratios and wheel size, i forgot what sprocket sizes i used but the top speed was i think 73 kph at 7500 rpm.

hate to put you to shame but i got vids off it on my channel in youtube , if you want ill GPS a vid for you running down the m1 100kms in a 125 :eek:z50

mmmh...I got a policephoto showing me going downhill 100km/h on a bicycle...does that count??:rolleyes::p

ill film a speed run on the motovert on the weekend if ive got time.

I carry a GPS when riding in the bush and on my Ciniworx 125 with 15F/41R sprockets and a 10" rear it does 62 km/h absolutly tapped and valve bouncing!
It gets there in about 150 meters and easy too.
So Im guessing that with a few gearing changes it is possible.
I'll be putting the buke on a motard track soon and I'll be running 15F/34R and a 12" slick, will be interesting to see what speeds I can actually get out of it.

with stock gearing? no..
the point i was making was of course you can make it do 100 by changing gearing. you could make it do 150. But with stock gearing? majority says no. All i was after.

i worked out the top speed a while a go with using gear ratios and wheel size, i forgot what sprocket sizes i used but the top speed was i think 73 kph at 7500 rpm.
Thankyou!

Latest posts

Back