DNM or Fastace suspension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shreddin

Reaction score
If you had a choice between the best Fastace forks (AS-02) and Fastace shock (66RC) or the best DNM forks and shock which would you choose & why?

Ive sat on the on both Shocks And own the DNM And Would say that the DMN is a nicer shock to sit on, but they are both good... Depends if you want to go chinese or not really..

The DNM every time. The DNM forks are better than the fastace because they use tensile alloys throughout and have both compression dampening and rebound dampening on each leg as well as external preload adjustment. Fastace has a similar fork planned for future production but not yet. Same type of comparisons can be made with the shocks.

looking at repacing suspension on pitpro 138

Im looking at replacing my suspension as well can any one send me some links for the best place to purchase fastace shocks or DNM shocks !!!!
Cheers

Dnm

I asked the same question of Dom @ CityMotorbikes (He runs a nationwide race team of pitbikes) he recommended the DNM over the fastace. He said the Fastace look nice but the DNM is the one to go for & the kind of shocker that you take with you to the next bike if you upgrade. I went with his advice & found the DNM to be a kickass shocker allowing me to get around the track faster & jump further than my standard shock (which shit itself on the weekend) - go the DNM dude :D

Is this on your Motovert Motard bike?

I'm looking for a new suspension setup on my Pit Pro 125RR motard bike. I was thinking GENUINE FastACE as you get more adjustment compared to Marzocchi for the price. but, then I've now heard that DNM are good too. Haven't seen them around though. where do you guy from?

yea MotoVert Use DMN as their standard Rear shock on their Pro and Expert models, And I think the 125cc Model..

Mate its up to you really.. But Marzocchi and DMN are going to be the better shock.. Fast Ace are good, and May just have more ajustments, But Ajustments isnt quility.. And At the end of the Day Fast ace is Made in China Both DNM and Marzocchi Are European Companys.

My 2 cents ;)

I think you'll find DNM and Fastace are Taiwanese and both are top quality. I also heard Mojo is switching entirely to Tiawan forks and shocks and ditching the Zochs.

Fastace come in 2 flavours. Genuine taiwanese and then the chinese knock offs. The genuine are very good, the chinese are pretty average.

I don't know anything about DNM, but I do respect Dom @ CityMotorbikes opinion. He does know his stuff. He's a dirt/motoXer, not a road racer.

I've heard to get a set of Marzocchi's up to full spec with adjustability will be about 1200-1300 bucks. That's huge, but they say you will have a very good set of forks.

Fastace are about 700'ish for the same sort of setup. Genuine taiwanese Fastace and are surposed to be very good as well. Surposed to be the way to go as you'll save 500 odd bucks.

How much for a DNM front end then?

China fork copies are no more related to Fastace than a china frame could be considered a BBR version, so I wouldn't say they come in two flavours, only one, Fastace. DNM are very similar and only cost a fraction more. Fastace when setup correctly will feel as good as anything you have ever ridden.

Any fork can be custom valved and sprung to be a great ride for a particular rider, just that some require more work than others to do. The fastace are not hard to get to this stage. Zochs are a waste of money for the same if not lesser ride. Once again it is a case of a name influencing opinions. These forks and shocks are all originating from the extreme downhill bikes. So they are evolving to be lighter, stronger, with more travel and with complete adjustability. Some of the early shocks have a strength problem when adapted to the mini world and the forks have been getting fine tuned as well, but it is starting to get sorted now. I just got a new set of AS-02's and they are different from all other sets I have had. I personally have had a set of AS-03's and AS-02's in gen.1, gen.2, gen.3 and now I think gen.4. These new ones feel pretty good straight outa the box, better than any before, but we'll see when I get them dialed in.

I fully agree with you Mack.Gotta laugh at the Fatsace 03 factory adjustable Compression damping knob setup Dont you.We have a set of Fastace 03 forks on one of our test bikes and after changing fork oil viscosities and adding Compression valving/shims damping is about perfect for my 86kg weight.BUT The damn spring rates are another matter tho,They are miles too soft .I can almost bottom out the forks just preloading the suspension B4 hitting a jump face!!!.I havent had any success sourcing "Quality" fork springs as yet. Mack have you had a chance to compare spring rates and lenghts with other forks on the market ???

Cheers Brian

Well some are soft and some are too stiff. I have a set of generation 1 forks here that are firm enough for a sumo wrestler.
I haven't done much with the springs in these yet because they keep changing the setup with these generational changes. Best to wait and see if they get it right. Like I said before I just got the latest set of AS-02's and have them sitting in front of me now in a million pieces (well maybe only 10!).
They are about to get treated.

How can you tell if they are 03 or 02? I have had a fastace fork for about a year and bought another. The new one says as-02 but the old one doesnt. And also, how do you know about the generation? Thanks if anyone has any info.

... Mack have you had a chance to compare spring rates and lenghts with other forks on the market ???
Cheers Brian

The 2006 DNM forks have the same issue....therefore I switched one spring for a stiffer one and with my 102kg its about to be perfect.....I have the comparment right next...my son got some 2007 shivers(orig) and the DNM are quite as good:D

....I just got the latest set of AS-02's and have them sitting in front of me now in a million pieces (well maybe only 10!).
They are about to get treated.

well ..take some pics please and do a nice writeup:p ;)

I think you'll find DNM and Fastace are Taiwanese and both are top quality. I also heard Mojo is switching entirely to Tiawan forks and shocks and ditching the Zochs.

I heard this too Mack

Durant has a line on a new shock which apparently outspecs elka and is a third cheaper at $500

I'll let ya's know how it goes .:cool:

Latest posts

Back