DNM or Fastace suspension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard this too Mack

Durant has a line on a new shock which apparently outspecs elka and is a third cheaper at $500

I'll let ya's know how it goes .:cool:

do you have a pic or website??? cant find anything on google

..Durant has a line on a new shock which apparently outspecs elka and is a third cheaper at $500
QUOTE]

Yeah right ...and Pigs can fly!!:p

First
there is nothin wrong with the dnm in my sr ...but Durant is one hell of a rider/mechanic and he's FROTHING on this shock ...they got two more higher end models up to $12000 as well .

Secondly

Ha ye of little faith ...I'm gunna see it in the bike this arvo ...Durant has had it around a track and says it's the goods and I'll take his word for it.....

one thing for sure I'll have a link for you this arvo.

Watch the sky bruz those pigs are a comin .....:eek:

Ok I seen the shock this arvo but I wasn't supposed to be talkin bout em and got in the sh@t for postin about em in here.lol

So I'm sworn to secrecy till after the SX

Then I promise I'll post Durants number and drag him on to give the specs .

He's runnin it at the sx so anyone there can see it just flag me down ..:cool:

Nice shock though :cool:

You can buy Fast Ace AS-02's for $399 + postage and AS-01 RCP's for $450 + postage so who's got DNM forks at a decent price ??????? There's no point in raving on about DNM if the price is stacks higher .......

SUSPENSION

Last edited:
See thing is decent price ranges greatly to different people ... me I'd rather get good quality stuff even if it costs and get peace of mind with higher end gear ...
If I'm gunna risk breakin my neck I don't want equipment failure ....besides nothin like a few months of couch time to eat into those savings if you are unlucky when sh@t does fail.

Others feel better saving a few bucks and I can understand that and while I like saving dollars like anyone .... I don't look for savings before I look at what will do the job .... the dnm is doin the job.... Fast ace rears never have in my opinion ....well none that I've had ...

but thats all it is my opinion I just think ya get what ya pay for to a degree :cool:

I was actually referring to DNM forks .......... I can't see them being justified as selling for twice the price of Fast Ace forks ....... Time has shown that sellers bring out a new product with a fancy name at a grossly exaggerated price ....... then a little further on down the line you see the same product selling for one half to one third of the price when other fairer sellers see the opportunity to kick in and fill the void that the price mongers refuse to fill ...... then they whinge about getting the carpet ripped out from under their feet ....... :p

I remember when AS-02's were upwards of $1250 and even saw one Fast 50's shop who had them for over $1800 ...... :p

IF there was no such thing as ebay ....... I can guarantee you that Lifan 140's would be selling for $800 to $1000 .........

Last edited:
IF there was no such thing as ebay ....... I can guarantee you that Lifan 140's would be selling for $800 to $1000 .........

true words!!
But here in europe and in the states DNMs and Fastaces don´t differ that much ....and hands down a DNM right out the box is heaps better then a AS02
without a workover:p

i love my dnm's i run em front and rear and wouldn't have anything else
even to the point where i wouldn't take a set of zochi's if ya gave them to me

i love my dnm's i run em front and rear and wouldn't have anything else
even to the point where i wouldn't take a set of zochi's if ya gave them to me

me too mate ive tried zochis and the dnm are better,they have comp/rebound in both leg like a big bike.

I was actually referring to DNM forks .......... I can't see them being justified as selling for twice the price of Fast Ace forks ....... Time has shown that sellers bring out a new product with a fancy name at a grossly exaggerated price ....... then a little further on down the line you see the same product selling for one half to one third of the price when other fairer sellers see the opportunity to kick in and fill the void that the price mongers refuse to fill ...... then they whinge about getting the carpet ripped out from under their feet ....... :p

DREADY
OH you mean like $2,500 for a set of zochi mountain bike forks lol ... see I've owned both fast ace and dnm.. and I like coolmodee DO see the value ...and think having a better set up and having it go where ya point it is worth it .....Even if it costs more ...value is not just saving dollars... like anything the last 10% of speed costs more than all the rest put together and the faster or better you go the more it costs....So yeah a big call if ya just lookin at em ...if you've ridden both ?? well cool that's you're opinion but mine and most others that have will differ ... if you think about the rumours of vert changing from zochi to dnm it means at least some others in the industry think the same as me.....mmm that means the vert will be an MSOsr with a crap daychina motor...lol

Cactus Jack

Ok I'm not starting on this other to say our opinions differ here as well ... while you see an engine at the "right" price at 300 dollars ...I see a fat greedy bastard destroying the industry... it costs NOTHING to set up ebay so he has NO overheads ....

but that's not enough for this guy just wants to make coin and doesn't give a toss about the industy (fat jerk couldn't ride a bus )so he undercuts all the guys tryin to run a REAL business and screws em outta business ... do you think he's thinkin about those pesky little things like after sales service or research and development or supporting and co ordinating the local scene?? ofcourse not that's why we have so many ebay disasters come here for help He spends NOTHING on these things ...he doesn't think he should ...it'd cut into his profits .... and besides

Yeah we do it for him ....BECAUSE WE LOVE RIDING

So yeah mate I don't think 300 for an engine is a GOOD price ...sure it's cheap ...but in my opinion will cost us BIGTIMEin the long run .:cool:

Do DNM forks need much setting up to suit 85kgs and do'es anyone have a rough price on them.

Ok I'm not starting on this other to say our opinions differ here as well ... while you see an engine at the "right" price at 300 dollars ...I see a fat greedy bastard destroying the industry... it costs NOTHING to set up ebay so he has NO overheads ....

but that's not enough for this guy just wants to make coin and doesn't give a toss about the industy (fat jerk couldn't ride a bus )so he undercuts all the guys tryin to run a REAL business and screws em outta business ... do you think he's thinkin about those pesky little things like after sales service or research and development or supporting and co ordinating the local scene?? ofcourse not that's why we have so many ebay disasters come here for help He spends NOTHING on these things ...he doesn't think he should ...it'd cut into his profits .... and besides

Yeah we do it for him ....BECAUSE WE LOVE RIDING

So yeah mate I don't think 300 for an engine is a GOOD price ...sure it's cheap ...but in my opinion will cost us BIGTIMEin the long run .:cool:

Now I'm not having a go at you mate but just trying to decipher your opinion ....

So on the one hand you would have everyone believe that a higher price paid equals a higher quality part ..... and then you admit that the higher price is to fund a "social security" system for poor and unfortunate highly skilled expert pit bike enthusiasts ....

You think people should pay an involuntary DONATION for after sales service whether they'll be needing it or not ...... as well as employees wages ....

Wholesale cost + fortnightly dole payment + profit safety margin = final price ....... :p

I've seen a lot of ebay sellers and they are mostly people just trying to etch out a living without having to work 60 hours a week in a factory by giving people fair and affordable prices ........ :p

How you could consider anyone who sells items cheaply so that people who would otherwise not be able to afford to own a pit bike as being "greedy" is way beyond me .........

It's the people who make owning pit bikes cost more than it really should who are the greedy , selfish ones ......

They are kids bikes ....... why would you be dirty on people who want to make them affordable for ...... young people ....... who don't have a ton of money to spend ??????

One could also argue that cheap pitbikes may actually strengthen the local market. Get a cheap pitbike when your young and its all you can afford, grow up loving bikes and when you can afford one go get a nice honda/ yamaha/ suzuki/ husky/ aprilla/ ect ect

I know some of the people on here that have had and still have pitbikes that are waiting till they get there bike license so they can go get a good big bike.

I use pitbikes as a toy and also so I can get my friends into riding, not gonna give a learner a $6000 jap or euro bike to learn on are ya? but i'll give them a crack on my $1000 pitty

Not to mention that you need a helmet, gloves, boots, goggles, MX nylons/ road leathers.....

Now I'm not having a go at you mate but just trying to decipher your opinion ....

So on the one hand you would have everyone believe that a higher price paid equals a higher quality part ..... and then you admit that the higher price is to fund a "social security" system for poor and unfortunate highly skilled expert pit bike enthusiasts ....

You think people should pay an involuntary DONATION for after sales service whether they'll be needing it or not ...... as well as employees wages ....

Wholesale cost + fortnightly dole payment + profit safety margin = final price ....... :p

I've seen a lot of ebay sellers and they are mostly people just trying to etch out a living without having to work 60 hours a week in a factory by giving people fair and affordable prices ........ :p

How you could consider anyone who sells items cheaply so that people who would otherwise not be able to afford to own a pit bike as being "greedy" is way beyond me .........

It's the people who make owning pit bikes cost more than it really should who are the greedy , selfish ones ......

They are kids bikes ....... why would you be dirty on people who want to make them affordable for ...... young people ....... who don't have a ton of money to spend ??????

" So on the one hand you would have everyone believe that a higher price paid equals a higher quality part ..... and then you admit that the higher price is to fund a "social security" system for poor and unfortunate highly skilled expert pit bike enthusiasts "

D
Said nothing of the sort ... however YES AS A RULE most of the time more REAL quality means more money ... and no not social security .....as I said and seems you missed it

I think the EXTRA is worth it to have aftersales and someone who wants to know if something goes wrong....so no not charity ...

that's what the crew who come on here tryin to fix there ebay problems get is it not ??

" I've seen a lot of ebay sellers and they are mostly people just trying to etch out a living without having to work 60 hours a week in a factory by giving people fair and affordable prices ........ :p "

D
Yeah well I know two ebay sellers who have taking MILLIONS more than everyone else put together 5 times over they both porches and haven't touched a bike in years ...all business..... they've done NO real R and D besides stickin a pitbike subframe and plastics on a chinese ag bike for three years and don't look like startin anytime soon ....there offering at the brotherhood shootout was an embarrassment ...and most thought was unsafe .
Also if ebay sellers had any cred we wouldn't have 20 of there bikes on here a week when they fall apart......and the owner has nowhere to take em I'm not bullsh@ttin we all know This happens here ...like I said when was the last time someone whinged about an MSO.

Also ebay traders have not put ANYTHING BACK ...NOT ONCE .... THEY JUST DON'T SUPPORT THE SCENE .... everyone knows this and chooses to ignore it .....

one thing for sure find me someone doing something for the 50 scene .... anyone anywhere and ebay will have nothing to do with it .

" How you could consider anyone who sells items cheaply so that people who would otherwise not be able to afford to own a pit bike as being "greedy" is way beyond me ......... "

D
Because they are making WAAAY more and giving back NOTHING ...it's pretty simple if all the money goes OUT of the scene ...the scene dies .

Think I explained that ....all good we just have a different perspective on this ... think I understand yours but not sure if ya understand mine

All good mate don't think you were havin a go ...we'll agree to disagree shall we :p

LOL ....... Yeah I know who you're havin' a go at now ........ I've had plenty of goes at 'em myself ......... :p

I fully agree that MSO bikes are tops - no probe there :cool: All my bikes are based around the same type of parts .......... it's up to the buyer to do their research to get the best equipment at the right price ....... I'm not disputing that DNM forks or shocks work better than Fast Ace ..... just the price ......

Why don't shop sellers play the people who you are talking about at their own game by selling better equipment at prices that don't cause buyers butt cheeks to clamp tight ?????? ........ if they know that you can only make money by selling in volume via a method that allows buyers to name what price they can afford or WANT to afford , then there's no two ways to go about it ...... price the parts to get them moving ........ You're not going to sell expensive parts to people who can't afford it FULL STOP ........ why knock back a potential buyer and send him out of your shop with NOTHING when he could walk out with SOMETHING ...... as long as you get more for the item than it cost you .. then you are in business ......... they go away and tell a mate , then he comes to your shop and buys something and tells another mate and so on and you build up a rapport with your customers .......... It's better to make a million bucks profit from one hundred thousand customers who love you and think you're a good fair seller than to make it from two customers who after buying parts off you see cheaper prices elsewhere , get dirty on you , then tell everyone they meet to steer clear of you because you're a rip off or rogue ...... :p

The logics of most Aussie sellers are faulty ...... that's why most supermarket chains are owned by overseas companies or a few business people who planned ahead , and saw "the light" (even IF it meant selling at a loss for a while to get the show up and running) and are now basking in it's glorious warmth and brightness whereas the others are miserable and crying in the dark ...... :p

Aussie sellers won't let go of their rigid beliefs ........... THAT'S WHAT'S KILLING OUR INDUSTRY ........ it's either get with it or get left behind .........

Stop looking at your stock of parts and saying ...... "I HAVE to get X amount of profit on this item OR nothing " because chances are ...... that's what you'll end up getting ........ NOTHING .......

All good bruz I don't sell anything but my media skillz ...and the reason shop sellers can't take them on .... is they have no overheads .....
I hear you but in my opinion volume only works if ya look after your customers ... this is not happening on ebay the influx of problems here is all the proof you need .

What I'm sayin is it's so easy to get on ebay sell at a volume rate that leaves NOTHING for after sales or anything related to post sales and you'll sell bikes...lots of em.
So what happens to the dealer who IS factoring these costs ??? He can't possibly compete if he wants to continue to provide service ...any service ....this is where the overheads are and the reason he can't match the price ....he has rent ,wages ,research and development .

So like I said not sayin ebay aint cheap ...it is ...cheap as chips

It's just my opinion that it will end up costing us and our sport dearly as the money continues to flow out .

The more spent in ebay the less goes back to R and D .... the less aftersales .... less choice ....

Sure I hear ya less price ........ but I say less everything else as well.

Latest posts

Back