DNM or Fastace suspension

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem with that is the financial outlay
you make the choice as you open a business of which market you want to cator for
it is nearly impossible to cator for everyone
a motovert distributor more than likly wont sell you a part that suits an orion but will sell a higher quality equivelant at the recomended price
if that customer is unhappy with that then he will go else where
the motorvert distributor knows that guy will be back to get the good one sooner or later!!!!!

now in my industry just to cover my over head my minimum invoice value needs to be $40 this is not achievable
so the higher dollar customers make up for the little stuff

also i do take what dready said about the ebay sellers not puting anything back into the sport very seriously
a mate of mine greg from buzz bikes piles heaps on coin backinto the sport by means of event sponsorship, organizeing ride days, sponsoring riders and much more
i am yet to see atomik or orion do that sort of thing!!!!!!!!!!!! where's the luv

How can you tell if they are 03 or 02? I have had a fastace fork for about a year and bought another. The new one says as-02 but the old one doesnt. And also, how do you know about the generation? Thanks if anyone has any info.

The AS03 are a quite a different fork you would know if you had them. Look for the fake compression clicker on AS03's.

Quick generation 1 and 2 detection on the AS02's ...If you take the clicker knobs off you will see the AS01 has no vents in the tube caps whereas the AS02 and after have a series of vent holes drilled in the top caps.

OK ...... Has anyone compared DNM forks to the latest Fast Ace AS-01 RCP's ??????? And once again can somebody give a genuine price on a set of DNM's to back up their claims instead of all the cloak and dagger hype ....... :confused:

Thanks mate ...... I hope that price aint just for bare fork tubes ..... :eek:

OK ...... Has anyone compared DNM forks to the latest Fast Ace AS-01 RCP's ??????? And once again can somebody give a genuine price on a set of DNM's to back up their claims instead of all the cloak and dagger hype ....... :confused:

A set of DNM fork tubes from us is $580. A set of Fast Ace is $560.

As for the whole price and quality issue. I do believe price is directly realted to quality until it comes to "name brands". Doesnt matter what sport. You always pay more when it comes to "in style" or "name brand" or top of the line. You wanna ride harder? look cooler? Be faster? THEN BE PREPARED TO PAY MORE, or start fabricating you own parts and doing your own work.

One thing i think you guys are missing the point on is that were a specific target market, which globaly is actually very small. Like mentioned before, these are kids bikes, the whole sceen evoled from older guys like us taking kids bikes and building them up to support our fat asses and beating the piss outta them. Finally you can buy them stock "done up". The sports evolving and we need both the china bike and high end ones. There is a bike or part out there that is priced right for everyone to get involved. How involved one wants to get $ wise is up to them.

Sorry if i'm just restating anything previously posted above.

Spot on info ...... ;) That's basically what I was saying ....... and thanks for answering my question and showing that DNM are NOT worth much more than Fast Ace in reality ....... As soon as somebody offers a brand name part at a lower price ... the others try to claim that the parts they are selling are somehow mysteriously far superior ..... Some people simply want decent equipment without all the BS pretty stickers , inflated price , or racing hype attached to the part .......

The racing fraternity would have everyone paying $15,000 for a pit bike OR have nothing and walk if they could monopolize and control who sells what ....... chinese made bikes came about because of the above Gestapo like attitudes ...... :)

I'm a veteran of mini cycling and have seen it all before .... many times over ..... if not for prices being flexible ....... the big motorcycle companies would have kicked in and brought out killer pit bikes that would have wiped all the little guys out anyway ..... just like how they brought out two stroke 80's and wiped out the modified 4 stroke scene back in the '70's and 80's .........

Only this time they'd do it with CRF150R type horizontal engines ...... the only thing stopping them is that most people won't go near paying $7,000 for a pit bike .......

I have a fastace fork and a dnm shock on my crf50 and klx 110. The problem with the fastace on the klx110 is that it is a little too short. Does anyone know if dnm or fastace makes a fork specifically for the klx that would be taller? Thanks if anyone who has info.

DNM and fastace have two differnt sizes to fit 50´s and 110´s !!

is there a web site that you know of? i dont know if im just missing it or if its on a different website? i have looked on fastaces website and i didnt see any? thanks for the help

Fast Ace makes forks in 3 different lengths .... 645 mm / 700 mm / 730 mm ...

Go to "motocross part" then "before shock absorber" ..... :p

Fastace

Well you'd have to assume the AS-01 RCP's would be better since they have both rebound and compression damping on both legs plus they have externally adjustable spring preload on both legs so that you can easily set them up to suit your body weight ......

AS-02's are said to be too soft for heavier riders ......

Mack and others state that you have to pull the AS-02's apart to pack the springs with shims to reset the pre load if you're a heavy rider ......

I bought mine under the impression that the air pressure added the necessary pre load and added spring support :confused: ......

In the past , I've modified XR Honda forks by fitting air valves into the top caps ...... you need to also fit new seals to ensure there's no leaks ...... then you can run the stock spring and use air pressure to give an assisting boost to get them just right from stock feel to rock hard .. OR you can even TOTALLY remove the stock spring and use pure air pressure .... just like how cars , trucks or any other vehicle are held off the road and cushioned by their tyres ....

The only thing I didn't like about using pure air was that the forks clunked as they were forced to their max length and hit the stops .... but you could adjust them to any poundage ..... even to the point of being like solid steel bars ...... as you increased air pressure (spring tension) you'd have to use a higher weight fork oil to keep the damping rates the same ....... but Fast Ace forks have adjustable damping to get around that ......

I bought two sets of 645 mm AS-02's but haven't tried them yet since I'm still in the collecting and buying stage (5 bikes built from scratch) ..... I keep the parts new so that I can easily resell them to buy better parts as they come along in the meantime ...... I'm building 2 monster framed bikes now so I need the longer 700 to 730 forks and am trying to sort out the best forks to buy ... everyone is saying DNM are better so you'd have to go with that ........

But being no spring chicken when it comes to understanding all things mechanical and hydraulic ...... I'd say I'd be able to make ANYTHING work good upon tear down and inspection .......

Last edited:
The AS01 are much better in design and some materials than AS02's.

The floating piston design means the chamber pressure affects the rate the fork ramps up but not sag or preload or anything like that. It saves from hydrolic lock and also gives an adjustable progression to the dampning while also allowing the fork to take multiple small violent hits (like rutted ground)and have the air chamber damp these out quickly without the oil dampning system having to handle it alone and suffer from 'packing'

...there is no real limitation to how well you can set these forks up IMO. They use two springs so give you dual spring rate options, the valving can be changed, the oil weights and volumes changed, the clicker range and needles changed, air chamber volume and pressure changed and also the rebound springs changed.

Last edited:
It sounds like the AS-01 will be a very good fork. Can I buy the forks straight from fastace or do I need to order them somewhere else? I see the user log in, do i need to do this?

You must realise that the different lengths also give different travel...the dnm 645 long fork has 155mm of travel and the 695 long fork has 180mm. One inch less. I use every bit of that last inch!
I'd go for the longest fork every time and just run them up the clamps to set the correct rake. If you want taller setup for klx or similar make sure to get the step down triple clamps as well. Also frame selection plays important part. Have a look at how high the steering tube is compared to tank and seat on different frames.
The shorter 645-655 forks are ideal to be stiffened up and used on motard setup with flat triple clamps to get the front end lowered. If anyone wants to dispose of any short AS02's especially early generation 1 which are too firm for dirt let me know...

Ok SX was yesterday
spill the beans

Ok I seen the shock this arvo but I wasn't supposed to be talkin bout em and got in the sh@t for postin about em in here.lol

So I'm sworn to secrecy till after the SX

Then I promise I'll post Durants number and drag him on to give the specs .

He's runnin it at the sx so anyone there can see it just flag me down ..:cool:

Nice shock though :cool:

You must realise that the different lengths also give different travel...the dnm 645 long fork has 155mm of travel and the 695 long fork has 180mm. One inch less. I use every bit of that last inch!
I'd go for the longest fork every time and just run them up the clamps to set the correct rake. If you want taller setup for klx or similar make sure to get the step down triple clamps as well. Also frame selection plays important part. Have a look at how high the steering tube is compared to tank and seat on different frames.
The shorter 645-655 forks are ideal to be stiffened up and used on motard setup with flat triple clamps to get the front end lowered. If anyone wants to dispose of any short AS02's especially early generation 1 which are too firm for dirt let me know...

Thanks for that info Mack .... ;) :cool: AS01's look like they'll be the go ... 700's have 200 mm travel and the 730's have 210 mm .......

I used to run the AS-02, unti a spill over the bars to end to that. I just grabbed a set of Fox 40's off the truck and have been using them ever since. Great fork, I race DH on them and neither Peddly of Pitty have ever managed to put me off using them.
I liked the FastAce but didnt really perform like i expected. DNM have been around for a long long time in one shape or another...But I still go Fox for sure, kinda biased but hey whoever pays the bills to me keep riding gets my vote.

Latest posts

Back