DOHC on Daytona 125cc??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnman

Reaction score
Hey guys can you share your thoughts on this.

i have a daytona 125cc.

Can i put the daytona 150cc DOHC head on
and buy the 119cc 4valve 54mm piston?

will the piston height be correct or is there a reason
that the 119cc kit comes with a 52mm crank as the
125cc has the 54.5mm

what compression do you think this setup will run?
i think the 125cc has 9:1 which i was surprised at.
thought it would be more.

i thought this would be a good move for my tard as i
will probably eventually get the 150cc daytona but could
get some extra squirt out of the 125cc with the DOHC
head in the meantime.

i'd love to do it. should be a little rever.

Hi ,i think you will find the stud spacing is different between 125 and 150 are different, i cc'd a 125 daytona head and piston and got 10 : 1 comp ratio. If i were you i would just modify the 125 head ( ports , de-shroud the valves ,set up the squish, machine 1mm -1.5mm off the head to compensate for de-shrouding the valves and give a bit extra comp and finally get another cam as the std one has an unusual and not particually good profile. If you perform these mods in conjunction with a 28mm carb and a good exhaust system and with daytona's already great ignition system , i think you will have a little screamer on your hands or just buy a 150 and be done with it !
Hope this was useful ,psi z

Perfect Timing on bringing this thread up again.
I'll leave it to Grnman to let the Minirider world know.....

i think the combustion chamber on the 150 head would be too big for the 125 too

yes i think alot of dementions would be wrong... i know its probaly out of your price range and not what your asking but maybe a taki head?

dont worry about the price thats for sure i just want a killer engine that is legal for motard.
the 125cc motor is gone. i now have a daytona 150cc that has now had heaps done to it. currently it has
been stroked to 160cc, massive port work as you recommended 'psi z', daytona after market cam, genuine Keihin PE28mm carb and custom made exhaust.

but guess what..........

this all was not enough for me and funny that this thread has come up as my DOHC Kit has just arrive on Sunday.
This will now get a port job and ill try and install the kit whilst still keeping the stroker in.

keep us updated mate sounds very interesting....

you didnt buy any chance take the 150 strokered to a 160 to a dyno did you??

Nope because that is simply money i can spend on parts.

i am 20kg odd heavier than my riding buddy and i would pull much harder out of the corners than his stock yx160 with daytona ignition and OKO 26mm. it was a clear motor advantage on track. that is the only comparison i have.

i probably should do a product review of the DOHC kit once i have it installed.

i have ilittle info
i recently took a daytona 150 desrtoked it to a 125cc with a takki +r crank put the daytoan option cam, porting flatslide carb, and this thing flat out rips pulls harder than a 124 takki thats for sure ive got a 150 dohc and to be honest i think it revs harder, gee it goes hard best 125 ive built
and ny the way the 125cc daytona has the same stud pattern as the 150cc its the daytona 115cc that is the crf pattern,

where did u get the 160 crank bro or whos motor was it u bought

have fun
dhz

i have ilittle info
i recently took a daytona 150 desrtoked it to a 125cc with a takki +r crank put the daytoan option cam, porting flatslide carb, and this thing flat out rips pulls harder than a 124 takki thats for sure ive got a 150 dohc and to be honest i think it revs harder, gee it goes hard best 125 ive built
and ny the way the 125cc daytona has the same stud pattern as the 150cc its the daytona 115cc that is the crf pattern,

where did u get the 160 crank bro or whos motor was it u bought

have fun
dhz

is that the motor that you have in the pitster pro x2r

You can get the hi speed stroker cranks from Andy at Big50.com.au. you can get 2mm, 3mm, 4mm offset pins that come with conrod.

the extra torque from the strokers is great.

pitsterproAUS, can you give me any insight as to how the DOHC performs?
id love to know how my new gear is going to fly or not fly.

dont worry about the price thats for sure i just want a killer engine that is legal for motard.
the 125cc motor is gone. i now have a daytona 150cc that has now had heaps done to it. currently it has
been stroked to 160cc, massive port work as you recommended 'psi z', daytona after market cam, genuine Keihin PE28mm carb and custom made exhaust.

but guess what..........

this all was not enough for me and funny that this thread has come up as my DOHC Kit has just arrive on Sunday.
This will now get a port job and ill try and install the kit whilst still keeping the stroker in.

And yet the guy with the klx110 engine has to much money and cant compete .

lol sorry.

Someone mite be interested in your stock daytona head/cam setup , to wack on a lifan150.

i havent decided whether its worth selling the head with all the work its had done to it. ill probably have a spare genuine keihin PE28mm carb that i wont need as well.

Latest posts

Back