doing head, 54mm zongshen

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm i dont think it does, but ill recheck in morning b4 i ask about it,, thanks for all the help, if theres any thing else, ill repost up,, and ill post pics when done,,

well it would be if you had a lifan or yx, but ducars are next in line for being good engines.

what makes it hard too is that fact that all the good parts come from oversea's so really you only get one bite at ordering bits as most wont exchange

ducars??? its a zongshen?? are they the same ??? i have a 125cc ducar as well too :)

yer i know wat you mean with the good parts

oh its zonger... could of sworn you said ducar somewhere:eek:... i think the 54mm zongers shared pretty much the same sht as lifans....but anyways your on the right track regardless of the breed.

ill have to admit tho, i was a little put off when you said the valve size cause ducars had small valves i think...

ha ok yer, havnt seen the inside of lifan 54mm but probby the same,,

if what i bn tolled about the triangle thingy on head (ill show pic soon) thats a BVH too <-- the ducar 52mm

P060709_1608.jpg

ok got some new pics uploading atm, its got the cleaned head and lil port job, its not done yet, i jst have to sand it smooth, is that a good idea or jst leave it the way it is???

depends how rough the surface is... you want the surface to have at least an 80-120 grit finish.. the exhaust port you can polish

yer, will do that nxt, the manafold i have atm is only 24mm but i got another one thats 26mm ill jst give a lil sand and throw on,,

no, thats looks good....have you only done the inlet?

most power is made out of opening the exhaust port

heres one i did quickly the other day
the first pic is the exhaust port, notice i have taken it right out to the exhaust gasket
100_2499.jpg

100_2501.jpg

ok sweet, ill do the exhuast tommorm, and finsh up the intake one near the valve opening,

did you take out the bolts when doing exhuast, i cant get the bits in there without it hitting them,, or is there another way around this?

[
IMG_0722.jpg

what does every one think of that??? smooth up a bit more or jst leave it??

Don^t want to bust your bubble , but that looks horrible....the intake should have a ruff but equaly surface, the area aside the Valveguides should be smaller or not existend ...take a good look at sean^s pics;)...and read carefully again the http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/6959-porting.html?highlight=porting
thread, before you abuse the exhaust port;)..from the head as it is do not exspect any gains!!....I know, sounds harsh, but it is the reality

he's basically just cleaning the port wall sides up(de-burring it)...from the pictures he hasn't taken a great deal out.
and also this is obviously his first attempt, so from here on in he can only improve...

Latest posts

Back