First moto, ares99/orion27 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What rim is bent ?
I have had 2 people interested in that new rim, but both only wanted to pay $45, i said you wanted $65
It's straight/true again too btw

The rear rim on the bse frame, I noticed a buckle in it when I first got it home - took the tyre off today (reasonable tread Kenda Carlsbad) and noticed it has a lot

Will take a pic tomorrow
So take the rim off the market

Ok, is the BSE rim dented, or just buckled?
I could probably have a go straightening it while you're here next, takes roughly 1/2 hour if it's bad/wobbly.

Hard to describe (for me)
ReAmCUO.jpg

TPnk2K2.jpg

5BQ3xSr.jpg

yPcNpvk.jpg

4NrMryo.jpg

The edge to edge varies up to 5mm at some spots

Last edited:
With you photos that are uploaded to imgur, to save us all from having to open them up to see, then close them to come back here
right click on the picture you uploaded there and select copy url,
then when you post here select the Insert Image box (3rd from right) above the text box,
select from url, and then paste the url code into the pop up box and select ok,
it will show up like this then

ReAmCUO.jpg

yeah looks like it's got quite a few dents,
that new wheel you bought isn't as strong as the steel rim, but it is a bit lighter.

Carby arrived, a lot smaller than mine

20.7 v 24.7 Manifold side, 31.8 v 36.8 filter side

Got all my stem bearings (would not recommend seller tdpro99) - the top bearing cup (320/22) spins freely in the stem before assembly, is that normal??

Anddd I've forgotten how the washers were in the triples
PfyKb6F.jpg

Last edited:
Now the castle style nut has come apart from the rest on the BSE

Pitpro has a 320/22 cup on the bottom ... And 320/22 bearing

Last edited:
The 22mm carby is good for the 125's, and easy to adjust.

The bearings i don't know, did you order the correct ones for your bike ?
Did you check the part number against yours ?

Castle nut has come apart ?

Washers, the black one goes on top of the bearing, the chrome one on top of the tripples then the nut

I'll have to get another filter for the 22

I just ordered the 22/23.5 sets for both assuming they were the same (I hadn't taken the pitpro triples off)

q7OXjCy.jpg

B came off of A
Perhaps the bearing is sitting too high?
rfX9z87.jpg

So you're saying bearing > black washer > castle > triple > chrome > nut

Ordered castle nut kit and air filter from Braaap

And I got a FastAce BS-35AR coming from eBay

Would a nutsert/rivnut be good enough for the swingarm axle tension bolts?

Last edited:
If the castle nut has come off the cupped washer thats ok, it is only there to help stop dirt getting into your bearings.
It will still do the same thing if the tack weld's holding it together have broken.

Has the new Fastace shock you ordered got the same spring tension as your original one ?

Post up a pic of your tensioner, some don't even need threads in the swingarm like these.
15mm Chain Adjuster Tensioner 125cc 140 150cc PIT PRO Quad Trail Dirt Bike ATV | eBay
PIT Bike Trail PRO Alloy Chain Tensioner TO FIT 12mm Axle X 2 Choice OF 4 Colour | eBay
15mm Chain Tensioner Adjusters FIT 110cc 125cc Dirt PIT Bike ATV Scooter Silver | eBay

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9)BWBQYu2Fu1Ig~~60_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

I'd prefer a intact nut anyway - you do it up enough that the forks wont turn then back it off half a turn?
Still unsure if the black washer goes under the castle or on top

'New' fastace is 1000lb, not sure what rate the old thing is

It came with the block style
$_12.JPG

I'll grab a set of the second style

Now the 320/22 bearing that came off the bottom of stem is actually 23mm diam - which the stem is
Can you get a 320/23?

Yeah it could be the dirt/dust seal for the bottom, under the bearing.
Your pics have it all back together though, so i thought that it had one there already

The first pic with a/b is without any washers

This is done up as much as I can (again no washers/dust seals at all)
X5o0BVXl.jpg

The castle nut surround is sitting on the outer bearing race
VSmcgZAl.jpg

EDIT: managed to find an old pic of the stem together, black washer was above castle nut below triplle

Last edited:
OK, sorted that head stem out. Swapped top triple with the orions, used the pp castle and ditched the black washer

Can you get new shock mount parts that screw on the shock thread? I swear I've seen them before, cant remember where though - might be easier then pressing in a new bush

Shock bush's are normally easy, just use a couple of suitable size sockets and a vice

Shock bush's are normally easy, just use a couple of suitable size sockets and a vice

This one (the BSE 260mm) has been without rubber for a while it seems, the bush outer metal is almost embedded into the hole

Latest posts

Back