Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynamicgs

Reaction score
Hi All...
Have an Atomik Nitrous Mid Size 160 (CRF70 STYLE) and after 3 months of fairly easy riding the forks are crapping themselves...

Considering buying some aftermarket forks, but not sure which ones to go with..
Want to compile a list of the different forks that are popular, then I can go do some research and put down the best prices and where to get them etc...

Think this would be a handy thread, as I couldn't find anything with all the information compiled together...

FYI. Looking at the GPX forks from DHZ for $445.. Anyone got feedback on these forks?
Pros? Cons? Etc...

Thanks!

Heres the info I have so far from this thread...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPX BLACK LABEL - $445.00 FROM DHZ
Adjustable Rebound and Compression, Spring Pre-load, Also has Fork Pressure Release Screw
AL6061 T6 forged Aluminum Body, 33mm Aluminum 7075 lower fork tubes with Gold Anodized for Extra Strength
Black Anodized
Triple Tree to Fork base Length: 730mm
Weight 8.5kg

DNM HORNET - $300-$420
Inverted Gas/Oil Front Race Forks.
Adjustable rebound with hand clickers Fork guards with cable route
48mm Aluminum 7075 lower fork tubes with hard anodized for extra strength
650mm long tubes SurfaceTreatment Dark hard anodized.
Length 700mm
Stem 205mm
Accepts 15mm axles Fits almost all pit bikes.
Uses 51mm caliper mounting points

FASTACE AS-03 - BASE MODEL $240.00

Specifications:
Durable design
Aluminium AL6061-T6 construction
Air-to-Oil Shock Absorbtion
Externally adjustable rebound and compression dampening

Description:
A great introductory fork that has all the bang of the Bigger brother AS-01 for a fraction of the price. Smooth reboud and progressive compressions are what makes this fork a dream for OEM upgrades.

FASTACE AS-02 - INTERMEDIATE MODEL $380.00

Specifications:
Double-crown (forged)
Durable design
Rebound damping adjustment and Air presure adjustment on one side
Compression damping adjustment and Air pressure adjustment on the other
Oil damping with Internal Floating Piston and Internal Long Coil Spring on both sides
Service-friendly
C-to-C eyelet length: 700mm
Spring weight: 32 pounds
Stroke: 180mm
Package dimensions: 737x267x114mm

Description:
This dark, hard adonised shock absorber's body is made out of AL6061 T6 forged aluminum. Inside there is chromed 14mm steel alloy shaft

FASTACE As-01 - TOP MODEL $440.00

Specifications:
Durable design
Aluminium AL6061-T6 construction
Chrome Moly inner tube
Adjustable Compression, Rebound Dampening and Spring Pre-load in each leg
730mm Length
210mm Travel
38mm Fork Tube

Description:
The flagship of Fastace forks. What sets the AS-01 apart from the rest is the fact that each leg has rebound and compression adjustment. Heavier 68-pound springs give riders more control with less chance of bottoming out and if that's not enough, you can always adjust the pre-load to further stiffen or soften the ride.

Genuine Marzocchi Shiver - Around $1000 from DHZ

Adjustment Rebound and Compression, Spring Pre-load, Also has Fork Pressure Release Screw
Material Ø 35 mm Stanchion tube Stanchion tube with DLC coating
Surface Treatment Black Anodized
Triple Tree to Fork base Length 730mm
Weight 8.5kg

Marzocchi Chinese Copys - around$ 350.00 from Ebay
Dont know how good these are.... Anyone got them?

Last edited:
dunno bout the GPX but just tried out the DNM hornets on the weekend, very nice :) Adjustments work a treat too + they only set me back $300.00 to my door.

dunno bout the GPX but just tried out the DNM hornets on the weekend, very nice :) Adjustments work a treat too + they only set me back $300.00 to my door.

Glad your digging em man! Mine seem to be holding up nicely too, never really play with the adjustment as I just chuck em on the softest compression and fastest rebound and there sweet :D

had mine set at medium for both, but hitting the rocky terrain thet weren't too happy, but put them 2 off the softest compression an worked a treat :)

Another happy DNM owner here too. Soft work great on dirt and all up hard works even better on the tar.
Fork length changes in models and also i think there is black anodised legs and regular chromed.

the hornets and the gpx's will perform pretty much the same.. similar prices too depending where you buy them from..

id say they'd be ok.. but be careful as there is 2 listings on psto ebay. 1 with fork clamps and 1 without..

my westons crap on both the gpx and dnm's

get em from ciniworx but there gunna be much dearer

the real zochi's shiver 2's when set up right for me as a heavy bloke but again your gunna pay for it

pay for what ya get

i wish showa or ohlins made pitty forks mind you i'd be the only one that would pay the price

i wish showa or ohlins made pitty forks mind you i'd be the only one that would pay the price

Ohlins do make forks and shocks for pitty's and honda mini bikes. Was the equivalent of $1200 for 1 shock on a twin shock swinger and fork packages started at $3000 for crf 50's.
I have only seen these in Japan though.

id say they'd be ok.. but be careful as there is 2 listings on psto ebay. 1 with fork clamps and 1 without..

OK... I was thinkin I could just use the current clamps on the bike now...just replace the fork legs....
A mate got the GPX's and didnt use the clamps as they didnt fit correctly anyway...not sure if or why I needed to replace them....

Anyone riding on fastace AS-02 or AS-01's? Are these forks just as good, better, or worse than GPX or DNM Hornets? Found a pair on ebay for around 200... But not sure which model... Owner says fork leg length is 735mm, but they look like AS-02's which are supposed to be only 700mm...?

Attachments

• FASTACE.jpg
    FASTACE.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back