Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got all the parts to finish assembling a spare set of Hummer wheels - and now the only choice I have to make is which tyres to shod them with?

I'm thinking of these Bridgestone Enduro tyres:

HOT MC :: Products :: ENDURO COMPETITION

They seem to have a wide range of terrain application and that's always handy if you're travelling to somewhere new.

Anyone used these tyres and have feedback? - I was thinking maybe the ED 77 & 78 models.

sprockets

Hi everyone, on the weekend i fitted a bigger (55t) rear sprocket off a suzuki onto my tomahawk kx. To do this you will need..
A sprocket off a suzuki tf125 tf185 ts125, ts185 or similar. Look at this site. JT Sprockets: Catalogue
A welder (optional)
A drill
A set of drill bits
A steel ring roughly 7mm high and at least 40 mm across and about 1mm thick
An angle grinder or hacksaw
Patience

This mod doesnt take as long as you think...
First, lay the old sprocket over the suzuki one, till the holes dont meet up and the centre hole is even all the way round. (photos and diagrams tomorrow)
Put a few light welds around to keep both sprockets in place (or you can clamp them)
Find a drill bit large enough so if fits snugly into the old sprockets holes.
Drill out the 4 holes.
Put the sprocket onto the wheel with bolts in (if they fit. If not, file them with a chainsaw file to make sure they fit nicely and the sprocket is still centered)
If youve done this right then you should have an even space between the small ridges in the hub and the centre sprocket hole. You should cut the ring now, in one place and stretch it so it fits into the gap I just mentioned. It should fit nicely, if not try it with some other pieces of pipe etc.
Weld into place. While your at it, you should replace the stock bolts with higher tensile ones. Go to a bolt place or machining shop. The size is 10 x m1.5, which is 10 mm wide with 1.5 mm between threads. Make sure the shank on them is as wide as the thread. like this...

______
|___|
|___|
|___|
<__>
<__>

The > parts, on the tips, should be as wide a the | parts. This stops the bolts wearing like the stock ones because the thread is too easy to wear away. Im looking a putting a 520 sprocket set on as well...

An end note, the hummer/kx sprockets for the front measure, on the spline, 17mm across at the narrowest, 20mm at the widest, which makes the splines 1.5mm deep, and the splines are 4mm wide, with the holes 34mm between the centres. If you need help with the mods, please feel free to contact or reply to this message. Thanks, Ben.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Firstly - great thread! - just registered today, and after reading the first 21 pages and gather much usefull information, thought id cut to the chase instead of going through the remaining 40odd to get entirely up to speed.... so apologies if my Q has bee sasked previously.

I am looking at the ATOMIK Kuda PRO - the engine spec is a LONCIN? i havent heard this brand name on this post previously (not to say its not there)

Is the atomik kuda still the best way to go, are they compatible with the Bataycan upgrades?

Cheers

Hi Coops,

The Kuda Pro from Atomik was originally the same bike as the Hummer G4 from Dreamrider Inc and was a pure dirtbike with no lights, indicators or road going gear.

These were at first supplied with a Zongshen 250cc pushrod engine and later, an Ovehead Cam Zongshen 250cc engine was introduced.

Dreamrider has stopped selling the Hummer for the time being - but Atomik now offers this new model Kuda Pro, with road-going gear and a Loncin engine.

I don't know if this is the same basic bike - but much of the spec seems to have changed - whilst some components remain the same.

The Loncin is just another Chinese engine - and I believe Saturday Night Cycles offer some hot versions of the smaller Loncin engines - but not (as far as I know) hot model 250ccs.

As to how good this Loncin engine is I don't know. We have asked any new buyers of this bike to contribute to the thread - but so far have had no new postings.

Main differences for the New Kuda Pro would seem to include:
1. Locin Engine
2. Longer Wheelbase
3. Bigger gauge (520) chain
4. Updated frame (looks stronger and more refined at first glance)
5. Road going gear fitted (although bike is not registerable for the road)

In truth it looks to be a good buy - and if you buy one, we'd appreciate some feed-back to the thread.

Guys - I may be preaching to the converted, but I found this US site whilst searching for a chain tensioner:

Dirt bike Parts

Despite the name, they seem to have a huge supply of Chinese dirt bike and mini bike parts and are well worth a surf.

Yeah Link, another good site - and in Aus too!

Everyone used to say that spares were as rare as hen's teeth for China's - but these new online outlets are springing up everywhere and proving the critics wrong.

Hey guys
A few of my mate went to this place Louee Enduro and Motocross a couple of weeks ago and they said it was crazy! So we are all going up there in 3 weeks time should be good, it will be the hardest weekend of the old Kuda pro's life lol lets see how she stands up to it? i will keep you all informed.

The place looks cool Weeg - you gotta let us all know how it turns out.

Don't see myself trailering two bikes across the Nullabor though - a bit too far for a week-end ride!

Rear Shocker adjustments

Hi all,

Need to adjust the rear shocker on the Kuda pro as it kicks up over some jumps. Ive set up the rider/race sag ok. There are three screw adjustments. Two up the top, one being and aluminum ring around the secondary internal screw (for High & Low speed compression I believe), and one on the bottom mount which I assume is for rebound.

Do i screw "in" or screw "out" the bottom screw to slow the rebound? where is a good starting point for all these screw valves.

Regards
Rob

Valve clearance OHC Zongshen

Hi again,

Does any one have the Valve clearance figures for the Zongshen 250cc Over head cam motor.

Regards
Rob

Hi again,

Does any one have the Valve clearance figures for the Zongshen 250cc Over head cam motor.

Regards
Rob

On the pushrod engine, the gap is 0.05mm and I expect it will be the same for the OHC. I think Weeg has an OHC engine - so he might be kind enough to check his manual and just confirm that for us?

In any case, make sure you set the gap with the engine cold - as the gap will change when the engine warms up and this has all been allowed for in the setting.

Hi all,

Need to adjust the rear shocker on the Kuda pro as it kicks up over some jumps. Ive set up the rider/race sag ok. There are three screw adjustments. Two up the top, one being and aluminum ring around the secondary internal screw (for High & Low speed compression I believe), and one on the bottom mount which I assume is for rebound.

Do i screw "in" or screw "out" the bottom screw to slow the rebound? where is a good starting point for all these screw valves.

Regards
Rob

I have the older G4 pushrod Hummer - which has a slightly different shock to the new Kuda Pro. On my rear shock, the rebound adjusting screw is marked with + & - for clock and anticlockwise rotation. If the rear of your bike is bouncing back up too fast over bumps, you want to reduce the rebound, so turn the adjusting screw towards the minus ( - ) mark.

On mine the change in degree of rebound is noticable after only a small movement of the adjusting screw - so don't over-do it.

Pure Offroad Hummer/Kuda

If you're looking for a pure offroad version of the Hummer/Kuda Pro, I think this is one being offered by Cob & Co.

SDB ENDURO PRO DIRT BIKE 250cc MOTOR DIRTBIKE MOTORBIKE - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Nov-08 18:00:00 AEDST)

Although they call it the SDB Enduro, it looks to be the same specs as the air cooled Hummer/Kuda Pro we've all grown to love - and it's got a trick 7 litre tank (for them lucky folk that has the geography to ride).

What's the story with Atomik?

I went to view the Atomik site off my favorites list - and the message says this store does not exist on e-bay anymore!

Has the fall in the Aus $ closed them down on e-bay - or are they just taking a rest until better times?

Hummers are getting more difficult to source now. The only e-bay source is Cob & Co, with their SDB enduro - and who knows how long that will last! Could be the begnning of the end folks!!!!

Doesn't look like Atomik are coming back onto e-bay anytime soon.

The Cob & Co Hummers (SDB Enduro 250) are still available at around $1350 - but with the Aus$ now trading at around US$0.64 - that a pretty good price.

I can't see this market being sustainable at current prices for long - so I guess the advice is that if you're thinking of buying a new Hummer, you better do it now before prices go through the roof - or they are no longer offered for sale on e-bay!

Atomik still operates it's regular retail store - but prices fro the Kuda are now up around $1850 - so I guess that's an indication of what's to come!

Atomik are back on e-bay - sighs of relief all round I hear!

Guess at the end of the day you can sell a lot more bikes online than through a store - even if the margins are less.

Lets hope that the Hummer stays accessible!

Hey all!! Just pulled my KX outta the dust after being bogged down with work for ages and took it for a blast.. Checked it over, oil changing it tonight, everything seems to be in good order still! But today my brother, who has an Atomik ProX250 has a broken rear brake caliper and his front one is missing a bolt and so won't work properly.. We have a local import shop here in Wagga which sources all its stuff directly from atomik in melbourne (doing trips there and back every week for parts, etc) and because its an old model now, (after we bought it in february) the lady at the shop reckons parts will be VERY hard to get for the old model, unless they're the same as the new model's.. Now I know there's a law stating for cars that spare parts have to be made available 10 years after a car ceases production, is there anything like this applicable to china bikes!? Cause spares for these things are invaluable!
And also, dreamrider has no moties up for sale anymore, anyone know if he is still doing spare parts? Because I can't find anyone else on the net doing parts for the KX/G4 specifically.. Other than hotted up parts from saturdaynightcycles.. So I'm scared for the day that I may need something for mine! Or would sites like Link's and Rod's be sufficient..?

Cheers!!

Ben at Dreamrider has quite a few spare parts in stock for the Hummer - and I recently bought a set of brake disk rotors, spare wheels and a rear shock for my G4.

Like you, I was worried about how long parts would be kept in stock - so I bought spares for just about everything bar the engine.

The only problem is that nothing has broken and I could just about build a second bike with the parts! Then again I only paid peanuts for most of the items - so it's no big loss!

Unlike registered road bikes, the manufacturers of dirt bikes are not required to maintain spare parts for any length of time - so getting spare parts whilst they are available is a good idea.

I talked to Ben earlier this year and he said he was taking a rest from dirt bikes for a while. Whether he comes back onto the market though is anybody's guess. I think anybody who'll support the product with spare parts and offer bikes at a reasonable price will do well - but the Chinese are in a rush to catch up with Japan - so the turnover in new models is high.

I paid just over a grand for my bike - and if it lasts another year I recon I'm quids in. The New Kuda/Hummer looks to be pretty good, so I'll be happy to fork out another grand or so next year.

I paid just over a grand for my bike - and if it lasts another year I recon I'm quids in. The New Kuda/Hummer looks to be pretty good, so I'll be happy to fork out another grand or so next year.

Yeah same here, After a year or so's use outta these is well worth the small price tag I think, still a much cheaper way of having fun than buying a honda or whatnot!

Thanks for that info though, I may have to contact Ben for a thing here and there, but so far nothing has broken bar my clutch lever.. Seems a fair bit more durable than my poor brothers Atomik!

But yeah, hopefully he comes back with more bikes, if he's in it still with spares etc, he may be a good fella to have around! Can't after sales service.. Especially when help for these kinds of bikes can be scarce at motorbike shops..

Are there any spare parts that you would recommend grabbing while I can (or while anyone can) for the hummer that may be prone to need replacing after some use Rod??

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back