Honda CRF 50 or DHZ Outlaw 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finnius

Reaction score
Ok so I know the DHZ will obviously be faster and the crf is more expensive
I would be getting a second hand crf 50 (maybe 2013 and up model) and the DHZ would be brand new. Ive been told that the honda is better quality but the DHZ seems a much better deal and ive heard good reviews from them so im undecided. Ps looking to spend around 1400.
Cheers:)

jump on the crf50 man more reliable and funner I reckon better and wider range of parts available for them an you cant kill em ive tried haha a few mods to a stocker and itll go good as

dhz 150 will have way more power than a crf 50, if you change your oil often, check valve clearance's,check for loose bolts, the dhz will last!! Cheaper parts, better/longer travel suspension.......
All depends what you use it for/how often......

just my 2c worth. haha

Only gonna be riding on trails and dirt roads, not really any jumps so i'd prefer more power but this is my first bike so i have no experience maintaining one (it seems the DHZ will need more maintenance). From my needs, so far I gather that the dhz will be the better option. What would be the first mods i should do for a new dhz and a stock crf50. Cheers

Also if i wanted to make a stock crf50 faster by buying a new engine later on, what would be the best option for money and value wise and how much would i need to spend. Cheers

i personaly wouldn't buy a dhz... my brother bought one had problems and snapped the frame on it we do mostly jumping and track riding he had the dhz110
but the first mods for crf50 would be big bar kit, rear shock , footpeg mounts , uni filter if it don't already have one , get a better chain aswell and a plus 1" fork kit and later on get an 88 kit will deffinatly notice power difference

longer forks&swingarm then put a gpx110 or 125 high comp race engine in it!!

It will rip!

New gpx wont be much more than a tb 88 kit.

A 50 on trails can be very challenging. Without spending a lot on forks it is not great in the bush.

Is the DHZ you were looking at 10inch wheels or 12inch?

For bush riding you definitely want 12inch wheels minimum.

Might be better off looking at a CRF or KLX 110 but you will need to stretch the budget out to 2 grand.

Latest posts

Back