How should I wire up the Ignition Coil ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipobut

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got here a 124cc pit bike engine. I got it with separated ignition coil. My problem is, that I don't know how to wire the ignition coil to the cables coming out of the engine. Can you help me?

Thanks

hi, Welcome to Miniriders

The ignition coil doesn't connect to the wires coming from the engine but they do run up to the main loom.
The Ignition Coil connect's to one or two wires that come off the Main loom and CDI.
The Black w/Yellow stripe wire goes to the Positive of the coil
Then connect to the green wire to a spare green wire coming off the main loom, or an earth point.

drop in to our Introduce Yourself thread and say hello there too.

cheers, Craig

Okay, now I've got the cdi and main loom. Can you give me advice wiring it now? I hope I have now all missing parts to get it running.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I can't really see the wire colours that well, especially the ones coming from the Engine Stator

Yellow/w Black stripe on Main loom to Black w/Yellow on the Ignition Coil
Green to Green on the Ignition Coil
The extra Green on the Main Loom next to the Ignition Coil wire needs to have a Ring Terminal fitted to the end, and flnd somewhere clean to eart it to on the frame (bare metal a spot with sandpaper, and smear some grease on it.)
Same thing with the Ignition Coil mount, clean up the rust on the Coil bracket first, and bare metal the tab that it mounts to (smear with grease to help stop it rusting)

Black w/Red from the Stator goes to Red w/White on Main Loom
Blue w/White from Stator to Blue w/White on Main Loom
Green from Stator to Green from Main Loom

the Yellow, and the White wires coming from the Engine Stator can just be taped back to the Stator Loom as theywon't be needed, they are for charging a battery and or running headlights lights

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back