how to reinforce / brace your frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another problem with crf50's is the motor mount bolt's they come with are significately smaller(1mm i think from memory) than the actual motor mount's on the motor there for causing the motor to move in the frame even when the bolts are done up tight. best thing to do is change the bolts to the correct size

damn I wish I knew this before I ripped the top mount of my engine mount off , you can see how much free play the bolt has through the mount , its crazy.

Kids , please for god's sake get a bloody cradle on your frame and get the top mount bolt sorted. Keep that bastard tight too!

""Edited. Links SUCK. direct embedding IS the way of the future""

well, i seee nothing! just a box with an "X" innit!

so ima gunna say just this....

it is a real prick of a job trying to cut 40mm round tubing lengthwise accurately. without any fancy equipment (or clamps, or straight edges, etc etc :p)

from now on im gunna be a cheap prick n just use 35x35mm angle iron :)

Don't try to cut right thru the metal in one go ... Mark a line along the length then groove it lightly all the way along with a cut off disc in a grinder trying to keep it as straight as possible ... Then go over it going a little bit deeper each time ...

You can also Vise Grip a length of straight rod or angle iron along the length to use as a guide to keep the disc cutting straight ...

Doing things that way stops the cut going off course ... Being able to hold the grinder rigid without tiring also helps ...

Last edited:
damn I wish I knew this before I ripped the top mount of my engine mount off , you can see how much free play the bolt has through the mount , its crazy.

Kids , please for god's sake get a bloody cradle on your frame and get the top mount bolt sorted. Keep that bastard tight too!

shimm it with a piece beercan wraped around the bolt ...works a treat

It's so funny you have the "skilled welders" that paid so much money to go to school and get paid the big bucks ,get so mad that someone who just picked up that trade/bought a welder and self leaened, can do it better for cheaper and learn more at the same time.

Latest posts

Back