Inner Rotor Kit......HELP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyG

Reaction score
Hi all,

The next upgrade I plan to do to my Thumpstar TS-E 125cc pit bike is to install an inner rotor kit. I know little to nothing about them other then what youtube has taught me. Has anyone installed one on their 125 before? Can anyone recommend a good kit to buy? Is it worth it?!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Also new pictures of my bike will be up shortly.

My advise with the inner rotor kit is, unless you are buying a decent brand kit like Kitaco ($284) or Takegawa ($500) etc, don't buy one.
They can prematurely fail, the magnets in the alloy flywheel can let go and wreck the stator coil.
And some of the cheap ones aren't balanced properly, this can cause vibrations through the crankshaft , or even worse your crankshaft can break.

This Lightweight Fywheel/Stator kit is a straight swap over to your bike, and will connect to your wiring/cdi without any modifications.
no lighting coil- PIT Bike Thumpster Trail PRO 6 Coil Magneto Stator Rotor Lifan YX140 XY150 XY160 | eBay
with lighting coil- 6 Coil Magneto Stator With Magneto Rotor FIT FOR Lifan 140 150cc Engine | eBay

You could replace your stator with one of the adjustable timing Daytona 125/Lifan 150 Outer Rotor kits, that will help you bike rev a bit faster
It will need some machining to work on your engine though, so an extra $20
Performance Racing Magneto Stator Rotor KIT Dirt Bike LF Lifan 140 150cc CDI | eBay
this thread explains what's needed to be machined.
http://www.miniriders.com/electrica...-z155ho-z160ho-etc.html?highlight=outer+rotor

Or swap your stator with this GPX stator, but you'll need the loom and cdi to go with it as well.
the CDI unit is a lot better than the standard pit bike ones.
GPX Loom/Harnesss ($13)[/URL]
GPX CDI ($20)

Last edited:
Appreciate the information man, very useful. Though I do notice most of the parts you listed are not for 125cc engines. Should I just look for comparable 125 parts?

All those parts i linked will fit
The GPX stators are used in the GPX125 engines.

Do not install an Inner Rotor kit. You will regret it. They suck.

Care to elaborate motorman? What exactly sucks about them?

One other thing buddy, I'm looking to install an oil cooler on my bike, though it looks like my bike isn't made for one, can't find any oil lines at all. Any ideas? Is there a way I could fit an oil cooler?

Nick is right
They sound cool sitting on the stand , but you will spend more time kicking the thing over from stalling all the time
I don't know 1 person that has liked the inner rotor after using one

Thank you heaps brother, really appreciate the knowledge.

When you have such a light fly wheel it makes it a lot harder to hook the back wheel up.

I must admit I wasn't running linkage when I had mine but even with it I think it would have struggled.

Yes the thing will rev to the moon and quickly but you loose all your torque. It does not make the bike any faster. Makes it ride like a 2 stroke without the power ban.

Latest posts

Back