Inner rotor kit!? Opinions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I buy a outer rotor kit like the gpx Has on eBay and put it on my lifan? Or is no good for it like the inner ones?

Last edited:
Cheers, I'll be gettin one :) can it be adjusted on a lifan 125 though? Because there's only one sort of space where that receiver thingo Can sit inside of, and it looks like its adjusted by moving that receiver thing..

Last edited:
And will I have to set the valve clearences at a different spot to work with the alterd timing ? Or same as all ways

just checking your bike isn't electric start is it ? cause it won't work with electric start engines

and do you have a flywheel puller ? you will need it to remove the flywheel so you can swap the stator plates

both stators use the same valve clearances,
the adjustable outer rotor flywheel pickup sits in a different spot to the stock 125 stators' pick up.
it is just a bolt on conversion.

valve clearances stay the same, The adjustable stator plate is the part you moove (similar to the others but with a groove in the two bolt holes for the altered timing.

Valve clearances are there only so when the valve is at operating temp the stretch and heat is accounted for so it is not held open

No it's a kickstart :)
cheers all makes sense now, and this will get more revs that the stock one?

Has anyone done this before though? And I don't have a flywheel puller i just use two flat head screw drivers to get it off and a spanner to jam it up to crack lock nut loose .. Worked every time so I haven't bought one

And will the case still fit on ? And what do you mean by its one up from the gpx? Is it better?

Are they worth it for the money ? I can only find complete sets like the one you've showed me but there like 105$

Also. On my brothers lifan 125 the stator is broken ( the receiver thing ) so we black siliconed it back on its regular position, if we put it in the same spot that 150 magneto has its receiver thing would it get more revs?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it's better than the GPX stator set up.

no don't go trying to remove the flywheel with 2 screwdrivers etc, you could easily damage your stator.
the correct puller for it is only $20 for a good one.

what about the Stator kit i linked in the above post, buy that ?
this one- Electrics CDI Coil Stator Kill Switch Lifan Dirt PIT Bike 110 125 CC 140 150 | eBay

yeah the stock L/H side cover will fit straight over the outer rotor kit.

no it wont rev more, but it'll rev quicker, and it has adjustable timing too, and will last a lot longer than a standard one.

the 125 stator or pickup cant be mounted any other way,
if you move it to the front bottom where the outer rotor one is, it'll throw the timing waaaayyy out !

Last edited:
I knw it can't be as is, but this nes broken? Wouldn't the 150 throw the timing off to? Same thing as far as I know.. And two drives hasn't faild me yet/ damaged anything so I'll be right for a puller mate, waste of money imo anyway.. Yea rev quicker cuz it's lighter right? But dosnt changing the timing give ou more torque or revs? That's wat it says anyway.. And I would but that listing has ended.. Is there the same product relisted? Ifsoi couldn't find it lol

Cheers ay

Last edited:
message and ask Michaelray on ebay, and see when the next lot are coming in maybe ?

no, the 150 outer rotor flywheel has the little pickup tab in a different position to the 125 flywheel in relation to the key way on the crankshaft.
so the timing will fire at the correct time, eg; when it is coming up to TDC

ok it is up to you then with the puller,
i have done quite a few stator's on different engines and none of the flywheels have come off easy....
i would be worried if they did come off easy too !
so i won't recommend the way you are doing it.

changing the timing can give you more power down low, or up high depends on whether you advance it or retard it

yeah, it has less mass so the engine can rev quicker.

i have just fitted one to my Z155Ho too

this stator is off a Z155hO/Z150Ho and will bolt straight onto your engine, but doesn't come with the loom or CDI that are needed to use it -
Zongshen 160HO Stator Plate AND Magneto Flywheel KIT DHZ PIT PRO DMX GPX 125 | eBay

these are is for YX150/YX160's and have a light flywheel,
you could use that if you want, and keep/use your loom coil and cdi.
but they aren't adjustable, and don't use the good CDI
PIT Bike Thumpster Trail PRO 6 Coil Magneto Stator Rotor Lifan YX140 XY150 XY160 | eBay
6 Coil Magneto Stator With Magneto Rotor FIT FOR YX 140 150 160cc Engine | eBay

I just don't see how it wouldn't work the same if I fuked the pickup on the stock stator in the same spot ? They defently don't come off easily.

here is a pic of a 125 Flywheel and a YX Flwheel/Stator, note the key way is on the opposite side to the pickup on the flywheel.

[
images

this pic is of a Lifan 150/Daytona adjustable outer rotor flywheel, it shows the key way in a different spot to the 2 flywheels above
this allows the pickup on the stator plate to be in the lower/forward position when it's fitted to the engine.

$(KGrHqR,!pIFHyDeSeyrBS!0y,KfmQ~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome makes sense now, cheers ay

Will I need to do anything with my carb after its on? Or should it be okay the way it is with the stock flywheel on

you might need to adjust the mixture screw, and possibly the idle speed afterwards, just to get it running nice with the new ignition

Latest posts

Back