Jakes first TDR chinga....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake.7410

Reaction score
hey guys... brand new to the forum so i thought id get myself out there and post up my bike.... here it is... a TDR 110cc.... nothing special and dont know much about bikes (this being my first) but here are some photos of it! so far all i have done is take off the sticker kit (i like clean look bikes) and changed the oil.... hahaha let me know of some ideas and things i should do to my new baby :)

good little bikes i had one drove it in to dam pulled it out started straight up lol
i would weld the battery box up as i went over a jump to look down and find my battery scraping along the ground lol
pretty good bike for the cash

haha, yea weld the battery bracket, or reinforce it too loop around the frame just a bove it. i wud chuck a UNI filter on it, u may wanna measure ur carb aifilter diametre, so it fits
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/unifilter-28mm-angle/AI-04.28
later down the track u might wanna make it go faster, but i'd stick with the cosmetic things, to make it easier to ride on first. start by replacing the fork oil. u may want soft, so go 10-15weight oil, u m,ay wanna go stiff so go 20-25weight oil. it all depends on ur weight. and u'll probably end up bending/stuffing the seal in ur rear shock, so buy a nice DNM one. some ppl like fastace, some dont. all personal pref. and did those pro tapers come with it? if so good score mate, there good bars! great job on gettin ur bike mate, and welcome to miniriders!

welcome to MR Jake, thats a nice little machine although the pro tapers look like the replica kind to me.

nice first bike,
they look great when newish, especially black ones...

keep it clean, maintained etc, and when you are ready to upgrade you should still get good $$ for it.

i think it may just have a Pro Taper bar pad ?
that old oil looks pretty dirty !

if you replace the fork oil, i'd use the standard weight oil, SAE 5,
i think the oil that would be in the forks now, the chinese guys make their own ??
get some of this gear
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...orcycle-Fork-Oil-SAE5-1-Litre.aspx?pid=155520

I wouldn't even bother welding the battery box, i'd ditch it its dead weight, these things are so easy to kick over, the only people who actually need it are kids

good little bikes i had one drove it in to dam pulled it out started straight up lol
i would weld the battery box up as i went over a jump to look down and find my battery scraping along the ground lol
pretty good bike for the cash

hahaha ill get on that today then! thankyou for your reply!

haha, yea weld the battery bracket, or reinforce it too loop around the frame just a bove it. i wud chuck a UNI filter on it, u may wanna measure ur carb aifilter diametre, so it fits
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/unifilter-28mm-angle/AI-04.28
later down the track u might wanna make it go faster, but i'd stick with the cosmetic things, to make it easier to ride on first. start by replacing the fork oil. u may want soft, so go 10-15weight oil, u m,ay wanna go stiff so go 20-25weight oil. it all depends on ur weight. and u'll probably end up bending/stuffing the seal in ur rear shock, so buy a nice DNM one. some ppl like fastace, some dont. all personal pref. and did those pro tapers come with it? if so good score mate, there good bars! great job on gettin ur bike mate, and welcome to miniriders!

thanks so so much for all this info man!! exactly what i needed to know! as its my first bike i know nothing at all about them hahahaha.... so thanks again for all that

I wouldn't even bother welding the battery box, i'd ditch it its dead weight, these things are so easy to kick over, the only people who actually need it are kids

only problem is i wanna rec reg it so i can take it to the buh when i go up.... im a bush rider guy... rather that over a track hahaha

nice first bike,
they look great when newish, especially black ones...

keep it clean, maintained etc, and when you are ready to upgrade you should still get good $$ for it.

i think it may just have a Pro Taper bar pad ?
that old oil looks pretty dirty !

if you replace the fork oil, i'd use the standard weight oil, SAE 5,
i think the oil that would be in the forks now, the chinese guys make their own ??
get some of this gear
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...orcycle-Fork-Oil-SAE5-1-Litre.aspx?pid=155520

welcome to MR Jake, thats a nice little machine although the pro tapers look like the replica kind to me.

yeah i think its just a pro taper pad.... had all sorts off cool stickers like one industry and suzuki and other names like that... but i took em all off hahahah with the fork oil is it essential to do strait away? cause im a bit low on cash at the moment but i still wanna ride it... will it be okay?

dont worry about it mate. this is wat miniriders is about. helping people out. good luck on ur bike mate, and have fun on the little beast :)

as for fork oil mate, it will be ok fort a few rides, but u'll need to change it as soon as possible. but the main thing u have 2 change is the engine oil, which is wat u did so yea. but the stock oil will make ur fork action pretty harsh, so ur arms will thankyou in the long run if u change the oil now.

as for fork oil mate, it will be ok fort a few rides, but u'll need to change it as soon as possible. but the main thing u have 2 change is the engine oil, which is wat u did so yea. but the stock oil will make ur fork action pretty harsh, so ur arms will thankyou in the long run if u change the oil now.

yeah mate ill get on that next pay hahaha is there any specific oil types i should be getting?

okay guys so went out with some mates to parwan today... rough track for my first ride hahaha but all in all i had a great day and the bike is still alive so thats a good thing! could anyone help me out with post ride maintance... what i should look for after the first ride, what i should be checking?

okay so heres the bike after today, was really nice to get it in some dirt hahaha! also just some questions....

1: what is this bit around the air filter for? does it need to stay on?

2: should this piece of sheet metal be so close to this bolt? (its the rear swing arm bolt)

3: are any of these air filters good looking?

ps. You're never too big for a pit bike (goggles and pants and boots ill get when my pay comes in hahaha)

bikes looking got anymore pictures ? of you riding ?

nah thats the only picture of me on it.... cause the other guys were riding too, but i think next weekend my mate is coming down with me so ill get him to take some :)

The airfilter over filter is pretty much to keep the mudd off the inner filter...

that filter is not likley to last long and you should oil it to get proper filtration
foxico airfilter as pictured makes me want to yell at them a bit for putting it on any bike.. they are terrible design you cant wash them and they end up separating at the back allowing unfiltered air into the motor

the only filter you want is a genuine uni filter and some oil for it and you will have no issues with it
the current one you have are not glued very well (the foam to the rubber) and usually separated there.
yeah they are $30 dollars is too much for a bit of foam and rubber but it will save you getting one rip in the airfilter and riding/while riding and needing new rings and a hone..
also yes the oil is quite important and i would not run without it.. for ease you can buy a spray can of the stuff or you can buy a tub of it and rub it in by hand like i do (look out if you get a metal one i would put the oil in a old coke bottle because mine split and went everywhere)

the chain guard should wrap around the swingarm, you can pick these up off ebay

hey mate good to see it dirty

1. you have whats known as a duel stage air filter so the big bit on the outside will filter big particles of dirt and then any fine particles which get past that are captured buy the inside bit

2. that does look unusual to me, is it attached to the frame? more photos

3. probly better off with a unifilter and some good foam filter oil, the cheap air filters just dont cut it
http://www.dhz.com.au/shop/air-filter/25

and i like track suit pants to

if you can afford it go for a Uni Filter, it will last you a while
iirc the carby is a 35mm, the closest Uni is a 35mm
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/unifilter-35mm-angle/AI-04.35
and this is the filter oil i use on mine, doesn't need to be put on too thick
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...oam-Air-Filter-Oil-300g.aspx?pid=155525#Cross

where the back of the L/H stator cover is close on that bolt,
if you want you could trim it back a bit to stop it touching.
use an angle grinder with a 1mm thick cutting disc then file the edges back smooth
or use a hacksaw then file
there are 2 or 3 8mm headed bolts that hold the cover on.

the coarser outer air filter cover is to stop the big bits of dirt/dust etc
the inner is for the finer stuff.
you could buy some Air Filter Oil from Supercheap etc and give it a spray, this helps to trap the dirt before it enters the carby
i ran my old pitbike without the coarser outer cover

and the Uni Filter doesn't have an outer filter on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back