Jialing 125 upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good, does that cylinder have 1 hole on the l/h side or 2x like the YX/Z engines

i hope you ordered a gasket set too ?

Not sure what you mean by 2 holes?
psztiop9XA-YKZ4Rnux54qUIU43O4C2lTjR2uMCnmbM=w421-h572-no

and no i didn't order the gaskets (thought it may of come with them :( ) what are your thoughts on re-using the old ones with some gasket goo?

Last edited:
i just wondered if it were a Lifan style or YX style cylinder.

you should/might get away with the base gasket possibly ?
i reckon that the head gasket will be too small though ?
might need a Lifan 150 head gasket, or Lifan 150 gasket set ?

After looking around for a bit i had a look back in the box to get some measurements, turns out the gaskets are included LOL as far as getting repacement gaskets though i reckon the Lifan 150 should suit. These are the ones it came with
IMAG0999.jpg

I'm guessing the 2 base gaskets in case i want to decomp a touch, also i'm not sure how well the new dome piston will fit considering it is replaceing a flat top. Hopefully find out soon :)

fit the new piston to the rod, minus rings is they're not on.
lube the bore with some oil,
slip the cylinder on,
put some balls of blue tack or similar on the valve cutouts in the piston,
set the engine to tdc,
refit the head and cam chain, then turn it over by hand (make sure the spark plug is out)

fit the new piston to the rod, minus rings is they're not on.
lube the bore with some oil,
slip the cylinder on,
put some balls of blue tack or similar on the valve cutouts in the piston,
set the engine to tdc,
refit the head and cam chain, then turn it over by hand (make sure the spark plug is out)

Exactly what i was thinking, except plasticine ;) Great minds hey??

haha,
i didn't think you might of had plasticine at your place, but hey, each to their own, :lol:

i guess bluetac might need some glad wrap on one side to stop it from sticking to the piston and valves anyway

Last edited:
Well i forgot to get plasticine (or blutac) from town, but i put in all in place with no bolts holding it except the cam sprocket ones, and turned it over with my hand, and the head moved....not much but it was certainly tapping so it looks like the 2 base gaskets are a must have, so i put them both in and tried again and it's all good :) Now to find my gasket goo and get it all in place properly.

Well i forgot to get plasticine (or blutac) from town, but i put in all in place with no bolts holding it except the cam sprocket ones, and turned it over with my hand, and the head moved....not much but it was certainly tapping so it looks like the 2 base gaskets are a must have, so i put them both in and tried again and it's all good :) Now to find my gasket goo and get it all in place properly.
Atleast then you know you have atleast one gasket worth of clearance :p
Pretty sure you can use solder also as it squishes nice and easy and then measure it with a set of verniers..

note this may also affect your camchain tension (positively if its a little loose)

Latest posts

Back