KTM 85cc Motard build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh ok are u planning on getting a pipe for it cos i race a mx ktm 85 and it made heaps of difference

yeah i noticed you had a HGS pipe. they are about $365 and FMF are $170 and Scalvani are $695. maybe you can bring your HGS to the track or the VIC titles and i can try it out for a session.

thaats what i was thinking we found it was hard to make a desion before trying them i also have a FMF muffeer we would sell

Updated pics for everyone.

do you think we could uses a KTM125 rear spring in these Ringo? i saw a 5.2kg on ebay and i imagine they are longer which should be a good thing. just have to check the diameter of them.

Like you say check the diameter, even if they are long the preload collar thread goes all the way to the top of the shock.

KTM do a:
215-35
215-40
215-45

I'm running the 215-40 and I'm 60-65 kg and it could go "a tad" harder, for you weight mate I think looking elsewhere is the only option!!! The 125 spring might just do it!!

if i find another one then your can use my current one which is heavier than all of those.

dave mate where have you been when will i see the 85 go will you ride it at dandy before wornable cause your doing that yea? and would you have the muffler clamp for that muffller and header i brought off you i gave it back to you before i brought the exhaust cause it was on the bike when i got it

I just bought a house so my priorities have changed. probably wont ride the VIC's now. the KTM is going good but its just sitting in the garage now. i need the suspension done to make it more fun to ride. im thinking of getting a 600cc track bike to ride at the moment for some real fun!

congratulations on the house!
the 600 sports bike is gunna cost way more than the 85 ?

Not too bad when you by a bike that is already setup with Ohlins suspension, stands, tyre warmers and the like. Then all you need is much more costly tyres every 4 or so track days and much more costly Phillip Island track fees. Crashing costs will be another story.

Ok so i have been working hard in the workshop today on the Mill and Lath and have managed to get my head around fitting a Yamaha R1 shock to the KTM. here it is. it feels so much better and i think i am on a winner. i mounted it more vertical to give it a little more travel as the bike does not weigh as much as a R1. Worked out really well, not to mention how good the clicker adjustments feel. The shock is about 1/3 lighter than the motocross WP as well. (i added back most of that weight is steel though)

KTM-Ohlins001.jpg
KTM-Ohlins002.jpg
KTM-Ohlins003.jpg

So does this mean that your going to pull your finger out and get your arse down to Warrnie for the Titles? or is that skirt still getting caught in the chain mister!!

More play time ringo. ive had a hack at the seat to get my weight closer to the ground and make the big KTM feel like a little KTM. i put those wider bars on same as your as well so my arms get less fatigued.

20111208_205907.jpg
20111208_205945.jpg

Nice Grnman,

What did you use to cut it out? A hack saw blade or something??

Time to get PMT's!!!! At least on the front??

yep hack saw then im smoothing it out with a file. i still have to round the edges off as well. someone will have to upholster it for me. what color cover should i get?

yeah PMT's are the easy bit, if i get spare money im going to put it into the front forks. Then i can think of anything else my bike would need.

Have any of you guys with these KTM's put a tape measure over them?? They look extremely long bikes and I bet you might just get a shock (pardon the pun) when you check it against the regs.

Hey Pinky,

In china class (5A) there is a cap (1250mm) on wheelbase, in Open class (5B) there is no cap on wheelbase, to the best of my knowledge.

Latest posts

Back