KTM 85cc Motard build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive only got mine to 9,700 rpm in the short time ive ridden it. so its got alot more left. i must have been shifting at about 8,500 when i first rode it.

i dont know if you've got it but you can get a magnetic pickup for the speedo on the Acewell. i put one on my big motard.

Something for you grnman ( same in vid) :

12062011470.jpg

12062011469.jpg

12062011468.jpg

12062011467.jpg

12062011466.jpg

Yeah my acewell kit has the speedo pickup! Plus water temp, tacho, and records max speed, max revs and a few other things that you can check at the end of a session to help with gearing!!

Man!!! That bike above has some chunky forks Mr Mo!!! Got me thinking about a cheap set of 125gp forks but it will be a tarmac bike only after that!!!

ive only got mine to 9,700 rpm in the short time ive ridden it. so its got alot more left. i must have been shifting at about 8,500 when i first rode it.

i dont know if you've got it but you can get a magnetic pickup for the speedo on the Acewell. i put one on my big motard.

my moriwaki revs to 14-15 and thats with stock igntion and flywheel u can get ignition kits for them that are like a inerrotor ps i just brought a moriwaki 250 they do the isact same times a superstock 600 at broadford

wow man, a 15yr old kid on a 250 is crazy. is it a single or twin 250 like the RGV 250? that is going to be so much fun. sounds like a whole new learning curve engine and riding wise going from a 80cc to 250cc.

Even if you could get the ktm to rev to 14-15 I would be even more worried about the fragile big end than I am now!!! I believe it though, I've built 50cc engines that rev to nearly 19,000 rpm so 15k should be easy......... Just before the big end goes pop!!! :)

wow man, a 15yr old kid on a 250 is crazy. is it a single or twin 250 like the RGV 250? that is going to be so much fun. sounds like a whole new learning curve engine and riding wise going from a 80cc to 250cc.

Umh your phone must of went flat give dad a ring or he will ring u tomoz Umh Moriwaki 250 its a 2009 rs 125 with a crf250 motor they beat most super stock 600s there fast as **** I'll be racing that next year very expensive little bikes and 14 yr old 50kgs aha

MAAAAANNNN....... I just spent the whole day stalking a YZ250 2 stroker on the 85SX!!!! What an awesome machine.... Sooooo much fun!!! Front brake held up!!! Need harder front springs and a bit more bite in the front brakes but other than that she's sweeeeeet!!!!!

Action pics to come, knee dragin!!!!

that sounds amazing!!! i told you the big bikes would be in trouble. your face must be sore from smiling. how did you like the CST slicks. not a bad choice for $60 a pop hey. i think you run a 3.0Nm front spring as stock and the hardest i have sourced is a 4.0Nm plus a few more preload spacers. that will cost you $120 plus about $70 postage i think.

how much more room is there on them to move around compared to your other pitbike. big ****pit hey.

is it quicker that the Elites around the track?

Yeah will investigate springs???? Have you found any preload adjusters that fit in the top of the fork, I was so disappointed when I went looking for the preload adjustment only to find it didn't have any????

Wasn't anyone lap timing but it would be very close..... The 14/49 was pretty much perfect gearing for this track!!!! Just starting to peak 6th at 2 points around the track!!

Yeah, front fender looks like a forelock on the bodybuilder. Everything else is sweet!

The front brakes are nearly there. still waiting on the KTM 125/200/250/300/450 caliper to arrive which should bolt straight onto the mounts. its going to be a killer setup when its done. you could not fit a bigger disc than this. not even 5mm bigger.

Then i think a YZ85 or CR85 brake line would be the correct length and have the right size bango bolt for it. i think the master cylinder only has to be 12mm piston or above.

KTM85001.jpg
KTM85003.jpg

check out the port difference between the KTM and my scooter barrel.....

KTM85007.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back