Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky_191

Reaction score
Hi all. I got this second hand motor for my new project bike but the wiring looks strange to me. There is two sets of wires coming from the engine and I don't know what they do.

I have looked around but can't find out exactly what they are and what they do and if I can just chop them out so this loom is simple and easy to fix. And the guy I got all the parts off just dropped the rest of the bits off with what looks like the rest of the loom all cut up and butchered :/

Pics for a reference

CDI wires

1966739_10201453559533280_141041596_n.jpg

Coming out of this strange thing :/

1383091_10201453559773286_637505528_n.jpg

and the stator wires

1606884_10201453559973291_971323819_n.jpg

I haven't seen it done like this before as I have only had ducar engines. There is a few strange things to me on this new bike so i'm still learning.

Thanks guys.

Just found out with some help from rotn50 that the CDI box is connected to what is left of the loom for a digital dash display or for a neutral and reverse lights telling you what gear your in.

It stumped me when that cdi box was on that connector and the guy I got it off was like " yeah I had it running ". So it shouldn't be that hard to fix. ( famous last words ) and I will make up a simple loom so it's easy to fix and problem solve.

I will post here when i'm done :)

the 2 yellows are for the lighting/charging, you can just tape them up if you want

the pink on the cdi connects to the black w/red on the stator
the blue w/red stripe connects to the kill switch
the green w/black stripe goes to an earth on the frame/engine and the stator green
the red connects to the blue w/white stripe on the stator
and the green connects to the + side of the coil

and yeah, the wiring coming from above the front sprocket is for a gear indicator
i fitted one to my Fuse, pics in my build thread

Hi. I re wired it. There wasn't the right plug for a CDI box with the right colours so I took all the pins out and changed them around.

I wired it up but still no spark. I think it might be from the way it's grounded or the coil i'm using. I had one from my peewee and I think it works on a 125cc but i'm not sure. I might just take the one off my other bike and try it.

Also the guy I got these parts off said the CDI was broken but he also said it was running with the cdi box plugged into the other loom... I was going to try my other cdi box but the plug is different.

Thanks for reading

Latest posts

Back