Massive week of racing in Victoria [NOV]

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ringo

Certified MR Member
Reaction score
Ok, after much heartache, bloodshed and emails back and forth, an amazing week of minimoto and minimotard racing is now lined up in Victoria for November.

WEEKEND 1:
VICTORIAN STATE TITLES/INTERSTATE CHALLENGE
11-13 November, 2011
Warrnambool, SWMMC Inc.

WEEKEND 2:
ASBK Australian Superbike Championship [Rd 8]
18-20 November, 2011
Phillip Island Kart Track, ASBK.

After many emails back and forward to ASBK (Australian Superbikes) I have finally brokered a deal for minimoto and mini-motard to be included at the last round of the Australian Superbike Championship at Phillip Island on November 18-20. The Supermoto’s were already included as a support event on the kart track, so I jumped at the opportunity to be a support class for the support class…. This is one of the greatest opportunities for exposure our sport can get with MASSIVE crowds making the pilgrimage to watch the superbikes on the big circuit at Phillip Island. Unfortunately due to the tight program for the event it will only be open to Senior riders for open minimoto and minimotard.

So…. If you lot are up to it, the weekend of the 11-13th November in Warrnambool for the Vic Titles and then head over to Phillip Island for a massive event with the Australian Superbike Championship the weekend after 18-20th November.

As more information becomes available I’ll let you all know, start booking your leave!!!

Top work Ringo organising everything. What a massive event this will be for minimotard.

Every person with a motard needs to jump at this opportunity!! A good precense this year can secure the events for future years.

Be great to see a writeup with a few pics of the racing action. :)

Anyone who rode at Phillip Island in March will tell you it is one awesome track!!! As soon as I saw the big tards were going under the ASBK umbrella and the opportunity to ride on the same kart track again, I started knockin on ASBK's door!!

I still can't believe I pulled it off!!! Big thanks to ASBK for saying yes and SWMMC for licensing the track in the first place!!!

wow this is going to be awsome so there will be junior 140cc and then senior 160cc?

wow this is going to be awsome so there will be junior 140cc and then senior 160cc?

Nah mate, senior 50cc elite minimoto and senior open minimotard.

There is the possibility of dirt because the big motards are, but it will have to go to a minirider vote I suppose, I'm pretty impartial but if guy's won't show because of dirt I'd be more inclined to dump it.

if guy's won't show because of dirt I'd be more inclined to dump it.

Pussies

well done ringo
i probably wont ride but i'll surely endevor to come for a look see and wave the minimoto flag for sure

get on it boys

I have the only mini-motard in Perth ATM, so my training regime is compiled of track days with 450's!!! That should help the lap times LOLOLOL

you get a pretty good view of turn 1 and the southern loop when your at the kart track on the hill, so it will be the place to be to see mini tards, tards and SBK all from the one advantage point.

if you dont do the same track
lap times wont compare
my vote goes to dirt
maybe mix it up dirt and no dirt racing
everyone half happy

As I said I'm easy either way, dirt section and compare with supermoto's or tarmac only and shootout with the minimoto's for a new outright mini lap record!!!

I now have to work out hire van, shipping of the bike, plane flights and accommodation!!! :cursing::cursing: $$$$$$$$

Nice work mate!! Unfortunately I can't get down this year cause I got no money, but cueing up mini motard in support of ASBK is a great idea, maybe it can be incorporated in more rounds?

good luck motard16
the kart cicuit is a great mini track
and will be tight on the full motards
im still keen
but have a bit on the plate atm
$$$\time short

Here's the ASBK schedule ballpark guys:

Saturday
- 1 practice (6min),
- 2 qualifying (6 & 7 min respectively)
- 2 races (10 laps)

Sunday
- 1 practice - 6min
- 3 races (10 laps)

you can take my white or blue one if needed

I sighted first draft of the supp regs late last week and they look great!!

Being ASBK, the supp regs had a few small thing I had not seen before, like electrical tagging of electrical equipment i.e. gen sets, but as soon as they are finalized I'll be sure to let you all know!!

ROLL ON NOVEMBER!!!!!

Latest posts

Back