Massive week of racing in Victoria [NOV]

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Few Pics.... As there were professional Photographers there most of the Pictures are Copywritten. Karen Giblins Photo's can be found here in a couple of days and the Standard Newspaper Photo's can be viewed here and searching for mini motorcross. Other Photo's can be found on the Tracknroadracing Facebook page.
Here are a few of me to give you an idea....
Crash1 Turn 6.JPG
Motard Turn7.JPG
Motard Turn9.JPG
Elite turn9.JPG

Supermoto/Minimoto/Minimotard (subject to change)

Saturday – Start 3.00pm

Practice 1 Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins
Practice 1 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Practice 2 Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins

Break

Practice 2 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Practice 3 Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins
Practice 3 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Qualifying 1 Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins
Qualifying 1 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins

Sunday – Start 9.15am

Warm Up Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins
Warm Up Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Qualifying 2 Minimoto/Minimotard 7 mins
Qualifying 2 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Race 1 Minimoto/Minimotard 10 mins
Race 1 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Race 2 Minimoto/Minimotard 10 mins
Race 2 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Race 3 Minimoto/Minimotard 10 mins
Race 3 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins
Race 4 Minimoto/Minimotard 10 mins
Race 4 Supermoto S1 & S2 10 mins

the event could have been great but was very poorly organised by IEG (the asbk promoter).

the event could have been great but was very poorly organised by IEG (the asbk promoter).

Yeah, they did it hard, but with only 8 people to set up and run the weekend across all three tracks and trying to run everything on time and with limited track use as there were kart bookings, it is hard work, specially when they are mostly volunteers but they did alright.
Although, they seriously had no clue when it came to the 'Chicane' a few airfence blocks would have done the job better and most of the delays came from only having 1 steward trying to get around to all tracks after any change and incedent to give it the go ahead to continue racing.

Maybe we can get a few more guys to sign up and get thier officials licence so they can help out and make things easier. I had the job of Race Secretary the week before at our State Titles and let me tell you... it is hard work tryign to get results, grids and answering weveryones questions and beefs. Plus trying to Ride.
The level 1 Officals licence is easy. 25 multipul choice questions and then then send the form in marked with which position you would like (marshal, flaggie, race secretary, clerk of course) and your SCB will send you your Officials licence. Oh and its free! and then you can volunteer for three days at the Island when MotoGP is on and get closer to the action than anyone else!

Does that mean ill get to ride the broadford come and try day if im a licensed official? sounds good to me, im going to sign up and try and give back to the sport i love.

I will note though, the 2T is bullsh!t fast in a straight line, but suffers with handling issues under brakes and round corners...... for now. But once the front end is sorted, (Iwont but a time value on it) it will be hard for a thumper to stick with it.
Example of power, I was coming out of the sweeper pinned in 4th carring about 5km/h more corner speed than the 2t, once stright the 2t pulled about 1 1/2 bike lengths in about 3 seconds befpre we had to brake for the corner.

Barnes has got it, the bike is very healthy down the straight!! The biggest problem I've got is making an 11" front end work on tarmac!! I've added fork oil to get the travel down to about 8" but it's still too much. The bike handles fine in the corners where you brake in and gas out, but the flip flops at "the bool" or the partial throttle corners is where it loses out. I've got some work to do to the front end and she will be very competitive, if I can modify the front end to about 4" travel it will be a completely different bike to ride I'm sure!!!

What an awesome week, had a ball racing bikes my own size.... sort of!! Really looking forward to Gladders now to see you lot all again and go 1 or 2 better!!!!

Thanks SWMMC and ASBK for an amazing week of racing!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back