Massive week of racing in Victoria [NOV]

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well actually it is still bigger than that but a stock filter should cover up that not so secret mod. im still behind in tuning my bike spot on let alone starting to play with the Vortex 10x ignition.

hey i just thought Ringo, you can try my old shock or just the spring if you like in your bike. ill bring it to Dandy.

All we need is your FMF pipe, Sava's, and tyre warmers on my bike, then you are in with a chance to beat Barnes.

I very interested to see how much quicker your engine is to mine, the rest is elementary!! I'm pretty happy with my chassis set up.... now!! I might buy that spring off you though??
Ahh, bike racing is 80% between the ears anyway!! We'll see. ;)

Wait until you feel the R1 shock in my bike now. it might change your mind. on paper my engine should be quicker but i think the tuning will be absorbing a fair bit of power at the moment until i am confident with the 2 stroke not exploding.

$185 for an annual Senior Resitricted licence and $15 for the First Time licence fee and will have to complete the 30 question test. And we can do all of this on the day. Plus you will need to be a member of the Club Which is $30 annually.

ok so does he just has to pay $15 for the first time licence and sign up on the day to the club and do his entry forms and he will be able to ride

ok so does he just has to pay $15 for the first time licence and sign up on the day to the club and do his entry forms and he will be able to ride

For Seniors
Senior Entry - $84
MV Rider Levy - $11
Senior Restricted Licence - $185
First Time Licence Fee - $15
Senior Club Membership - $30
= $325

For Juniors
Junior Entry - $64
MV Rider Levy - $11
Junior Restricted Licence - $85.50
First Time Licence Fee - $15
Junior Club Membership - $20
= $195.50

Remember if your going to apply for an Annual licence your will need a copy of your birth certificate so we can send it off to MV for you.

But if you are already a member and have a licence all you have to pay is the Entry fee and Rider levy.

Anyone thinking of riding at Phillip Island get your skates on, entries close on Friday and the man on the ground at ASBK is starting to wonder where you all are!!! It's an awesome track just ask anyone who was at this year's titles!! Plus the chance of racing in front of the biggest crowds we have ever got to "any" event!!!

One day/event licenses available people, get onto it, entries close Friday!!!

This is one awesome track 1/5th scale replica of the Phillip Island main circuit!!

Senior open minimoto and senior open minimotards all welcome!!

Supp Regs Here:
http://www.fluidpr.com.au/asbk/2011_ASBK_Minimoto_Minimotard_Supp_Regs_Final_28Sep11.pdf

And some teasers of the track,
bottom left:
piwhole.jpg

Looking at it from the east:
pieast.jpg

Got a sneak peak of Ringo on his KTM last night before we got drowned by the storms.
That KTM looks and sounds quick, I think a few of us in 4 strokes are going to be in a bit of trouble in a straight line....... But theres nothing a nicely placed bike mid corner can't fix so the 2t comes out in the wrong gear:fencing:

good luck to all the riders and may the best man win !
Photos and results please !

I'll head out with camera now, see how i go uploading them via iphone conection :) KTM is WAAAY fast, very impressive !

Going to be a fantastic weekend.

Perfect day for it. and another day to come, and another wednesday ride to come and another weekend at the Aus superbikes round to come before some of you guys head home.

Until I get all the Official Results up tonight. Here is a run down of the Motard Classes

Junior Motard:
1st - Tristan Harmer
2nd - Jack Hilli
3rd - Luke Davies

Senior Motard
1st - Billy Sayers
2nd - David Barnes
3rd -Beau 'Ringo' Erickson
4th - Pete Matthews
5th - Jake Sandlands
6th - Brett Wilkinson
7th - Tim Leighton
8th - Austin Barnes

Barnes, have you done much to your bike since PI?

Was ringo a close second or close fourth??

With myself and funk out the 2t seems to have filled that spot.

Barnes, have you done much to your bike since PI?

Was ringo a close second or close fourth??

With myself and funk out the 2t seems to have filled that spot.

Not anything major, just a fresh piston and rings, new tyres, spark plug and new coil, but all were replaced with what was on there. I was closer to Billy this time but he has far superior race craft than me and a stack in the first race put me on the back foot for the whole weekend.
Billy and I were close up the front, then Ringo a lonely 3rd although he did beat Billy in one race, then Pete and Jake were a very close 4th and 5th only sepparated by 1 point in the end.

I will note though, the 2T is bullsh!t fast in a straight line, but suffers with handling issues under brakes and round corners...... for now. But once the front end is sorted, (Iwont but a time value on it) it will be hard for a thumper to stick with it.
Example of power, I was coming out of the sweeper pinned in 4th carring about 5km/h more corner speed than the 2t, once stright the 2t pulled about 1 1/2 bike lengths in about 3 seconds befpre we had to brake for the corner.

The 2011 Vic State titles were a great sucess with riders form Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne making the trip down to Warrnambool. The Weather played its part in providing perfect racing conditions across the 3 days which allowed some close battles that were sorted out in the last centimetres before the chequered flag. The weekend also saw a number of spills on some fast corners but all are okay. In both Junior and Senior Motard and Senior Elite , the Current National Champions managed to keep thier Titles in tact and also pick up the State Title.
There were a number of Media personnell that Turned up to take an array of photo's which are available on facebook, The Standard newspaper and Karen Giblin websites.
Results are below

Attachments

• Superpole Qualifying.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Class1 Jnr CAG.pdf
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Class 1 Snr CAG.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Class 2 Jnr Com.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Class 2 Snr Com.pdf
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Class 4 Jnr Elite.pdf
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • Class 4 Snr Elite.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Class 5 Jnr Motard.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Class 5 Snr Motard.pdf
    13.4 KB · Views: 10
Get some pics up here guys!!

Your promoting next years and you have no pics so people can see what they are missing out on!! :)

A full list of results would be great as well.

Latest posts

Back