Mini Motard in Wollongong

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
On the weekend Saturday 17th August I heard there was going to be a round of a mini motard series being held at Wollongong City Raceway, so I went over to check it out to find there was one race with pocket bikes and not a single mini motard to be seen in sight!

I'm about to complete a motard build in the next couple weeks and I have a good mate doing the same and 2 other guys really keen to do the same as we already have the bikes it's just case of buying some rims and tyres.

I'm looking for anyone in the Wollongong or Illawarra area that would be interested in starting up a series during the daylight savings period, so something like once a month for 6 months (being 6 rounds of racing) and one practice night a week or less maybe to start with.

My aim is to try and have 10 people ready to start up something with us by the start of Daylight savings.

The current costs involved are $100 for the licence (valid 1 year) and $40 for a practice session between 9am and 8pm but I would most likely try book the track for a closed practice session for mini motarders from like 4pm - 8pm on tuesday nights or something. The current cost of racing there is $75 but that's during an already organised race meet and will have to talk with the guys over at WCR about that for having our own series.

So can I get some interest in here and hopefully get a good thing going and remember numbers attract numbers so don't wait for other people to get involved, just jump into it and before you know it we will have a great turn out.

The mini scene is really struggling at the moment mate.
Seems there is more people keen to get stuff organised than there is people willing to participate.
Well done on having a go at sparking some interest. I wish you well with it and will watch this thread closely.

if i get off my fat arse and fix my bike i'll come down to the gong for some motard madness. i need bark busters etc dont i?

im sure bar ends will do?
bbusters are way better for leaning on
its a bit far for me for club days

if i get off my fat arse and fix my bike i'll come down to the gong for some motard madness. i need bark busters etc dont i?

When I spoke to the guys at WCR they never mentioned it as a requirement, but I'll try find out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back