Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the canister is 50 litres and i put one wee bottle of 2 stroke in thats 100ml

50 to 1 is a bit borderline, after a long ride that would almost sieze.
i used to run mine at 32/1 and it ran really clean, piston looked good/clean after 15 hours use

what about the exhaust gasket ?
they don't need/use sealant there

the gasket is wrecked, so will sealant not work for this then? its just when i put the choke down it trys to go of more faster on its own when choke it up it will sit idle

it might for a few minutes, but engines run quite hot
for a spark plug to run clean it needs to be operating between 450° C, and 800° C
there are not many exhaust sealants that would hold up to those temps

sealant seems to be working ok but as i say as soon as choke is put down it goes on its own

the canister is 50 litres and i put one wee bottle of 2 stroke in thats 100ml

i hope you mean 5 litres of petrol ???
still it's not much oil to lubricate the crank and rod, piston and bearings

yes thats what i mean lol, well it wouldnt cut out there even when i put choke up exhaust was backfiring, any ideas im lost with what next

try starting it and spraying some wd40 or degreaser on the join between the intake manifold and the barrel
if there is any change to the idle speed, then there is a vacuum leak there.
those manifolds warp pretty easily!

also its a new engine so i wouldnt need a full gasket kit

that's why i said buy another exhaust gasket for $2
my link above was just for a top end gasket set (not full) as an example

ok went and bought new gasket and exhust and its still doing it

when i take out the top of the carb from the carb and start it it takes of straight away

right when i leave the bit in the top of the carby and disconnect the brake from the thumb throttle is sits fine, any ideas anyone?

can anyone put up a picture of the way there spring is in thumg throttle on mini quad?

Latest posts

Back