MiniFighter's XJR SS Build - MiniP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im likin the look of this wild child wayne

you go alright on the spanners , i think ill drop mine off to you to finish

thumbs up mate

Nothing wrong with Chinas MF.

You know that. I know that. Lots of others know it as well.

How could several billion Chinese folks be wrong.

logic

Last edited:
Looking sweet . a cheap effective mod would be to get a chain roller on it , looks like ya frame already has the spot there for one.

Thanks for doing my homework for me hay !!! I was thinking about trying a CRF50 frontend on both my kids PP XJR's... Looks like they sit well with it....

Sweet build hay, looks great !!

O.K, few updates. Nothing to exciting though.

Plans for today were
  1. Sort manifold and carby
  2. Remove forks and suss out legs/springs

The issue im having with the forks is the wheel seems twisted, and once straightened the bars seemed twisted.

First on the list, Carby.

Got the Carb and Manifold sorted (hopefully) made a new gasket, got a few new slightly longer bolts to hold it on.

I fitted the base and gasket separate so i could make sure the gasket was properly centered as i reckon this was a contributing factor to why the manifold seemed to have an interim leak.

Got the jets fitted and running to a point where im happy to work off (90 main, 38 Pilot JHH Needle with e-clip one under centre) Need to take it for a ride to tune it further as still a fair bit off the mark.

Put it all back together. Front end was off so better pic of the carb/manifold.
0a2d4ef8.jpg

Next on the list was the forks. Since i first fitted them ive felt something wasnt right. Sitting on the bike, looking straight the wheel was off centre pointing left. When you centred the wheel the bars were twisted to the right.

Dropped the legs out, Right one was sweet. HD spring, absolutely caked with grease. So give it all a good clean a smidge of new grease to get it all back together and was done.

Left leg, not so good. Im sure ive found the reason why it was sitting funny. Pic below.

c0472e3e.jpg

So, im after a std spring if anyone has one they can spare? Will pay of course and postage. Just until i can afford a new set of HD ones.

So, after all that (and having the day to myself to work on the bike) i decided to put the +2 swingarm i got on.

Pretty straight forward, perfect bolt off bolt on fit. Need a few more bits for it. New chain slider/buffer, new chain tensioners and need to yet sort out the hand brake set up again.

I chopped the chain (with my trusty chain breaker) but went a link to short and its a tad tight. I have a good length of chain left so will sort that later. I will need to add an extra few link as i have decided to run a chain roller.

05b5d8f5.jpg

0813b332.jpg

5535a2f9.jpg

170ba8d2.jpg

You can actually see the diff in length when looking at where the tyre sits.

Old swinger:
328e49ce.jpg

New swinger:
22a75f72.jpg

Little bit more progress, keen as to get this thing back on the dirt.

Went to fit chain roller and realized there was no thread lol Out come the tap set.

Got that sorted and added a few links to the chain. another job done.

Chain guide i got dont fit, so will have to look for another one on the bay.

89348d25.jpg

c155c3c0.jpg

Any chance we could get a rough run down on costs up to now? I'd be interested to see how it stacks up to buying/modding a Honda ;)

Dont add it up MF. Please dont do it.

It will make you feel ill.

If you do, make sure your wife isnt around. All of those $20 purchases add up pretty quickly.

Looks good though MF. Looking forward to getting Chang and Mini P together again. You never know, sparks could fly and there could be Mini Changs on the way.

logic

Latest posts

Back