MiniFighter's XJR SS Build - MiniP

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep cool, so your running genuine crf50 stem bearings... they seem any stronger than the china ones?

Side by side, you'd be hard up to tell the difference. I'll even go out on a limb and say they are identical. Only difference is the race/seat is smaller (thickness wise) on the Gen ones. It was pretty much a straight swap.

cool. reason i ask is iv been keen on the tapered conversion for a while but was a little worried that it wouldnt fit the china's..

Looks good MF.

Hopefully they do the trick.

forks, I just dont like them anymore. They have given me far too much grief.

logic

A couple head bearing dimensions. Prolly have CRF size, if it came in sweatpants with no underwear.

Crf50: BOTTOM ID: 24MM. TOP ID: 22.5MM, RACE OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 41MM
Long stem Chinese: ID - BOTTOM 23.5mm, TOP 22mm, RACE OD - 44mm
Chinese, some more: ID - BOTTOM 23mm, TOP 22mm, RACE OD - 44mm

A couple head bearing dimensions. Prolly have CRF size, if it came in sweatpants with no underwear.

Crf50: BOTTOM ID: 24MM. TOP ID: 22.5MM, RACE OUTSIDE DIAMETER: 41MM
Long stem Chinese: ID - BOTTOM 23.5mm, TOP 22mm, RACE OD - 44mm
Chinese, some more: ID - BOTTOM 23mm, TOP 22mm, RACE OD - 44mm

yeah it appears these bikes run the stock roller bearing type like a bmx pushbike headstem.. as for dimensions i know its not the bottom 2 you listed as there tapered style.

these all balls kits Terry, are they actually a tapered bearing conversion for the crf50? or is it just a generalized picture and description they advertise them with

Sean,
Yes, the A-B kits are a tapered roller conversion set. I installed a set a few weeks ago in my Zed, when I added the Trail bikes triples and KLX forks. Smooth operators, they are.

Well, arrived home to find my goodies had finally arrived! So the next installment begins!

+2 Swinger courtesy of Woggy, wont be going on just yet. Need a few bits for it and will get it PC'd before i put it on.

Sunline Alloy rear 38t sprocket
BLACK ;) OKO 19mm Carby
Box of mains, slows and needles
UNI Filter
Polished/Adjustable Akunar manifold.

Will be all on very soon :)

1554903d.jpg

0fe07cc9.jpg

cb0d56d5.jpg

cf1004d0.jpg

Where'd the OKO come from, it looks schmick, digging the yellow choke knob!

I'll be interested as to how you go for clearance on the straight topped carb, I have an angled top lying around somewhere if you want it... It's new, I found the straight top is getting me by fine after lubricating the cable and lightly sanding the slide. If you need it, PM me an offer and I'll go dig about in the garage at some point :)

wayne nice work im digging that carby the 72 is gunna be supercharged now lol and where did u get those mains/slows and needles from carnt wait to see the finished project..............OH wait its a mini it will never be finished lol

I just bought a 24mm oko and akunar polished rotatable manifold and it wouldnt work together :( its to short and would hit the engine. I have a 3 valve though so you might get away with it.

Where'd the OKO come from, it looks schmick, digging the yellow choke knob!

I'll be interested as to how you go for clearance on the straight topped carb, I have an angled top lying around somewhere if you want it... It's new, I found the straight top is getting me by fine after lubricating the cable and lightly sanding the slide. If you need it, PM me an offer and I'll go dig about in the garage at some point :)

Thanks for the offer Krazed, Much appreciated. I already have another top with a 45deg inlet. Prob could have got away with the straight, but the angled fits too easy. (pic below)

wayne nice work im digging that carby the 72 is gunna be supercharged now lol and where did u get those mains/slows and needles from carnt wait to see the finished project..............OH wait its a mini it will never be finished lol

Thanks Mitch'o :)

I just bought a 24mm oko and akunar polished rotatable manifold and it wouldnt work together :( its to short and would hit the engine. I have a 3 valve though so you might get away with it.

Already fitted it, fits perfect. :)

8dbad2a5.jpg

7c00a32a.jpg

Went out this morning and got some countersunk bolts (12.9) and Nyloc's for the sprocket, also had to get a hose clamp for the manifold.

Front end was first to be sorted today but after tearing the shed apart looking for the axle nut (the only one i had to fit a 12mm axle) i gave up and went to putting the sprocket on lol.

All went well till i had to put it back together, Going up one tooth in the rear required and extra link in the chain to stop the tyre hitting the swing arm. So off to the moto shop. 10mins each way for a $5 link lol.

Found the axle nut in the stand tray lol Where i put it.

Cleaned the legs up with some steel wool and Autosol, came up alright.

I got the brakes back together, and just happened to find some random bits and prices from graphics kits i had back in the day. Slapped some new lower fork leg graphics on the new cover and threw them on.

OKO and associated parts all went straight on with no issues. As you can see by the pics, there was more than enough room for it, swapped some jets and the needle, fitted it up and fired first go. Got some fine tuning to do which is gonna be a pain as im gonna have to remove the carb each time to tweak it. Other than that...Seems sweet. Has a major bog at low revs/idle but once the revs are up it just wants to launch. 2nd gear seems snappy as (in the backyard lol)

Keen to give it a blat, but still a bit to do. Patience..lol

4ff81472.jpg

ae766c4b.jpg

1a310117.jpg

7da33684.jpg

df539a86.jpg

looking good Wayne..

when fiddling with the carb just loosen the clamp and spin the carb to the side, you should just get enough angle to change jets..

also do yourself a favor and change the way the manifold clamp is facing... burnt knuckles aren't fun.

looking good Wayne..

when fiddling with the carb just loosen the clamp and spin the carb to the side, you should just get enough angle to change jets..

also do yourself a favor and change the way the manifold clamp is facing... burnt knuckles aren't fun.

Cheers Seano, the clamp isn't done up, i actually twisted it upwards to get an allen key onto the manifold bolts.

Yeah, should be able to, regardless though its gonna be a pain lol.

Latest posts

Back