Motovert DOHC motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That bike looks awesome!
Without being rude, roughly how much did you spend all up bike included?
Great job. I am sure you will have a ball on that thing!
oldhack.

i think it needs a sticker kit made up as well.

id prefer not to say how much it cost. lets just say the motor alone is more than a modded pitster pro.

i think it needs a sticker kit made up as well.

id prefer not to say how much it cost. lets just say the motor alone is more than a modded pitster pro.

I'll buy it for 1500 ;)

The pics blew me away, cant wait to see some footage of this thing in action :hump:

ok guys, got the best running today and it produced a beautiful 22wrhp in 4th gear. im running it slightly on the rich side just to keep things healthy considering that the motard riding ill be putting it though, it will be held at WOT for a while down the straights. decided to keep the air fuel ratio at about 13:1 or abit lower. it would probably produce a higher HP reading on the dyno in 3rd gear as the revolution are matched better 1:1 with tyre and gearbox. but would really cares about numbers that much. the dyno is a tool used to get the tuning right.

there will be never ending arguments about some dyno's have different readings and blah blah blah.

they said that 250 dirt bikes dont even get these numbers on there dyno, but i imagine that has a bit to do with the nobby rear tyres.

the curve is soooooo smooth and pulled a 2nd gear power wheelie at 3/4 throttle with 16t 40t gearing when i started it outside the shop.

Last edited:
awesome stuff... and yeah dyno's are a tuning tool and do vary from one to the other but if you keep using the same dyno then youll know your improvements or losses..

hey any chance you could post your jetting specs in the carby thread, would be a good addition considering there is no daytona entries in there..

exactly sean, some people get caught up in hp numbers (especially the younger ones).

i can post my jetting specs in the carby thread but im not sure how many people that is going to help as i believe i have the only stroke & ported DOHC daytona in the country at the moment.

Nice meeting you to (Nick or James) lucky Tristan gave me a ride on his race bike after mine didnt start, otherwise i would have gone home pissed off.

Haha wow top marks mate... Just a question out of curiosity..
Did you even stop and think 'what the hell am I doing, it's still just a mini bike' ?

I've already had the thought and I've spent probably half of what you have haha

lucky you haven't ha ha..
I've been slapping myself silly over it ):

I bought the same front brake that you have from Akunar and need to make up my own mount because I'm not running zochies ):
Have you got any pics of the mounts you've used so I can get an idea of how to go about it?

at first I was thinking just a bit of steel angle but I'm worried it might bend under prolonged heavy braking.. I have access to all the solid blocks of ally I'd ever need though

i have my old stainless steel mounts that might fit your bike. wait actually they were for 180mm disc. ill try and take a pic of the two different mounts i have used.

well you have to buy 2x front forks for my setup so you can use both the left legs to mount the twin disc setup.

Hmm, if they're to suite a 180mm disc they're gonna be no good for me as I'm running a 220mm ):
No probs, if you have pics I'd love to see, if you don't it's no real drama :)

Beautiful thing alive!

I used to ride with dual disc front end also, but noticed one good is enough.

Daytona is so smooth engine. Like it very much. Have you got any problems with cases? What was the max rpms at dyno?

Always hears comments about; Why are you spending so much to minis? For me and my kids it´s better to stay racing minis. Simply with small bike you crush only small bones and with big bikes big bones. So it´s more REASONABLE to spend it to pitbikes. I have tested this method in real life :)

Last edited:
Have you ever tested one brake vs. two? I would seem to think that two would be almost too much (if that could ever happen)

Have you ever tested one brake vs. two? I would seem to think that two would be almost too much (if that could ever happen)

Well, dual discs are litlebit more balanced when braking in turns. Other side you have more weight in critical places. With my single disc you can make stoppie from about 95 km/h with one finger. I would say it´s tolerable.

yeah same here. one disc is more than enough. no real need for 2x.

this is the mount i am currently using.

MotovertPro07154.jpg

Floating2.jpg

and this is the 180mm stainless steel setup. dont worry its way strong enough.
i can sell you the mounts x2 and 180mm disc x2 if you want them.

Newmotard07052.jpg

motovert07bremboleft.jpg

Motovert07BremboRight.jpg

Wow that 220mm mount setup is alot simpler than I thought it was gonna be lol, might try to make one of those..

I might grab the 2x mounts and discs too though, never know what could happen :D
What do you want for them?
Oh and also, what are the rotor hole centres?

Latest posts

Back