Motovert Type R, 201cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firepowermini's is no longer running
Yamabond is easy enough to get locally.

So while i wait on the engine i have decided to respray the frame, going with a hammertone blue. Going to make a start today on stripping the frame down, tidy up the welds, get rid of the splatter etc and prep for paint.

Sent you a couple of pms craig, not sure if you got them?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Ok i'll check the message's.

Sorry Stu, my ear infection has spread to my other ear now too and both are pretty bad.
Had to get my second script of super strong antibiotic's filled and now they've almost run out
They were throbbing so bad on the weekend and i'm getting stabbing pain's, i had to get the wife to take me up to the hospital on Sunday night and have them checked, after a 4 hour wait there, i got in, the nurse spoke with an ENT doctor and apparently the drop's the doctor gave me were for a viral infection and i have a fungal infection.
So i'm now on the proper drop's which seem to be helping a bit, the ENT doctor made an emergency appointment for me to see him too (normally a 6 week wait)
Had my ear's vacuumed/cleaned out by the ENT doc at hospital monday lunch and that unblocked them, so the drop's can get in there and work better.
I have another appointment after lunch today for more vacuuming as they've blocked again.
Getting mighty sick and tired of all this BS, it's taking so long for them to sort out!

Ah crap thats not good mate, hope it clears up soon, your fam has had a horrible run health wise lately. Get well mate.

fac4bcd4a654ec0fc673cc9c546470b8.jpg

ce07cb65150825ee15b2a6b1080d087b.jpg

3ab57de341afe4dac78b106d0186f353.jpg

What you doing to the frame mate?

Whatever happened with that new engine setup you were getting going?

Frame is getting a respray while he is waiting for me with the new engine.
I've had a heap of medical problem's over the last few month's so i've been pretty slow

Frame is getting a respray while he is waiting for me with the new engine.
I've had a heap of medical problem's over the last few month's so i've been pretty slow

Cool can't wait to see it finished.

That's not good Craig. Hope your on the mend mate.

What you doing to the frame mate?

Whatever happened with that new engine setup you were getting going?
I cleaned up the welds a bit where i could, trying to get the frame looking really smick to go with the new donk when its done. Getting some suspension work done to, getting the forks rebuilt to suit my lard ass and the rear shock needs regassing and maybe revalving. It was all to soft when i was under 80kgs, and im over 90 now lol

Are you respraying the frame black ?
I wish i had given you that compressor age's ago, you could have painted it with that rock hard KBS gloss black i used on Cjs' PW50 frame
When i drop that 201 up to you i think the trailer might be loaded up with a few extra thing's, compressor, spray gun etc, and i have a couple of 2 stroke back pack weed sprayer's, whipper snipper and a lawnmower or 2 that need a bit of work if you want them.

Going to respray it with septones hammertone blue, using super etch primer to help it grab....
I love that gloss black on the pw, looks great. Hopefully the hammertone holds up, if not i just might use that gloss black ;)

Definitely keen on the compresser lawnmower and whipper snipper, we will sort out a price when it comes time for it.

Ok, cool it'll match the trailer
Are you doing it with light coat's or heavy ?
Heavy coat's make's the hammertone coarse and hide's a lot of stuff

BLUE-HAMMERTONE.jpg

Lighter coat's give it a finer finish, but sometime's has a lower gloss
Trailer look's like this colour, 3M Hammertone blue

images

I was planning on light coats, im not to stressed on the gloss level... i was thinking of using a primer/filler over the etch primer to hide some of the imperfections?
Its to damp and cold up here atm to make a start on spraying, hopefully it warms up a little over the weekend..

Hammertone is really forgiving paint, you can do a couple of heavy coat's over a chip or low spot etc and let it dry
Then once it's dry you can give it a sand with 320 etc and blend it out to give it a smoother finish ready for final top coat's.

Sweet, it should come up ok then :) i was thinking about hitting it with 3 or 4 coats of clear to, so it looks hammertone but has a smooth surface that doesnt hold heaps of dirt etc in the pits of the hammertone finish...

Yeah i made the most of the sun today :)
Im pretty happy with how its looking
2911587d3a050a1230be0c548fce5083.jpg

Randomn shot of how big seuss has got ;)
cf8df2e21a1c53588298c02fa3ea949d.jpg

Latest posts

Back