Mr RUDD bought me a new frame.........

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What wheels did you get ? 4322g sells wheels which have 7075 rims ... I bought a set off him but now he's got them with billet hubs ... The rims look really good quality and are at least 3/16 of an inch thick ... They're HEAPS better than the standard thin pressed out rims that come standard on most wheels ... including billet hub wheels ...

i heard some talk about this guy 4322g, where can i find a link to his page of watev?

done a bit more still heaps to do.... got the pipe adapter the other day but there's no way the pipe would fit even using the adapter so only option was to cut and re weld the header also gotta fab up a a rear master cylinder mounting bracket and work out a few other little probs and should be all good for takeoff
anyways here's a pic off the progress the yellow tape on the pipe is where i had to cut it to make the pipe fit just waiting to weld it back up...
ssr70ttttt003.jpg

i have to admit from what i can see im a bit dissapointed how this has come out maybe its just the pic but it looks heaps small like more like a mini than a midsize its looks rather chopperd

I think you'll find the pic is deceiving !!

but yeah his forks are a little to long and maybe rear shock a little to short...

have similar issue with my bike... bit raked in the front, needs longer rear shock to even it out, but already running a 290mm shock.. cant find a ''decent" shock any longer than 290...
does create a bit of stability problem when jumping... bike has a tendency to spear laterally sideways on take off...

thump*140 cant you just raise the forks up in the tripple clamps a bit to level it out?

i have to admit from what i can see im a bit dissapointed how this has come out maybe its just the pic but it looks heaps small like more like a mini than a midsize its looks rather chopperd

If it aint a midsize then it's definately the biggest MINI ive sat my ass on.... and yes in that pic it's looks raked, i did'nt have the fork legs far enough through the top clamp... dont worry i have'nt spent all this money without doing my homework..

anyways ive adjusted the top clamp and fork legs here's how it looks now they still need to go up about another 5mm..

NEWW50002.jpg

NEWW50003.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah see, looks sweet in that pic !!! But yeah forks are a little to long for it but lowering the tree down has sorted that !!... and yeah another few mil and it will "look" perfect but of cause setting it to handle is better then looks....

I personally dont mind my front sitting a tad higher then the rear...

Also, sagaone you should get the proper rear master cylinder mounting bracket for it from ssr!! They look nice as and you've gone this far !!! And maybe put a spacer between the lower tree clamp and the guard at the front to lower the front of the guard down so it shapes the wheel a little better... just my opinion though !!

looks damn sweet dude, well done on a sweet build...

thanks pb, yeah im wrapped how it's turning out dropping the forks made all the difference, i was thinking about buying the master cylinder bracket from SSR last night but i have'nt decided to go that way or fab a bracket that tucks the mstr cylinder up and away from the swinga and yeah the front fender will sit down a fraction more once i put the front # plate on.. and maybe a set of lower bars

im a bit disapionted in this build:( i love your 50 builds, they're awsome and this is pretty ordinery in a way??? it feels like its lacking feeling for the build, compashion of the build that you show with your 50's and well it doesn't look the part for me, soory :( but thats how i feel and think about this build.

nice swingarm though;)

im a bit disapionted in this build:( i love your 50 builds, they're awsome and this is pretty ordinery in a way??? it feels like its lacking feeling for the build, compashion of the build that you show with your 50's and well it doesn't look the part for me, soory :( but thats how i feel and think about this build.

nice swingarm though;)

ahwell ya cant please everyone main thing is i like it, the bike's got along way to go before being finished i just thought i would give ya's a bit of a sneak preview of what it'll turn out like and of course it's ordinary it's basically a SSR150R the way i want it.
i basically only wanted a china with 70 plastics coz i hate klx ice cream lids and dont like crf50 plastics on a midsize, this was the only way i could build a china and be happy with the overall strength and handling performance... i can tell ya my pocket would love me alot more IF i only built CHINA'S...

NOW TO FIND SOME PIMPIN GRAPHICS

Last edited:

nice swingarm though;)

At the rate saga goes through building up bikes it probably wont be long before this one is in pieces and a new build is in the process :p.
I think the bike has come together nicely except I would like to see it higher in the ass end and its probably not a frame I would choose but we dont all like the same things. If we did it would be a very boring world. The bike still has all the goods with a rockin motor to boot. I also like the crf70 plastics and if he can find a decent sticker kit that will just set it off.

keep the sneak previews coming dude !!

I never liked the mid size with crf50 plastics it just don't look right and as you say the 70 plastics sorts that out !!!

My Elite's size is about as large as I wound go with 50 plastics and even thats boarder line to big... been thinking about building a true mid side and I think now I'll go crf70 instead of klx !!!

Looks sick as man! im not a fan of those swingarms tho , but i guess thats all you could use?

and i reckon maybe different colour plastics

but overall it looks sick as man would be a awesome midsize! should look sweet with a set of graphics

thump*140 cant you just raise the forks up in the tripple clamps a bit to level it out?
Already got the fork legs dropped as far as they can go befor they start tapering in. I canna go any furtha captain.. ;)
DNM go up to 310mm if that helps any.
That helps lot. may have to look into that.

nice swingarm though;)
bulldog you fussy little monkey woman!!! this bike looks like it has a long way to go before it's finished. :)

keep the sneak previews coming dude !!

I never liked the mid size with crf50 plastics it just don't look right and as you say the 70 plastics sorts that out !!!

My Elite's size is about as large as I wound go with 50 plastics and even thats boarder line to big... been thinking about building a true mid side and I think now I'll go crf70 instead of klx !!!

^^^^i agree with using 50 plastics on the midsizes, and not a fan of the KLX style plastics.. Gonna try using PitsterPro Linkage LX/TTR style plastics. if i have any success i'll post up pics.

Nice job saga she's coming along well. brava!!

Latest posts

Back