Mr RUDD bought me a new frame.........

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^DHZ twin trellis monster frame. There will be some plastiwelding being done i would imagine, as well as mounting brackets on the frame. it's mounting them to the tank that has me scratching my bonce thus far..

Id imagine you would need to get yourself a new tank to suit the plastics. Then you have to try and mount the tank to the frame (which would probably be easier than tryin to put the TTR plastics on a crf tank). You could get yourself a frame to suit along with a tank, seat and plastics set. That should sort it all out with minimal headaches. As long as your front end and swinger fits you should be all good.

all that work? ha ha. would still be totally worth it. :D
any idea other than pitsterpro, as to a supplier for this lot?
Might start with the plastics and go from there..
Front end should fit, as the monster trellis frame has a longer headstem than most minis, so there's a fair bit to work with there..
one would imagine swingarm measurements between the mounts laterally would be the same regardless of bike model, but i could be wrong there as well...

ahhh after pondering the last few days as to why the rear end sits low on this build ive came to he conclusion that silly me didnt measure the rear shock properly i've now put a true 275mm in instead of the 265mm shock which i told was a 275mm when i bought it...

ssr70therightway003.jpg

still lookin for some graphics or maybe customs anyone 1 know of any decent custom graphics company's in aus?????

yeah ringmasters did the customs on my YZ400F, plus the "copy" hurricane sets on my blitz and 140... pretty reasonably priced too.
If you know what you want, ringmasters are pretty good at getting what you want onto a sticker kit...
looking forward to seeing this one finished, reckon it will be a bit of a stand out as opposed to every other KLX copy bike running black plastics and Monster energy drink graphics.. lol..

looks so nice sits perfect now!! i recon it needs some lower bars tho like the klx style protapers.

it also needs footpegs, brake levers, kickstarter, fuel cap, bolts to hold everything on, and a stripper sitting on it backwards looking all coy, but lets not get fussy now. ;)

been sussing out the aus graphic companys and it appears none of them do crf70 graphs so the searching continues they dont make many graphics thats for sure...

cheers for all the comments fellas much appreciated.....

been sussing out the aus graphic companys and it appears none of them do crf70 graphs so the searching continues they dont make many graphics thats for sure...

hmmmm you might have to venture out to the usa again unless you can get crf70 templates for them to work with. Have you tried MXink?

I know this is a Xr100 however this guy actually used crf70 plastics on this bike.
Looks pretty nice IMHO

Attachments

• Sick XR100 pipeside.jpg
    Sick XR100 pipeside.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Sick XR100 rear2.jpg
    Sick XR100 rear2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
finally found a set of graphics for 70's that i like as no custom grafix's company's in aus do crf70 shrouds or guards only # plates. also ordered a mikuni TM28,new brake pedal, shifter,correct size rear shock and a few other bits and pieces cant wait to get a ride on it....

^^^ that xr100 looks sweet

it's hard to tell id imagine you would have to weld a few tabs for the tank and the rear # plates but yeah it's possible with a bit of work..

yer thats what i'm guna do, cut off the oringinal tabs n stuff & re weld..... now i have to find a CRF70 tank & seat.....

Latest posts

Back