mv24's LXR build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got that broken bit off but every bolt has been seized lol.
almost done but now the shaft has lost abit of thread at the end so the nut wont go on. Going to leave it for now

You might need to file a slight taper on the end of the crank to be able to thread the nut back on.
At least the crankshaft is thicker on the Daytona engines compared to a YX or Zongshen

you might be able to get the flywheel boss off with a 2 or 3 jaw puller too

KINCROME-K8126-2-JAW-3-INCH-75mm-GEAR-BEARING-PULLER-PULLEY-REMOVER-8x8.jpg
used the same puller to remove my inner rotor of a yx150
cause the fly wheel puller dont fit the Theres no thread on the inner roator

got it all back together thought it was all good, put an air filter on started to cut out revs abit quicker, rode it to my track back fired abit and bogged. otherwise seems good and responsive just till you ride it on a track
short TB filter, green foam angled uni filter, red foam straight uni filter all same thing unoiled or oil. take air filter off seems to rev more normal. no dirt or anything in the filter freshly clean and one of them was only a ride or 2 old. all work on the motovert (gpx125 with oko26) perfectly fine.

genuine kehien pe28 with #125 main jet and 42# slow, 3rd clip from the top throttle needle, air screw 2 return.
valves are good electrics seem good.
new spark plug has brown color end on it.
tried 5 different carbies with all the recommend jetting all same thing. cannot work what is going on.
adjusted the rev limiter to 12'900rpm dont think its even doing 7'000.

try changing the timing on the cdi? any other suggestions?

Last edited:
When you fitted the air filter/s did you adjust the mixture screw to suit ?

Otherwise i'd be trying a bigger Pilot jet like a #45

With it running better without a filter, that means it runs better leaner, so a Main jet change could also help out (smaller).
I have a #45 Pilot and #110 Main in my PWK28 and i reckon it's close on perfect, but i still haven't had it out again to try some bigger jets.

That makes 2 of us.
I wonder why they'd make it adjustable ?
Is it a genuine Daytona PE28 ?

Edit; found this on PM PE24 thread- PE-24 Carb Jets, What is this?

yeah it is the genuine daytona one

so judging from that im going to have more issues now
thought it was supposed to be you buy the carby and put it on and that it. replaced the rubber adaptor and checked or the wiring today still acting up so pulled the carby completely apart again and noticed that and wonder if that could be wrong

can someone please send me a pic of their one so i can put it back?

The guys on PM said the specs for their emulsion tube height, it is a tad over 7mm

attachment.php

i got it pretty much perfect i think. takes abit to get started and has a tiny bit of bog sometimes but now revs over 5000rpm and as a normal sounding rev limiter

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back