mv24's LXR build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im only asking because reading that you went from a 115 to a 120, and are now looking go up further in jet size, im wondering why? the information i was given is that the top racers running the 190's are running 114 mains, and thats dyno tuned. seeing that im jetting my 190 as well, id just like to find out what it felt like with the 115 compared to the 120......

I've ran a 125 in my pe 28 since i put it on the motor ... no problems here runs mint plug colour perfect still running my original plug 10 hours later

if his bike is fouling plugs now, then there wouldnt be any point going up to a 125 though, as a fouled plug occurs from unburnt fuel.... fouling plugs on a four stroke would mean needs smaller main jet i would of thought. i no the daytona manual recommends a 125, but the bloke that told me the race guys run 114s was adamant thats what they run and its dynoed as well. im just trying to get to the bottom of it while i wait for my jet kit from ch50's which has been freakin ages in the mail.....ive got from 115 through to 122 on the way so il no one way or another in the end, just doing the debate/research thing :)

the reason i want to get it perfect to is im keen on opening the engine up a bit with the timing advance and rev limit, and dont want to do any damage when i do...

125 main jet should be spot on. Listen to Nicko, he has had one since they first come out.

Whoever your top racer buddies are mate they are way off the mark. You run 120+ mains in a 184 V2 setup let alone a 4 valve 190.

Think about a 250 4 valve. They run 38mm carbs and main's would be are around the 140 mark. Kind of put's it into perspective a bit more.

In saying that I have 2 bikes with ****house jetting. hahahaha. Got some Carb problems.

try brad????? its his setup im going off buddy..... dont really care, just seems everyone thinks bigger is better, when the symptoms his bike had points to either to much fuel or poor spark, as fouling plugs comes from to much fuel to air, and then getting a dirty burn. il just get back in my box until the jet kit turns up from ch50's the slack buggers, and then il post my own findings. as for 120+ main jet, have a read of timeeh's dyno run and see how his a/f ratio was way of the mark with a 120 (to rich) and had to run it with out air filter to get a reading on the a/f mix. anyways, will post my OWN findings later on :)

My point exactly. LOL

Just my experience bud. Everyone's entitled to there opinion. That's what the site is for. Air fuel mixture settings and needle position play a big part as well as the jetting. Having a larger jet with the mixture screw in more counters that issue. Different Carb sizes also come into play.

For Hazza's problem it sounds more like a weak spark or crappy plug. I run the iridium plugs which give a much better spark.

At the end of the day whatever works works. ;)

Be sweet if someone got a good EFI system for pitbikes going. Get rid of all these problems.

the spark plugs cost like 30 bucks a plug and its not even iridium bit much for a plug i think.
if i hit a whoop section or jump the bike shuts off and cannot get it started. has to be bump started 2 or 3 times before it starts. dunno if its the acutal carby or some other problem its been doing it with 2 carbies both keihins.
the pe28 is fairly old so maybe its the problem.
havent got a 125 to try yet, dhz gave me the wrong jets again

its alright on flat tracks their is abit of delay sometimes in the revs but really bad on a proper track thats why ive stopped riding it.

does it have a standard needle in it ? or as Daytona specific Needle?

have you tried the Needle clip up on the first or second notch down ?

also if you want to try it a bit richer, take the filter off clean it but dont re-oil it
fit it back on the bike and that will make it a bit richer, see what it does then , might give you an idea which way to go with jetting?

Just a question, do you have the splash guard?" installed in the carb? The piece i mean is a plastic guard that sits over the jets which in turn should prevent the bowl from emptying when you go over bumps/jumps. Just a thought.

thanks to my uncle i now have rear brakes, the master cylinder was comepletely stuffed, lucky i put new brakes on the motovert and thought the master cylinder was too long, changed all that and my uncles new vacum pump thing helps with bleeding brakes. got them working as good as the KXF

now the carby has **** itself so leaks fuel everywhere.. lol

Latest posts

Back