MY LXR 180cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was glowing b4 the gates had dropped mate, So you must have been sitting there on the gas hard out b4 the race started, i see a lot of guys at racing with the same pipes and not come any where near getting that hot when we are on the gates.

are you talking about my other competitors bikes around me if so i am the only one in that field with a T4 which is thin gauge stainless steel header and the rest are using a chrome mild steel .

but did the guys you saw race at night ?

YES YOU..Then you need to kick it over again jst b4 that gate dropped... t4 or any pipe mate ur not the only one that has them or only one that races.
getting it that hot is going to show like balls on a pitbull nite or day.

so what all guys are telling me a glowing header at night is normal says roost666 and other guys are telling me i have major tuning issues ?

also can someone explain why the pipe changed back to normal colour even though reving the same ? after 25secs, because i can :)

so what your saying is do not hold the throttle wide open at a race start, what would you suggest to do when all other competors are doing exactly the same thing, as you explained it as valve bouncing.

here is a video of the race day but during the day YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010,PITSTER PRO LXR, HOLE SHOT

its pretty obvious you have never raced before at a proper race start gate with other competitors ?

just to confirm the 155z engines do not have a rev limiter ?? can other people confirm this aswell ?

ok i was holding back but your an idiot

i do race and your not meant to hold WOT before the chik comes out with sign its just completely unnecessary your meant to try and time it right and you usually hold it WOT just as she takes the sign away

and also if i were you i would learn to ride a bike fast before trying to ride a fast bike you will improve a lot quicker

i do race and your not meant to hold WOT before the chik comes out with sign its just completely unnecessary your meant to try and time it right and you usually hold it WOT just as she takes the sign away

and also if i were you i would learn to ride a bike fast before trying to ride a fast bike you will improve a lot quicker

nice could say it any better my self, BUT for 16 teen pretty smart (ass)

so what all guys are telling me a glowing header at night is normal says roost666 and other guys are telling me i have major tuning issues ?

the blue flames mean lean, i only just watched the vid, I have a 250f and if i let that sit and idle in the dark the header will glow but not to the extreme yours was, also my bike is not hurling flames out the back, these guys all no there stuff, try taking some of it on board, try changing your jetting, se if the problem gets resolved.

if you watch when the throttle is wide open the 6 second board came out and the throttle was open for 5 seconds,

when warming up i am not just holding the throttle wide open for like 10 seconds before the chik comes out with the board,

if you check throttle action on this vid, when the pipe is glowing it was not valve bouncing

YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010, GLOWING RED EXHAUST PIPE PITSTER PRO LXR

also if you check the vid describtion it says about my rider ability :)

the blue flames mean lean, i only just watched the vid, I have a 250f and if i let that sit and idle in the dark the header will glow but not to the extreme yours was, also my bike is not hurling flames out the back, these guys all no there stuff, try taking some of it on board, try changing your jetting, se if the problem gets resolved.

do these guys relize when using a boost bottle it leans the mixture right off when cold ? if you check video exhaust colour changes back to normal richness mixture after aprox 25 secs when warm up is complete

do these guys relize when using a boost bottle it leans the mixture right off when cold ? if you check video exhaust colour changes back to normal richness mixture after aprox 25 secs when warm up is complete

well if thats the case i wouldnt use it

also if you check the vid describtion it says about my rider ability :)

what i was getting at is you could quite possibly be quicker around a track without those mods and shorter gearing

Last edited:
well if thats the case i wouldnt use it

what i was getting at is you could quite possibly be quicker around a track without those mods and shorter gearing

yes i do agree you are proberbly right, i just like to experiment with different types of performance enhancers

yeah i agree about my rider ability, but i like gearing and mods as it is, i am now learnig how to ride the bike with lots hp and the extra speed in each gear

i have a x4r with a 155z engine just about to put a v2 head on it and i ride the stock engine to its full potential

with gearing it depends on what track it is like if its a big open mx style i like 16/37 or even a 41 on the rear

but if its tight a 14 on the front works well and you will probably be able to hold a higher gear through corners

I have never seen a boost bottle fitted to a 4 stroke before , They were all the rage back in 1982 :)

i have a x4r with a 155z engine just about to put a v2 head on it and i ride the stock engine to its full potential

with gearing it depends on what track it is like if its a big open mx style i like 16/37 or even a 41 on the rear

but if its tight a 14 on the front works well and you will probably be able to hold a higher gear through corners

watch this vid YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010,PITSTER PRO LXR, HOLE SHOT at the start line

i am using 17/35 and a holstot button and it still wheelies is 2nd gear, if i use the gearing you suggest the bike is more wheelie prone, so i found the tall gearing i use more user friendly :)

also with ya new v2, are you going to use the s35 cam ?

Last edited:
watch this vid YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010,PITSTER PRO LXR, HOLE SHOT at the start line

i am using 17/35 and a holstot button and it still wheelies is 2nd gear, if i use the gearing you suggest the bike is more wheelie prone, so i found the tall gearing i use more user friendly :)

also with ya new v2, are you going to use the s35 cam ?

i bought the head 2nd hand and i have no clue what cam is in it but i may buy a new one in the future just so its got a new cam i can be certain its a s35 plus i will look into port job

i bought the head 2nd hand and i have no clue what cam is in it but i may buy a new one in the future just so its got a new cam i can be certain its a s35 plus i will look into port job

yeah sweet i use the s35 they offer strong top end perfomance, also i found using the flat slide carbys does give a better top end performance aswell.

what carby are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back