Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 1cjburn.jpg
    1cjburn.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1cjpw50.jpg
    1cjpw50.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 7
we just got home from a couple of days out riding at the farm,
it's been raining a little over the last couple of weeks.
the PW50 is going well, Cj is doing very well,
he only had 2 small offs, both were on the same corner, too much speed on the entry and went up the berm and stopped, then fell after losing his footing.

he has Motocross in his blood for sure, check out his foot work.

thanks,
you are very close, it's my 1984 IT200
these 2 pics are a couple of years old

here is the next update on that big muffler, it's slowly getting there....

Love the colours on the 50 craig. It looks awesome. Actually all 3 are in great condition and is a credit to you mate.

cheers mick,
i would like to pick up another set of plastics for it,
then spray them up in IT blue/competion yellow, have some 1981 style decals made for it or possibly '84 style decals (the tank/frame looks more like an '84)
and make an IT50? mini-me , lol

1it.jpg

I love that it200 mate, whats the gearing like? looks pretty high. How does it handle the jumps? my kdx drops the from pretty quick so I need to give it a twist of power before leaving the jump or lean back.

Also you are a master exhaust designer. That is looking great. Is it much fatter then the original one? Looks like the power band will kick in pretty quickly and not die out to fast judging by the shape. So just the header pipe next and the tail pipe now right?

standard gearing on the IT200 is 12T/44T , so is 3.67 ratio, top speed was around 120kmph.
i now have 13T front/ 43T Rear sprockets on mine, so is a bit higher geared than stock, more top speed, and still gets there fast too.
the IT200 is about 12kg lighter than your KDX250, 95kg v's 107kg

hitting that jump on the IT is totally different to doing it on the pit bikes, like chalk and cheese.
the first time i did it on the Yamaha i went pretty slow, and travelled about 1.6 metres and landed IT on the front wheel
the bike is so forgiving though, so was all good.
i hit it a bit faster the second time but it launched me up off the pegs about 6" .
it tried jumping it back the other way too, it felt just as bad

doing the same jump on the Atomik Fuse it feels smooth, even the DS80 was smooth over it.
it think the longer wheelbase of the IT stuffs it up over the short/small jumps,
then again maybe it is just me needing more practice.....

the new expansion chamber i'm making for the PW is coming along well i think.
it is Stainless tubing, 2.5" o/d so maybe close on the original pipe size?
i have kept the long header pipe, to keep the torque down low/mid range.
i was going to sort of copy the FMF one, but i have changed my design a bit now.
the header pipe i remade and welded onto the old/original expansion chamber has now been cut off ready to weld onto the new expansion chamber.
i am making the new exhaust fit the original mounts too, so i can still use the PWo Circuit muffler i made.
it will be a fair bit better flowing than the tapered brick Yamaha designed pipe.
hopefully the main jetting will still be around the same as the standard exhaust, i have 2 spare jets bigger than what is in it now.

Wow man, that exhaust looks sweet. Be interesting to see what difference it makes.
thanks,
i'm aiming for a new world record, fastest PW50 in the world !!!!! .......:action-smiley-035:
nah, just joking :LolLolLolLol:

i would have trouble beating this stretched, twin carbied monster PW -
hows the top speed of that one ! ? !

[video=youtube;3HufSA-ySWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HufSA-ySWE[/video]

i got a bit more done on the expansion chamber today, almost finished,
i just need to weld the header pipe on

thanks,
i cant wait to hear it, or ride it to see if i have improved it at all.
i went for a 3 horn version for the expansion chamber, this should give it a wider powerband
this style is used mainly for 2 stroke enduro bikes.
the design fitted in with the frame and engine/gearbox shape a lot better due to the engine being a part of the PW50's rear suspension.

there wasn't much skill needed,
was just a matter of cutting up some pipes, shaping them to make cones/horns etc, then welding it all together.

art, yeah i guess ?
i couldn't really picture it sitting on a mantle piece, but possibly on a bar, in a man cave ?

i enjoy panel beating, recreating parts and panels, full custom one offs etc etc
the best thing about it is when someone asks where did you buy it, or what is it off ?
or when people look at something i made, and not even realize it is a custom/one off piece.

i will make another video of it running once it's welded up and finished

cheers, craig

the header pipe is welded on now,
i had to modify the rear of the new expansion chamber to gain a bit more frame clearance as it wouldn't allow full travel.
i slit the pipe 40mm long with a 1mm cutting disc in the angle grinder then tapped the pipe down, and welded it again.

the bike started easily, and was lacking a little when revving.
i dropped the needle clip to the bottom slot and this has helped, i will need another couple of main jets now to correct the lean condition at wot.

here is the expansion chamber,
you may be able to see the section at the rear where it goes behind the black diagonal seat brace, where it has been flattened off.
the bike does sound crisper, and seems more responsive again.

Latest posts

Back