Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
I picked up another cheap roller the other day, it's a BSE / Foxico TTR style bike with a dead Lifan 150
Apparently the engine has gearbox problem's.
Since i'm not that comfortable on the Braaap, i thought i might swap the 190 into this bike.
My old Atomik Fuse felt perfect for me, where ever you sat on it was nice so when i saw this i thought why not try it out with the Anima.

Here is the bike when i first got it home, the White TTR plastics, tank and seat were off it when i got it.

Today i took the 150 out and cleaned it up a bit

I saw that for sale, werent they asking only $100?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Close it was $80, and those fires out north were just across the road from where this bike was kept too.
The guy i bought it from was fighting the fire back from 11am till 4am the next day.

You need to change out those forks and rear shock with braap ones. And while you are there could you check whether those engi front brake caliper bolts are 6mm or 8mm.

Last edited:
Yeah the suspension/wheel swap is on the card's, although the original fork's and shock are still good, fork's have 20mm sag and rear shock has about 45mm with my weight on it
My Fuse just needed an oil change from the original sesame/peanut oil to some decent 10w or 15w oil and some spacer's on top of the spring's to make it ride sweet.
The caliper mounting bolt's are M6 x 30mm 12.9 Unbrako's, i only changed them last week.

Plastic's, seat and tank have come up pretty clean considering what they were like,
the gripper seat cover is a lot more grippy and even more comfy compared to the Fuses' seat too
The white plastic's are starting to grow on me too, just need to find a left rear number plate/cover
I think some new Minirider's sticker's will look at home on the bike.

Last edited:
Dude that thing looks sick. Love the frame and bbr copy swingarm!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Swing arm looks very nice.
What did you find uncomfortable with the Braaap? I'm 5'10" and 75kg - feels good for me. I think the wheelbase is shorter than the motovert I had

Swing arm looks very nice.
What did you find uncomfortable with the Braaap? I'm 5'10" and 75kg - feels good for me. I think the wheelbase is shorter than the motovert I had

lm 6 foot 95kg I find it cramped ..But hey l just live with it .. l find it a challenge because it is uncomfortable ,if that makes sense ..The twitchiness and the push the front hard in corners to get the most out of it gives you a lot more confidence for when l hop on my 450 ..

After owning one, I think the ergos are a bit out, the rear feels to high compared to the front, and compared to the longer wheel base frames, they are quite twitchy. Dont get me wrong I am not ragging on them, they are a good strong bike, but compared to my motovert and my sons psto they are harder to ride "hard" if you get what I mean.... just personal opinion obviously also...

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Its always a gamble buying a bike without 'real world test riding.. sometimes you just don't gel with the bike that you've bought. .and are stuck with it as you've shelled out hard earned cash.. possibly Ycf ,Dhz or similar can hold pre purchase test rides at designated tracks around the Country .A few months ago a dirt bike shop in Melbourne were holding Suzuki /Yamaha test rides at a state forest. l went along with a mate who wanted to buy a Suzuki.. he ended up with the Yamaha .. Both top bikes . He gelled best with his second choice. .And bought a Yamaha ..

It is a twitchy bike but that is a positive I think for change in direction, road bikes with this characteristic is a big plus.

Short wheelbase to me looks cool :)

I do agree that u can't just pick a bike as I did that when I bought my zx10r, few mths later I sold it and got a gsxr1000 which suited me better

Yeah Yamaha and KTM had a try out the new model's ride day at Murray Bridge MX track a couple of month's ago here.
I've heard of a Braaap try out day here in SA before too, that was a couple of year's ago though.
There are a couple of dealer's here that sell them now too, so i might go sit on one of the MX1's at some stage and see how that feel's too.
I'm 5'6" and can't find the sweet seating spot on the Braaap so that was the big deciding factor in buying another bike/frame for me.
I noticed it straight away when i had a test ride of the Braaap before i bought it, but thought i might get used to it, wasn't the case though.
The only thing i'll need to do to this bike is some fat bar riser's and maybe some taller bar's.
Hopefully the 190 in the Foxico will be my perfect combo.
I'm sure the 190 will still be a bit twitchy in this as well as my old Lifan 150 certainly had it's moment's catching me off guard

Are the frames built solid on the foxico ? . does it have a longer wheelbase.?

Yeah they feel solid across the rocky hard stuff at top speed, (7km long boundary fence at our old farm)
The frame is CroMoly, and yeah they are 50mm longer in wheelbase.

After spending an hour or so on the Fuse riding across paddock's dodging salt bush and chunky white rocks, riding the trial like area's in the quarry, and then doing the a deep sand hill climb and some flat out riding around the sandy grain paddock's dodging paddy melon's and our short sand track etc i never felt like i needed a break to go out again.
The Braaap gave me a full workout on the MX track i took it on (1km /lap) same sort of conditions and after a couple of laps i needed 15mins or more to recoup the energy.
I'm a smoker too which doesn't help either

I'll be sure to give it a review after taking it out next too, i'm sure gottagetacheaperhobby Stu will too.

Last edited:
With that type of terrain it ,you may need a linkage set up.. lm keeping a look out for a linkage bike .. lm starting to get a little tired getting knocked around. Mainly when l get it out in the state forest..

We don't have the farm property anymore so no more of the hard stuff.
Stu's place is mainly soft loam and a bit of compacted dirt.
Linkage would be an easy conversion to this bike, i have the part's here to do it too.
I want to see how it ride's with the standard suspension first though, the Elka off the Braaap is the same length as the Foxico shock or 5mm longer so should work on it.

The 190 engine is bolted now in and the peg mount is back on, just some wiring to connect back up, carby and throttle to go on and it'll be ready to fire up.

I say your crazy. lol

It's not going to handle anywhere near as good as the Braap especially with a 190.

Have a funny feeling you will be swapping back soon enough.

No linkage to get the power down either going to be spinning the back wheel a lot.

. Braaap don't have the linkage so it will be a reasonable compare.. less cramped ****pit, longer swinger , rider feels more confident its gotta be a good mix.

I can't see it being any worse than the Braaap only better, but i have been wrong before.
And i don't like my chance's of finding a linkage bike like an LXR, Motovert or PSTO for under $100 either.
If the engine has to come out of this, it might get a bit of a working over before it goes back into another bike.
Oil cooler is mounted and the exhaust is back on too now.

I say your crazy. lol

It's not going to handle anywhere near as good as the Braap especially with a 190.

Have a funny feeling you will be swapping back soon enough.

No linkage to get the power down either going to be spinning the back wheel a lot.
Ergonomics should be better being a ttr 110 seat and plastics, and I dont think the braaap I had handled as good as my old dhz dpro 125 to be perfectly honest, they are also damn heavy with a lot of frame weight up high which isnt a good thing.... I have complete faith it will feel a lot better than the braaap, and I have owned a braaap sp3 and ridden craigs also...

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back