My ramp!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guna get the poor boy locked up... over hear now it's a huge offence to even go on a construction site after hours...

Ask your local comstuction team or Wood workers

Don't use chipboard,the reason its so crap is that its made of tiny chips of wood(hence the name CHIPboard)that are glued together so there is no solid structure within it.Ply is made of solid slithers of board that are overlapped with grains running in different directions which gives strength and support.

My ramps are 12ft long by 6+1/2ft high by 2ft wide with wooden frames(looking to make next one from steel frame)with 6mm ply overlapped in 5 layers making it strong enough to handle any sized bike.Old paint we had lying around was slapped on without sand and don't have any traction problems as your usually off the gas as you hit the bottom of the ramp.
With the limited runup we've got you can hit upto 10 metre gap and I reckon if you had a long enough run up and speed(and big enough balls) 15-20 metres would be acheivable.We're looking to build a new dirt landing on a different line with more run up so we'll soon see what is possible with this sized ramp.
The beauty of this ramp is that its not too big to hit with our mountain bikes when we pull it in closer but not too small to get bored quickly, as you progress you just pull it back and we've even started to jack the back up for more height as we get confident.

how do u measure an mark out the radius? do u get a nine ft stick an wave it round in a circle:D j/k

Last edited:
despite what you all say, im going ahead with it because it seems to be plenty strong enough! heres some pics of my progress with it mocked up. it will have extra supports inbetween the chipboard pannels and the chip board will be plained to match the radus of the sides. it will all be glued and screwed together and have a sheet of 9mm ply as the surface.

sorry, ill post pics in about an hour

despite what you all say, im going ahead with it because it seems to be plenty strong enough!

Says it all.... make sure there is footage of you 'testing it' and actually 'getting air time' off it. we need a laugh:)

^^^^

l0l

ive mad ramps out of this and its works fine if u brace it enough

yeah theres nothing wrong with chipboard...
if you can get your hands on some constructon grade chipboard even better.

he's only using the board for the sides and if he braces it it will be fine.

it only 2ft high remember.

pfff ill show you all, ill take a video and it will put you all in your place!!!

pics are coming (photobuckets taking ages!)

nah you'll be fine, this is my first ramp and I didnt get hurt, perfectly safe.

Camera039.jpg

haha yeah thats a sweet ramp, pretty mad gap to!

alright heres a pic of it all sticky taped together lol, the wood has been used to put stuff on while spray painting, thats why it looks dirty

S5007451.jpg

ill get more pics up as i go, but photobuckets being gay at the moment

na, just a whole lot of sticky tape! joking, screws and glue.

did i mention there i going to be thick supports inbetween the chipbord sheets and at the bottom. heres a pic from the side

S5007452.jpg

haha by the way how much did u pay for the good ramp? one fella i asked said im lookin at between $300 - 500 for the steel without ply :(

hit it with sticky tape!!!!! i dare ya lol i would just for a laugh...

last time i had the foam pit set up kids where making crazy "dodgy ramps " & hitting them into the pit.. was the funnyest thing out

Latest posts

Back