New 88cc Project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wogtaz ryder

Reaction score
Just thought i would make a new Thread for this new bike im building!!!!!! because i should be getting a few parts this week i hope!!!!!!! heres a bunch of pics so far enjoy , hopefully have a bunch more at the end of the week.

FastaceShock006.jpg

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

the engine mite be done tomorrow!!!! and the barrel has been painted the (frame) RED and have stripped the paint on the fins just need to get some fine sand paper to it and polish!!!

Enjoy

The frame looks good but it 'aint gonna go too good with that skinny pipe and inlet manifold ....

yer want to get a new pipe , coz that ones for stock 50 .. but o well it went alright on the 110 so should be good enough for a while .. and what you mean about the inlet manifold?

Put a sparkplug in it dude ASAP, you don't want to be gettin crap in there.

omg uleh i bet thats super fast.... does it have VTEC??

yer want to get a new pipe , coz that ones for stock 50 .. but o well it went alright on the 110 so should be good enough for a while .. and what you mean about the inlet manifold?

How big is the bore thru the intake ??? You need at the very least 22 mm and ideally 24 mm .... That carb looks like a 20 mm Keihin off an XR80 .... An 88 cc motor can handle a 22 mm Keihin , bigger intake and exhaust ports plus a 25 mm and up pipe .... Modded XR75's have a 24 mm intake and 28 mm pipe ........ and if done properly they'll pull an 80 two stroke (KX80/YZ80) in a standing start drag up to their top speed of around 54 mph ... It may be that CRF50 motors just can't cut it if people can't get that type of performance out of 'em ...

DGXR75INTAKE1.jpg

XR75POWROLLPIPE2.jpg

1864_3.jpg
(UP PIPE)

Last edited:
ill see how it goes wen i get it back , should be today or tomorrow im hoping .. , its still using the stock head which has pretty little ports... but i will be upgrading to the race head soon with i think its 25-22mm ports? im not the best with motors (which is why its at the mechanic) :)

Want to sell that air filter to me out of the two bro's kit if you haven't sold it yet?
I'll take the fmf too if your getting rid of that soonish?

Looks sick the build

DSCN0476.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

Yer unit i mite sell the exhaust actually i mite need a bigger one , coz ill be getting the race head soon (hopefully) and mite do the airfilter to ... if this unifilter ever gets here....... and fits.

well yer just got it back from mechanic looks good!!! started first kick ! alot more compression then i thought ... its wicked i love it!!!!!! yeeeww

still got to polish the fins on the cylinder abit better , and swingarm should! be here this week and a stock rear wheel and.... yep

Last edited:
awsome , looks great.
What you doing for the front end?

I might be selling my fork set up , its got brand new 1" sik50s legs and sliders , minibike springs , fat50s top clamp and brand new red barron gaurds and the stock ones. All freshly greased and ready to use....

awsome , looks great.
What you doing for the front end?

I might be selling my fork set up , its got brand new 1" sik50s legs and sliders , minibike springs , fat50s top clamp and brand new red barron gaurds and the stock ones. All freshly greased and ready to use....

Actually i think i would like them very much!!! , if you want we can do a deal :D if you still want the exhaust and ill add a few more dollers.

mocked up some crap forks i had lying around!! i mite even get some new oil (coz they got NONE in them) and see how the forks go till i get some new ones.
DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0482.jpg

and dads kicked me to the side so he can start his project!! :(

DSCN0481.jpg

there's a dude on fmx selling crf70 front end new for $150 , thats a bargin but its a 14" rim. Depends how mini you want your mini to be?

what do you mean by studs? could you please post a pic?

ill see how it goes wen i get it back , should be today or tomorrow im hoping .. , its still using the stock head which has pretty little ports... but i will be upgrading to the race head soon with i think its 25-22mm ports? im not the best with motors (which is why its at the mechanic) :)

It should make heaps of torque ... They go OK with those carbs on 'em ... just make sure the manifold matches the carb outlet and the head port ....

It's great to modify things in stages as you learn a lot ....

A link with some goodies and info ... :cool:

Google Image Result for http://www.hondaminitrail.com/GIFS/CRF50-2006-PIC.jpg

Cheeers again !! Cactus

if i was u i wouldnt use them bolts for the exhaust, u should use studs

yer whys that , its what came with the engine :confused: they have been good on the 140 and 110..

omg omg omg cant wait till tommrow when i wake up and look at it again :D probably goin riding this weekend , so if the swingarm and wheel dont show up it will be very tempting to take the complete rear end off the 110 :rolleyes: just wanna try out this thing yeeeewwww

Latest posts

Back