New member to miniriders

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
Hi l have been procrastinating for a while now and finally became a member. l have been Riding dirt bikes for 38 years and had a go on a dhz 110 a year back on a mates grass track. The thing got me hooked . (last time l felt like this was on a yz490 ) Decided to buy it off the kid put some wider bars on it and taller sprockets. past the bike down now to one of my kids, so l went shopping for a new pity. Came across a cheap 190 Daytona Braaap , excellent nick with stock carb and gearing. l will be riding it on a 2.7 km private track that consist of a few jumps but mainly fast terrain.

Reading post lm a little confused what gearing to run and fuel metering to use. As lm 90kg full loaded with dirt gear on l need the balance of gearing that will keep the bike alive with some decent top gear out put.

Thanks and will appreciate feedback.

Yea, I'd upgrade your carb first, the Braaap's come with a 22mm Mikuni, Stu (Gottagetacheaperhobby) had really good results with uprading to a Keihin PE 28mm Carb.

Mate with a 190 behind it i wouldn't bother with the gearing (just yet) i run a 184 and even with the tallest gearing i can fit (18/32 from memory) the thing pulls like a freight train. I have riden a mates bike with the 190 and it had even more torque + it revved to the moon, so if it were me i wouldn't stress too much on the gearing unless you get it out on the track and find yourself holding it flat in 4th for any distance (which i don't think will happen ;) )

Mate with a 190 behind it i wouldn't bother with the gearing (just yet) i run a 184 and even with the tallest gearing i can fit (18/32 from memory) the thing pulls like a freight train. I have riden a mates bike with the 190 and it had even more torque + it revved to the moon, so if it were me i wouldn't stress too much on the gearing unless you get it out on the track and find yourself holding it flat in 4th for any distance (which i don't think will happen ;) )

Hi thanks to all for feedback. pretty exited cant wait to get on the 190 . l like to bring a parts kit with me when l ride on mates private track. Usually a 2 day and over night, so heaps of time to fine tune.

l have read most post available on the 190 ,only not sure best carb to use, will the mikuni 22 starve ?. Will l need to purchase a carb for my parts kit ? lf so pe or pwk ? copy or jap ?.

Track l will be riding is suitable for 125 smoker or 300 4 stroke ( current bikes l use ) so l say there will be a lot of 3rd - 4th gear shifts

Best bang for buck would hr the OKO 26mm flat slide, but being a flat it will make it pretty twitchy much like a 2smoke, but the best carb (in my opinion) is the Pe28 Keihin but it is twice the price + some then what the oko is.

PE28 for that motor and run 15/37 sprockets. Where in Melbourne are you?

PE28 for that motor and run 15/37 sprockets. Where in Melbourne are you?

Hi ya thanks for the feedback , lm onto a pe 28 and I will see how the gearing holds up on next weeks ride .. lm based in Fitzroy , private track 30 min from Ballarat , so l like to be prepared with go fast bits,

Hi ya thanks for the feedback , lm onto a pe 28 and I will see how the gearing holds up on next weeks ride .. lm based in Fitzroy , private track 30 min from Ballarat , so l like to be prepared with go fast bits,
190, keihn 28mm carby if you have the cash, or a 28mm oko carby if your a bit short.. Will ride like a 450 in pitbike size :p
dont forget the larger air filter and time to jet it..

Latest posts

Back