new to the forums and mini scene lxr build soon to come

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honda998

Reaction score
hey guys I just joined this website today and looking for some times , I race pro motocross here in Canada , I was screwing around on my buddies crf110 and got bit by the mini bug so in the next couple weeks im going to be picking up a 2009 pitster pro lxr , the guy just replaced the mold motor with a 155 and has only rode it a few times , brendos bike was my main drive to get one his is steller , have a few questions as im going to try and build a mini replica of my race 450 ive always been and always will be a red rider lol my first question is I know the 2009 frames are shorter then the current model lxr was wondering what pipes are gonna fit this pipe klx or crf ? also is the lxr a crf or klx mount ? and last but not least are the 155 motors powerfull enough I like power so if its sluggish and such I may just go out and get the Dayton 190 or a dohc motor always liked them I have attached a few pics of my race bike thanks for and advise , the rims on my crf are off of justin barcias 250f from a few years ago met him at the millsap training facility and I busted a rim and he gave me this set he had was an awesome day

Attachments

• crf1.jpg
    crf1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 24
  • crf2.jpg
    crf2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
The 155 should be a crf bend lxr pipe..
The daytona 190 will be a custom bend and have to be ordered with the motor..

The 155 can go very fast for less dosh than a 190.. eg pull the motor out and send it to tery from firepower minis and have him bore the cases to accept a 67mm bore.. and then a tb head.

Seriously will lift the front in all gears like riding a 450 imo..
I'd buy a spare tranny while your at it too and stronger clutch springs

Hey mate first of all thanks for liking my lxr dude I put a lot of time into it. For starters if you like power straight away get rid of the 155 and get the daytona 190 it is an animal and for the price it's the best option around for cheap power and it's pretty reliable I never even had to touch my valves, get a keihin pe28mm carb for it and an iridium plug.
Second the yoshi I had was a klx pipe, the frame basically runs a klx pipe but the engine is a crf port so what ever you do you will have to cut twist and re weld the pipe to suit, it's not to hard but measure twice cut once kind of thing you could probably fab something up with the stock head and join it to the yoshi mid way.

Welcome to MR bud.

First up, sick 450. Love it. The fact it's running barcia's rims must make you 5 seconds a lap quicker (or feel like it)? haha ;)

You can also pickup a Pro Circuit pipe which is specifically designed for the LXR's as well.

Look forward to seeing the build.

Thanks motor man the rims make me look fast at least and yea it was awesome he just handed them to me when I blew my rear rim apart I offered him some cash and he said dontbworry about they even had factory geomax mx 51 on them not now thoughlol and thanks brendo for the advice as for the crf plastocs did you use all of them or just the front and side number plates also your power bomb is it hand made I was thinking of cutting one off my fmf head pipe and welding that on there or getting the Doma head pipe and making that work

So decided as much as I hate kawasaki Chad reed is my favorite rider so I just ordered the new style klx plastics and a pro circuit ti-5 pipe going to have to totally custom make this pipe work but I get it done I design car parts I'm sure I can handle a exhaust system lol

Sounds like it's goin to be a weapon when you finish it can't wait to see some pics of it. if you plan on making it similar to Brendos lxr then it will be amazing Brendos lxr is my favourite pit bike of all time so cant wait to see what yours looks like

Well I don't want to make it like brendo's as then it wouldn't be my own but his is what inspired me I'm not going to lie I use to laugh at the guys who rode pit bikes but I rode one and see why there so fun , as for the build I design cars and parts I did a lot of work for tesla if you have heard of that car so I'm gonna be doing a lot of cnc work on custom parts and we also have a 5 axis laser which I'm going to using to make a klx110 subframe with the same mounting points as a lxr subframe which will hopefully help in mounting the klx plastics and possible cnc my own hubs

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

ame9anu8.jpg
aty6e3aj.jpg
du3e6equ.jpg
8y8u8ypu.jpg

This is my 2003 cr 125 I just finished rebuilding from frame up

That is just pure awesome, I loved the look of the cr's in 03-04, dont much care fore the later 06-08's though!

Thanks man it has a a lot done to it sent the motor to pro circuit frame was custom chopped and lowered a inch

So when are you starting on the lxr can't wait to see what you do to it

I just picked her up today have a race tomorrow then work and training all week so as soon as I have some spare time I'm going to get it ripped down to have the frame and swing arm powder coated

I'm thinking white possibly and the swinger black or I may just re do the frame black and the singer black not to sure yet

Hows the mini racing scene over there? Sounds like your hooked now!

There isn't any mini racing scene lol so I'd say it's **** but I'm going to build a pit bike track next to my mx track

Latest posts

Back