No name china bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you may have to do that mate but when you get a bit of coin behind you mate you know where to look now

Good stuff buddy, so its not such a piece of poo now.

Just wondering on cheap ways to get more speed out of it. Do u think that a foam style filter would make much difference? And what about a bigger carby, and how big should I go? Maybe even a 150 big bore kit but i dunno bout that cuz the rest of the bike isn't really worth it

Last edited:
a foam filter like a Unifilter will help the motor last longer.
are you using a K&N style filter now? they seem to let a lot of dirt/dust through.

Is that the metal/mesh style? Because yea I am, it's stock
get rid of it, go and get a nice new genuine uni filter taking your old one in to get the correct size
also buy some oil for it because you have to oil them (its probably best to not get the spray on stuff if you can afford it because then your 100% how much you have left)
another edit: Dont go get a black cheapie filter copy it will split pretty easy and waste your time and money get a genuine unifilter because they last for a long time usually and there 30 bucks usually

the paper filters are pretty horrid for flow and design along with filtration

So back to speed. What can I do to make it go faster? On the cheapish side?

an adjustable outer rotor kit will make it accelerate faster, and be a bit more responsive, they cost around $90

changing front sprockets is a cheap way of gaining top speed, eg fit a larger (more teeth) front sprocket, but you lose a little acceleration from standing/slow starts.
fitting one with less teeth will increase the acceleration from a standing start, but will drop the top speed a bit.

a better coil and spark plug will make the bike start easier, giving it a bigger/fatter/higher energy spark, and burn the fuel more efficiently, making a touch more power/torque too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COIL-SPL..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5a493cab&_uhb=1

or just the lead

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PIT-BIKE...H_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cd2c7cb7f&_uhb=1

NGK Irridium spark plug,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGK-IRID..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c19c1d83&_uhb=1

has the carby been jetted to suit the engine yet?
if not what carby is fitted, and what jets are you running?

Sorry but I'm really not sure about the carby. But it's stock as a rock, so whatever it came with is what it has but I dunno what that is

your carby will most likey be a mikuni knock off. im assuming its a 26mm? i have the same carb in my atomik, with the same jets etc, and it suits my bike perfectly. check your plug, if its black and sooty (or in worse cases wet) your running to rich (too much fuel. if its sorta light brown, like really light brown - to whitish colour then your running to lean (nmot enough fuel) if your too lean, go up in jet size, u can usually go up 2-3sizes at best.
if your rich, go down jet sizes. you can also adjust your needle accordingly. hope this helps mate.

oh and you might want to check your valve clearence. set the intake at 0.003 and exaust at 0.004. its probs the most common clerance to run, and if your not sure i'll explain for you.

If you want to go any faster than that i would go and buy a 2nd hand motor or a gpx 125
or only buy stuff you can put on another motor when this one blows because there is not much power to be had with the current motor
but if you really want to you could buy a cam and hd valve springs from akunar and some titanium retainers also and probably a big bore from him but it would probably end up being better off buying a new motor as i said before

Latest posts

Back