Non consistent running engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, what the hell is even is that picture at the bottom my67xr? Dosnt look anything like spark plug for a pit bike..

And there's not site. I'm going off what's have seen with my own two eyes blue - barley ran and when it did it didnt run properly. Gold- runs perfect

Chill out bro, use your head and common sense, it is only a colour reference of what your spark colour should look like, I can't simplify it any further.

And to that I say I could bet my left nut that when you had the blue spark that there was another variable causing it to run rough. And it wouldn't surprise me as your bike sounds very dodgy, kind of a death trap.

That chart show what colour a good spark is- blue, and what colour a bad spark is- yellow/orange

it is an automotive (including motorcycle) tool called a colour tune

you fit the tool inbetween your spark plug and your coil lead.
it helps to show how your engine is running

have you ever heard of something being white hot ?
well blue is the next step down from that, and yellow/gold etc is less again

i agree with Gooseman, i think the problem lies elsewhere.

Anyway if you are happy with the way it is running then that's fine by me.
but why did you start this thread then if it is running perfect ?

Blue spark is good, everywhere I have read hasnt said anything about gold/yellowish spark being good.

Aw yea that's why my brothers bike more than fine with a gold spark, anyway.. Ive never had a problem twisting wires together before, but I can remember washing my hands before doing it to my bros bike and I cold see that today wheni re did the ones to my coil that there was grit and greasy stuff on the wires and sort of through them.. Would that short it out a bit?

I think i have asked you before in one of your other threads , do you have a multimeter ?
you can test your stator readings to make sure it is good.
http://www.miniriders.com/electrica...neto-igniton-coil-source-coil-pulse-coil.html

Grit and grease wont short out wires, but bare wire ends touching something can
Do you own a soldering iron, or can you borrow one?
Just do it properly, solder the wires, then insulate them well with heat shrink or insulation tape,
then you only need to do it once

does your brother work on bikes too ? he might be able to help you out

Get an eye test? Haha why I have colour blind mates.. I know I'm not colour lind or anything.. and IMO I have good eyes.. Anyway are you saying that the grit cold be f'in it up? And no I don't have a multi meter myxr, but it would be a good thing to have around I supose.. How much can u pick em up for round abouts? Pretty cheap? I have heat shrink, I could use that.. But i always thought that might shortit out so I never used it, yeah my colour blind mate actualy has a solder I could borrow, so I will solder them up and, yeah he dose.. But he only knows what I have taught him. So anything i am still learning he probably won't no about.

What would a bit of sputtering a wot be if the ccarby is spotless float leave is correct and wiring is all good ect? Could it be to rich at wot mabey? Is has gotten a lot hotter here lately.. Don't really wanna do any plug chops after I it that helicoil in, dont really wana take the lug out again haha, but could dropping or easing the needle help it? Because it can restrict or allow more fule threw at wot throughthe main and needle jet ?

Latest posts

Back