Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riding Spots

Hi there i'm in newy i ride in the Medowie area Wallaroo State Forest and Medowie state forest all i can say fucking awsome tracks miles and miles of bush from fire trails to small tight tracks you got everything just have to watch for other guys especially quads no stopping them dudes few get there on friday arvo's and sat but all is good come and have a ride cheers.

I live in northern sydney and there is tons of bushland near me, some with fire trails and some just bush tracks. is it legal to ride there? i have a 50cc mini dirt bike
thanks

u need a spark arrestor. say if u were riding that day and ther was a bush fire. they can blame u cause u didnt have a spark arrestor..

but yer seems legal

zanim_copcar.gif
yeh or my boyz will be after you! so don't even think about having fun got it!
zangrysoapbox_sml.gif

(What a spoiler, i hate peolpe that lay down the law, the kind of people that stand in your way out in the bush to try & stop you)

where everything and dont go to stupid asnd they shall stay of ya trail ya on a dirt bike how they ment to catch u just zooom off

shitloads near me.. ur not allowed2 but u can do it ive seen cops on ther crfs in ther tryn to find weed and they jus told us to ship out

The Following is a list of riding spots in NSW. Please feel free to contribute.

wow, a wide variety of answers, but here is what I know for fact. NSW definitely has rec rego, I had my old Honda 110 trike rec rego'd cause it had working lights.
Fire trails used to be legal but sadly no more! Any National Park is out of the question except if there are purpose built off road bike tracks with signs displayed buy the governing council!
State Forrest's are Legal, except where signs state otherwise.

Also in both the last examples I gave you must be no closer than 30 meters from any public road without registration, and also wearing appropriate and approved helmet.
And you not interrupt any person or dwelling with noise levels exceeding 70 dbs.

Basically if your not in a National Park, There are No signs saying you can't, your not near any roads and no one complains about the noise, all is good.
Check your local council or police station, it only takes 5 minutes worth of phone calls.

Last edited:
Glenrock in Newcastle is a sweet place to ride, there are some big hills though. It is just so big that there are so many tracks and not that many ppl round, only mountain bikes. And if you live near merewether or dudley, somewhere close to a track that heads to glenrock you shouldnt have any probs with cops.:D

newcastle riders theres a track on the main road leading out of toronto think its some club other wise sus out around toronto i remember riding in a small area somewhere in toronto also theres another mx track on the main road (coming from sydney) turn off the freeway at the swansea turn off flow the road along to a place called nords warf you'll see a sign showing a turn off to goto the local caravan park theres a mx track on the corner behind the bush
seen someone mention the central coast i can only remember a suburb out the back of gosfor called something falls theres a small padock there with jumps u could sus it out

Glenrock in Newcastle is a sweet place to ride, there are some big hills though. It is just so big that there are so many tracks and not that many ppl round, only mountain bikes. And if you live near merewether or dudley, somewhere close to a track that heads to glenrock you shouldnt have any probs with cops.:D

Stay out of Glenrock. NPWS are changing it to a conservation area, they are starting to do patrols and the cops are starting to patrol. They have impounding abilities now (NPWS)

does any one no were any tracks are around penrith evan just riding spots

thanks cheers

does any one no were any tracks are around penrith evan just riding spots

thanks cheers

there's heaps of spots around penrith, just look in the bush areas, even on the big properties ask ppl if u can ride. there's a place near blacktown thats good if u like to ride big and small jumps. not legal but good fun

only legal track in sydney is MDMCS (macarther motorcycle club) just out side of campbelltown in appin its not all glory like in there pictures but i havent been out there in about a year so things might have changed other than that everywhere else is illegal unless ur bike has rego this doesnt stop thousands of riders across NSW riding where they want a few local places i goto are white rock (menai) wedderburn,minto and up the coast there is west gosford,nerds walf,swansea,toronto but the best bush i have seen is tumut down near the boarder not many bikes or 4WD's :D there are plenty of other places to ride that i havent been to yet look on a couple of forums
a few i want to check out are zigzag,louee,wattagns these are suppose to be really good :twisted:

i done zig zag on my pitty! had a fun time trying to keep up with the boys on the bigger bikes now my bike is a mess.... 450 to come when i figure out finance or loan etc etc

Latest posts

Back