Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riding in bush - legal?

I live in northern sydney and there is tons of bushland near me, some with fire trails and some just bush tracks. is it legal to ride there? i have a 50cc mini dirt bike
thanks

cant see why not, i mean even if you did get caught out there you wouldnt get in any trouble im guessing...just stay out of peoples property and youll be right.

everything is legal these days, unless you have permission from the owner, and possibly if you are on a rego'd bike

i love riding bush if ya know what i mean;) .... on the other bush i think you need recreg:D

IM STILL A VIRGIN, DAMN IT, LOL

very cryptic answers

im really looking for a straight yes or no :)

my bike is a 50cc mini dirt bike, and is not rego'd

legal, or no?

thanks guys

its hard to say yes or no...im not sure if a fire trail is classed as a road or not but if its not then its legal (i think), if you find bush land with no fences you should check if its a conservation park or anything like that if it isnt..then yes it is fine to ride there not sure if its legal tho.

if you are riding on private property you have a issue! it is elegal... if you are riding in say a licenced moto place with trails, tracks etc and u complie with there standards it would be legal... appin is legal, mani etc is elegal

"Fine to ride there but not sure if its legal"

Interesting

Any other insights anyone?

Its not private property, it will be state or federal govt property, but not state forest as such... in fact, its probably a national park. Does that help?

NO this is not legal... To ride on any government land or national park you would need to be over the age of 18 and have a recreational regerstration for your bike, the bike requires headlight and turning signals.

The bike is a chinese 50cc with no headlights or turn signals, can i retrofit them? i definately have the electrical skills to do it. how does a recreational rego work? can i do that with a chinese 50?

if its in the middle of the bush who cares! if its next to houses and shit you will have a problem i have a track on goverment land and have NO trouble.

Im prepared to do what it takes to make it legal, how do i get it recreg? excuse all the noob questions!

if its in the middle of the bush who cares! if its next to houses and shit you will have a problem i have a track on goverment land and have NO trouble.

Trashthumpy... u dont know shit! u go ride in these places... and you can pay for the fine!

you are not helping tevery13 with ur noob answers...

tevery13 im not sure about the regestration on these things! i have seen some riding around on the roads, but not sure what they have done... maybe it is best to check the rta site... if that dosent help go and speak to someone in person at your local rta

thanks crazzy
im more interested in bush and dirt biking than riding on the road, its downright unsafe to ride a 50cc mini on the road i reckon. im just trying to find out where i can legally ride!

cant see why not, i mean even if you did get caught out there you wouldnt get in any trouble im guessing...just stay out of peoples property and youll be right.

of course it is illegal

if your bike is not registered and you do not have a licence then it is illegal to ride it anywhere except for private property

the fines are $1K+

take your chances, but dont come bitching and moaning when you get a big fine

Latest posts

Back