oil cooler for anima 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry missed half your post .. oil gauge window turns around when tightening . so it has to be calibrated with ambient. go figure. you get what you pay for . Quality piece of junk.

Oil cooler holds 200ml of oil. l guess I have to unbolt it when l change the oil for draining. Or gently blow some compressed air through the cooler to extract it.

Last edited:
my stock lxr cooler works fine! my lines are braided! i wanted to upgrade for looks but have had no issues what so ever! Bucci have made a one off oil cooler that looks very trick!
bucci.jpg

I dont like the radiator style coolers, the fins bend too easy

How large is to large of an oil cooler for the oil pump? l assume having the twin rads and pumping oil up to the shroud area must take a bit of pressure. cooling v oil pressure . what do you think??

I reckon a bigger than standard cooler isn't a bad thing.
As long as it let's the engine warm up, to between 60 and 70 degrees it'll be fine.
Oil pressure is pretty low in them standard, i know the z155ho are around 10psi at idle and are around 30-35 psi at 3000 rpm.

the oil coolers are plumbed up to intercept the oil flow to the head and rockers, so deliver cooler oil to the top end first which the drains back through the cylinder to the gearbox and bottom end.

I haven't checked around for high volume pumps for the daytona's yet

Yeah like Craig said as long as it's getting up to temp any size should be fine. I actually had a custom twin setup on a 140 which would run it cold if that's believable it was hard to get the big up to temp and found that it ran better with a single, if your engine doesn't get up to temp it won't be as powerful as it possibly can be. Believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon a bigger than standard cooler isn't a bad thing.
As long as it let's the engine warm up, to between 60 and 70 degrees it'll be fine.

If you're too impatient to wait for a high volume oil cooler engine to warm up you could get an inline bypass thermostat like these:

Remote Oil Thermostat -10 AN FPT Ports

My anima runs below 50* on cold mornings :|

My dipstick / gauge china special was running at 105 degrees all day on the weekend. l hope it is not accurate. Thats with the new cooler .
Plug was running at the right color .

Stick the thermometer gauge in a cup full of boiling water from the kettle and see what the temp goes up to

l just tested the gauge with an LCD chef gauge (good quality) now it reads 20 degrees cooler.
l calibrated the gauge to ambient temperature ,as the dial spins around for some reason . And still off the mark.
when l get a chance on the weekend l will start it up and let it idle for 10 minutes and take a reading with the cooking gauge. The prong will slide in place of the Chinese temp gauge.

Now l have tried to calibrated the oil gauge to the cooking gauge and second it with a mercury gauge . The oil gauge now reads 10 degrees more.

Good luck with your gauge Craig ,lm junking mine .

Latest posts

Back