Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could just loop the oil line back and run without it but I wouldn't, the oil cooler will make your engine last longer. Take the fuel tank and plastics off and take the bike to a welder or engineer and get them to fabricate a bracket for the oil cooler. It won't cost much even if they have to do all the work.

i know this sounds stupid but mount it where your front number plate is ive seen it done looks good and would work much betta

Hmm dont sound stupid to me i like that idea my lines run real close to the exhaust and i was thinking of trying two oil coolers and running the lins away from the exhaust wonder how that would go?

u could mayb get exhaust wrap or sum good ol zip ties

The only problem with running the oil cooler on the forks is you will need new oil lines as the ones which come with the engine won't be long enough. I recon that getting new oil lines would cost more than getting a bracket welded to the frame and you would still need to fabricate a bracket to mout the oil cooler to the forks. In any case it would be foolish to run without the oil cooler when your engine will come with one.

No you can't run these without one. You will starve the head of oil. Like cass38a said you're only option is to loop a single line between the holes.

My bike has a battery. Is it possible to still get oil cooler as my battery is at the front above the head of the engine where i have seen most of them mounted.

My bike has a battery. Is it possible to still get oil cooler as my battery is at the front above the head of the engine where i have seen most of them mounted.

If you buy a oil cooled engine you will chuck your battery anyway as they will be kick start only. Is probably not worth the effort to fit a aftermarket oil cooler to a eletric start 125cc anyway.

lines dont cost much just use front brake cable what 20 bucks. hes problem was not that he didnt have money 4 the mount hes just got no where 2 put it.

Running the Lifan 140 without an oil cooler.

My oil cooler has snapped off the frame for the second time. I don't plan on getting it welded back on again. How effective is the actual oil cooler on the standard Lifan 140cc? I don't expect them to do much cooling??? I'm just going to link the holes together with a oil line. What will be the long term effects to the engine? I'm hoping none????

isnt the oil cooler surpose to make the engine last longer id weld it bak on

i spoke to a bloke at moto shop and he said he ripped his oil cooler off and pluged up the holes if its the same oil cooler as i have i believe it wouldnt do much any way looks like a big block of metal.

Anyone know if i can just bolt the holes up or do i have to run the oil line to each hole?

Note the oil cooler is fitted for a very good reason to help cool the engine oil and reciprocating parts.These engines have minimum cooling to begin with and run hot causing engine oil to thin quickly and break down.Removing the oil cooler makes as much sense as only half filling your cars auto trans cooler to save money on trans fluid..!!!!!!!
Get a quilified welder to fabricate a decent bracket for the oil cooler and re-weld it to the frame!.

You guys worry me at times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL [With a cringe thrown in !]

I think oneday someone is going to say "errr is it alright to ride my bike with no oil in it?"

Note the oil cooler is fitted for a very good reason to help cool the engine oil and reciprocating parts.These engines have minimum cooling to begin with and run hot causing engine oil to thin quickly and break down.Removing the oil cooler makes as much sense as only half filling your cars auto trans cooler to save money on trans fluid..!!!!!!!
Get a quilified welder to fabricate a decent bracket for the oil cooler and re-weld it to the frame!.

You guys worry me at times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL [With a cringe thrown in !]

but do you believe those big chunks of metal would actually cool anything brian a nice finned alumn oil cooler maby like off of a car or something but i wouldn't have thought these blocks of metal would have done anything, just my thoughts.

but do you believe those big chunks of metal would actually cool anything brian a nice finned alumn oil cooler maby like off of a car or something but i wouldn't have thought these blocks of metal would have done anything, just my thoughts.

Thats what i was thinking. You would think they would cool the oil at the most maybe .25 of a degree??? I really cant see the stock oil coolers doing much anyway.

Run your bike hard for 30 minutes and lick the oil cooler with your tounge then you will know if it is needed.

The 3rd degree burns to your tounge are a result of the heat being removed from the engine and engine oil.

A 140cc is a "heavy modded engine" as it has been stroked and bored out from its "original" 50cc design.

It is just plain dumb to run without it

Latest posts

Back