Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run it if you link those two nuts with one of the hoses. But get the cooler mounted ASAP is my advice.

The first oil outlet (which currently has a bolt shutting it off) is from the oil pump.
The second outlet (also plugged ATM) directs the oil up through the cylinder to the top end and the crank.
So for the oil to get up there and do its bit, you need to get the oil somehow from plug A to plug B.
Needless to say this is best done via the oil cooler.

Last edited:
ok lolz will do.. it was only running 3mins max not even... but ill do it 2moz thanks mack. does it have to get air cause i wana put it on the side of my frame

Yeah anywhere will be fine. If you do any serious work to the engine then I'd try to give it max airflow.

Anywhere is better than nowhere. Hopefully you didnt do too much damage when you ran your bike but it would have run without any oil in the top end for 3 minutes so it would have worn much more than usual during your little experiment.

its all good cause the oil wasnt even hot cause i changed the oil and needed to start it to get it warm and it wasnt hot

The oil wouldnt get hot as it didnt actually get pumped around the engine, the engine ran without oil.

The oil does not circulate thru the engine with those two holes plugged up end of story (a bit gets splashed on the crank but NO oil gets to the Cam, Valves, timing chain etc.) that is why the oil wont get too hot. So even though you had oil in the engine it was not doing much lubricating during those 2 or 3 minutes.

Oil cooler

i have a 125cc lifan start in any gear and i was wondering if i bought an oil cooler would it go straght on and how do i connect it to the engine? Cheers Daniel

If you buy a kit it would have an adapter plate that bolts onto the side of the head. Otherwise you can buy the adaptor plates seperate.

Yes should do the trick but there are heaps of different ones out there. Cheapest isnt always and usually far from the best.

can ppl post up links to wat would work i wanna get an oil cooler and do i have to do anything else or will it bolt straight on

why do you want 1 it should be right how it is

apparently makes the engine last longer and it looks bling :) lol

i have a 125cc lifan start in any gear and i was wondering if i bought an oil cooler would it go straght on and how do i connect it to the engine? Cheers Daniel

Hey Dan,
I was gunna write hot bike in your other thread, but I will do it hear instead.tell me, does it feel better typing "I have a start in any gear lifan", rather than I have an MXB?
Bet it does.
Love the new wheels.
No doubt you will keep us informed on it's progress.

Latest posts

Back