Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill make a trip to bunnings tomorrow :p

thanks guys

my exhaust melted a hole in m oil cool line....is there any different type of oil line i can replace it with...i dont want this problem again

Hey made my trip to bunnings purchased peice of metal and some enginears sealent for oil jobs

anyway heres some pics of mounted it worked fine with no sealent straight away no probs then i undid it to move cables and tightend it now it seems to be stuffed thread :( so i did it really tight and sealed it see tomorow if it holds.

i think after rotating the carby the accelerator is on a bit might haveto loosen it off casue so loud now but that would explain it

Attachments

• DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00191.JPG
    DSC00191.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 26
Lmfao at the stupid posts in this thread, thanks cass for talking some sense into them.

I just re read the thread and it is pretty funny.

DHZ sell replacement lines for $18- just get some and keep them away from the exhaust when you do up the bolts. If they dont have a spring on them wrap them with a bit of haudralic hose where they pass the exhaust.

We have a few of the oil cooler lines in stock if you need them !!!
Give us a call Dude !!

Ps. Make sure the flexible oil lines & springs are NOT coming in contact with the Cylinder or Exhaust at all.Many pittys have the lines overly twisted around themselves causing problems in this area instead of lessening them !

Cheers Brian

Last edited:
Just wondering my AGB29 is a 140cc and it doesnt have any type of oil cooling- i think one can be fitted, but it has two bolts pluging the holes.

Is this common for some of these bikes to come with them and some to come without depending on who puts them together? Orion doesnt have oil coolers but the Atomiks do? Mine gets hot but not sinking hot you cant ride it. Anyone else got a 140cc without and oil cooler?

I would be pulling that side cover and having a look at the oil resevoir compartment inside. The only way I could imagine that motor is getting oil is if Apollo has drilled from the resevior through to the oil pump outlet which is cast directly behind it.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Apollo assemblers don't realise how the oil feed works in this motor. Lifan doesn't supply coolers or the lines so the motor comes from the factory with the cases plugged like you have. If they just bought a shipment to keep up with the cc race, thinking it is the same as the previous engines, they just may not know. Big blunder if thats the case. I know it has happened to some dealers in Europe.
If it doesn't have the oil feed internally modified then there are a heap of people gonna be pissed real soon! No oil to the head or the crank.

Oh and its a Ducar 140cc not Lifan

- Are the Ducars supposed to come with oil cooling?

i have only ever seen the lifans to have oil cooler although i could be wrong :p

so if you hjavent got one fitted standard how do you get the outlets from the motor, to run to the cooler?

cheers

If you dont have a factory fit up you can buy a plate which bolts to the side of your head that accomodates the filter lines (tubes 380 sells them it think).

I agree with Mack of you have bolts plugging up the holes (instead od just a blank casting) then you probably need to fit a oil cooler ASAP.

Surely the bike would not have run for 3 hours with no oil to the head and cams- this is madness! :)

Ill take a photo of the side of the engine where i think the oil cooler bolts are pluged and you can see what im talking about.

I Suppose the question is who has a Ducar with an oil cooler- i havent seen one

Oil coolers on Ducar 140's

Looking at it again it doesnt look like its plugged up. I think they are just bolts holding that plate on the side of the head it has 3 bolts. See attached and tell me if you can put an oil cooler on? Cheers

P.S How do you insert pictures straight into you post?

Attachments

• 30-05-07_1837.jpg
    30-05-07_1837.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Those bolts are not for the oil cooler, they just hold the plate on, nothing to worry about (the bolts I was thinking about are on the bottom of the engine case).

use photobucket and attach as a image

Ah, when you said two bolts plugging the oil cooler holes we all presumed you were talking about case fed oil cooling...

Installing an oil cooler

Hello

I have a lifan 138 but I dont have an oil cooler yet. Do they just bolt on as simple as that or is there more to it?

cheers

Latest posts

Back