Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dan,
I was gunna write hot bike in your other thread, but I will do it hear instead.tell me, does it feel better typing "I have a start in any gear lifan", rather than I have an MXB?
Bet it does.
Love the new wheels.
No doubt you will keep us informed on it's progress.

lol thanks man it sure does :), ill keep everyone updated

Last edited:
ok ill have a look around for the radiator type the one in teh link you posted is an amreican website, i wanna get one from australia thanks anyway.

ok ill have a look around for the radiator type the one in teh link you posted is an amreican website, i wanna get one from australia thanks anyway.

The internet makes the world a small place ! Buy a radiator type from Australia , and you'll pay over $250 + for that same oil cooler - double what you can get it for yourself !

Where to mount oil cooler ?

Hi Guys

im still playing with bike trying to find a good spot to mount oil cooler i have a Atomik Pro X with lifan 140 i cant really mount it in the front cause Air intake is there and no room

i was gonna mount inside the front fairings but that means its vertical and cables come up from bottom not sure if that will work ?? seems to fit there really nicely

any ideas ? photos ?

cheers guys

Last edited:
maybe post some photos up so we can see where the gaps are that you could mount it.

You can put it anywhere but the more air flow the better, if you cant get a good spot on the frame you could put it on your forks/tripple clamp. Ideally the flow of oil should be down (ie hot oil from motor into the top of the cooler and the cooled oil out the bottom) but it will work mounted in any position.

mine is mounted in between the frame an the fairings.....it works fine i know because after i put it there i started it and oil came out of both bolts...i hadnt done them up properly...so oil can run through it i just cable tied it there

hahahah thanks Jayde156 and cass388a

i actually mounted it last night and same thing happend oil leaked out of one of them so i put some more rubber washers on either sides and seems to have fixed it

so im guessing there is enough pressure to pump it up into cooler :p

ill post some pics tonight

but i just mounted it to the side fairings where the little fins normally go to help flow of air to intake

See here

sorry guys i didnt take a photo casue i tested last night its to close to plastic so things get very hot

i twisted the carby and intake around 180 degrees and now im gonna make a bracket and put it where the intake was il post some pics up when done

thats wat i done :D im makeing the bracket tonite or 2moz. ive had the motor in the bike for like 4weeks now and never been for a ride lmao

ahahha yeah mines been in for a week or so now no ride prob be another week :(

yeah what im gonna do is mount a metal bar across the two bolts that fix the plastic fins to the metal on either side of the bike then drill into that and mount the cooler :p

not matter how tight i do up the bolts it seems to leak on cooler tiny bit might have to get some sealent of some kind for it

m,ake sure that you make them as flat as possible as sometimes they come out of th factory distorted and not flat which is the main reason behind them leaking. also get the right sealent as that will help you out heaps dont skimp and get something cheaper if its not right. 3 bond would probably be your est bet if noone knows of anything better.

Latest posts

Back